Below 3.0 gpa Support Group/Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg, I'm upset it took me so long to find this thread but so grateful and happy I did. Kudos to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did all my pre-reqs and a community college and transferred with a 2.9 GPA a while back. Took the MCAT 6 times, my most recent being a decent score. Currently have one DO acceptance and one MD acceptance and still waiting on a few schools. You can do this! I believe in you all! :D

You are an inspiration!

Was sitting here trying to get through coursework, when I became overwhelmed with fear and anxiety of not making it to med school. I immediately scrambled onto SDN to find this thread! I just wanted to express a HUGE thank you to everyone who has shared their stories. Today was a day I needed some extra inspiration to keep chuggin' along.

Where I'm at in my journey: Finishing up a two year post-bacc with a 3.8 GPA, which will bump up my 2.5 cGPA to a 2.8 cGPA . My calculations indicate it would take another 1.5 years to hit a 3.0 cGPA, so I'm planning to do well on the MCAT and apply broadly to DOs and state schools in 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was sitting here trying to get through coursework, when I became overwhelmed with fear and anxiety of not making it to med school. I immediately scrambled onto SDN to find this thread! I just wanted to express a HUGE thank you to everyone who has shared their stories. Today was a day I needed some extra inspiration to keep chuggin' along.

Where I'm at in my journey: Finishing up a two year post-bacc with a 3.8 GPA, which will bump up my 2.1 cGPA to a 2.8 cGPA . My calculations indicate it would take another 1.5 years to hit a 3.0 cGPA, so I'm planning to do well on the MCAT and apply broadly to DOs and state schools in 2020.

I'm kinda in the same boat as well, though I'm taking my MCAT next month.

We're all here rooting for you!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on well respected SMPs that take below a 3.0 (with a large upward trend/extenuating circumstances)?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on well respected SMPs that take below a 3.0 (with a large upward trend/extenuating circumstances)?
I believe the AAMC website has a search engine for SMPs and postbacs by state and type. I would start there.

Hi all,

I had/have a sub-3.0 uGPA with an upward trend and was able to get accepted into LMU's SMP. In the 2nd semester now. If you (or anyone, for that matter) have any questions about it, feel free to pm me.

Where I'm at in my journey: Finishing up a two year post-bacc with a 3.8 GPA, which will bump up my 2.1 cGPA to a 2.8 cGPA . My calculations indicate it would take another 1.5 years to hit a 3.0 cGPA, so I'm planning to do well on the MCAT and apply broadly to DOs and state schools in 2020.
Congrats!! That's really inspiring :)
If you don't mind me asking, what post-bacc are you attending? You can DM me if you don't want to publicly post it. Thank you!! an

Congrats!! That's really inspiring :)
If you don't mind me asking, what post-bacc are you attending? You can DM me if you don't want to publicly post it. Thank you!! an

A majority of people include myself do a DIY-postbacc to strengthen their uGPA/sGPA, where you take upper division science courses at a local college/university.

Hi All,

Just a question. I myself have been doing an informal post bacc for 3 years. 2.1 to a 3.0 science gpa after 31 courses. Thats my science gpa. However I ran out of classes to take and most other courses offered at other universities I have taken similar or equivalent to them. My cummulative GPA will sit at a 2.93. Is it worth to take additional courses to make my cGPA a 3.0?

Hi All,

Just a question. I myself have been doing an informal post bacc for 3 years. 2.1 to a 3.0 science gpa after 31 courses. Thats my science gpa. However I ran out of classes to take and most other courses offered at other universities I have taken similar or equivalent to them. My cummulative GPA will sit at a 2.93. Is it worth to take additional courses to make my cGPA a 3.0?
How many credits of A’s do you need to get to 3.0?

Hi All,

I'm in your spot as well for sGPA and I recommend getting it up to 3.0. Some schools (i.e. most of the DO schools) automatically reject people if they're under 3.0 in one or both aspects of the GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many credits of A’s do you need to get to 3.0?

According to my calculator I need 9 more courses so 36 units. If i didn't exhaust all the courses here where I am taking them I would do it...I figured after 31 courses it would do the trick. I don't think I would want to spend 15k on a post bacc to get only .8 more points on to my cGPA though. Not trying to barely pass by the system, just figured earning a 3.0 for my sGPA was a solid point as everything after that would be so much more difficult to raise my GPA, plus financially speaking, I don't have the money for a formal post bacc. I been paying out of pocket every quarter for 4-5 courses so I barely kept up with paying for it. I work full time doing clinical work, volunteer as a science teacher on saturdays, and have a few other activities from the past, so the main thing I hope to shows schools I have some potential is beat the mcat with a solid score.

also super glad this board is out here.
I don't know how many times I been told to do a different career/how slim to zero chance I had to getting into school was and reading the past experiences from folks was touching and so inspirational. Just amazing.

According to my calculator I need 9 more courses so 36 units.
Just in case no one has told you:

your undergrad GPA is separate from anything you take after you graduate

those courses are listed separately and combined

for instance, my 2.196 cGPA and 0.0 sGPA are still there BUT

My post bacc sGPA = 4.0 as does my cGPA - I will still get screened out at places but many will look at the post bacc and recency vs. the 30 year old GPAs (yes, thirty year old GPA)

Don't give up :) Just continue to do well!

According to my calculator I need 9 more courses so 36 units. If i didn't exhaust all the courses here where I am taking them I would do it...I figured after 31 courses it would do the trick. I don't think I would want to spend 15k on a post bacc to get only .8 more points on to my cGPA though. Not trying to barely pass by the system, just figured earning a 3.0 for my sGPA was a solid point as everything after that would be so much more difficult to raise my GPA, plus financially speaking, I don't have the money for a formal post bacc. I been paying out of pocket every quarter for 4-5 courses so I barely kept up with paying for it. I work full time doing clinical work, volunteer as a science teacher on saturdays, and have a few other activities from the past, so the main thing I hope to shows schools I have some potential is beat the mcat with a solid score.

I don't know how many times I been told to do a different career/how slim to zero chance I had to getting into school was and reading the past experiences from folks was touching and so inspirational. Just amazing.
I believe you should be fine. A 0.07 bump in your cumulative GPA is so small that its not worth the money or effort. The MCAT is the great equalizer. If you can get a decent score you should be able to get into a DO school. If you go back and read older posts in this thread, you will find some underdogs that even got into MD schools. For instance @SkiBum8 had a GPA lower than yours, bombed an SMP with a 1.5 GPA, and had a 518 MCAT. He ended up getting accepted into Rosalind Franklin University School of Medicine. I know n=1 but just keep pushing and do the best you can on the MCAT.

I believe you should be fine. A 0.07 bump in your cumulative GPA is so small that its not worth the money or effort. The MCAT is the great equalizer. If you can get a decent score you should be able to get into a DO school. If you go back and read older posts in this thread, you will find some underdogs that even got into MD schools. For instance @SkiBum8 had a GPA lower than yours, bombed an SMP with a 1.5 GPA, and had a 518 MCAT. He ended up getting accepted into Rosalind Franklin University School of Medicine. I know n=1 but just keep pushing and do the best you can on the MCAT.

So is it even worth applying to MD?

haha well regardless of age, you are rocking it. I am sure you will be grabbing that white coat real soon :)
Don't know about that but am giving it everything I have this cycle. I will be complete with MCAT score for the first time. What happens after that is up to all of you out there to show me some love.

Thank you for the support :)

As @Shotapp said, rock the MCAT... it overcomes a lot as it does compare relatively, in theory, to Step 1 which is what schools rate themselves on (passage, scores, etc.)

I know of someone with a 3.2 cGPA and 3.25 sGPA that got a 519... had a story, of course ... got into a top 25

Instead of rock the cassbah, rock the MCAT

So is it even worth applying to MD?

Did you read this? Major reinvention story - what should I do now?
2.7 cGPA w/ 2 acceptance and 6 total interviews. You've come along way man, I can't imagine how many people tried to detour you from this path and dream as you mentioned. You've come to the right place, we are here to support each other through this. Right now I would invest as much energy as possible into the MCAT. I would also advise you to call and talk to your state schools and see if they have any cutt-offs. You can do this, you've already demonstrated that through your recent academic success.

I am in a similar position as you and I asked the creator of this thread @Major what his opinion was about reaching a 3.0 cGPA after he got a few acceptances into medical school. He urged me to do it because, although a ton of medical schools use a holistic process, there are just so many applicants that they have to draw the line somewhere and that is most likely a 3.0 cGPA.

I happen to agree with him about this “prediction.” It’s not really a fact about admissions, only an educated guess. You can use MSAR and go to the websites of whatever medical schools you’re interested in and check their FAQs or admissions requirements. For example, Rutgers RWJMS and Western Michigan states this under entrance requirements, UNR hints at it under their FAQs, and other schools have higher minimum cGPAs. However, most medical schools do not state nor hint to whether they will screen at 3.0 so it really does become a guessing game.

Anyways, those are the reasons for why I am going for the 3.0 and think maybe you should too. However, as other posters above have mentioned, people do get accepted into medical school with sub 3.0 cGPAs. Anecdotally, one of my coworkers received multiple acceptances from DO schools with a sub 3.0 GPA so I hope this encourages you if this is the route you decide to take. But no matter what route you take, you better give the MCAT hell because whether it's a 3.0 GPA or a sub 3.0 GPA a bad MCAT will kill us both equally.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello,
I have skimmed through many posts on here and realize most people have very unique experiences. I think I may be coming to end of my pursuit of medical school and would like to know I have exhausted all feasible options. I will keep it as brief as possible while still forming a reasonable picture of my situation. I went to college straight out of high school with no goal or direction. Did terrible. Dropped out of college, joined the army. I was injured in Afghanistan (burst compression fx L1) and required a great deal of rehab to get back to the point of few limitations. During that time, I realized I wanted to be in the medical field. I went to community college for a few semester to improve the gpa, then the local university. I worked full time as an ED tech while in school. My gpa improved but still got some C's here and there. MCAT at the time was 27 (2012). Became discouraged after two cycles of rejections. Became a paramedic, retook the mcat twice this past year (501 and 502, despite 11 practice tests averaging 507), and took 3 postbacc classes through UNE (A, and 2 A-). My current cGPA and sGPA are 2.7 and 2.71 and I currently have a total of 224 college credits. I have the option to pay for university tuition for my paramedic course, which would bring my cGPA up to 2.9, but also ~25k in student debt and 43 more credits to my total. My last 60 credit cGPA and sGPA is 3.0 and 2.7 (due to some C's in upper level science classes at the university ~5 years ago). I am 33 years old and am getting tired of such a bleak and uncertain future. I know I am a more mature and better student now than I was 5-14 years ago, but the numbers do not currently reflect that. I am open to an SMP, but the problem is getting the admission board's attention and convincing them I am worth a shot with these numbers. I am open to any advice. Thanks.

Hello,
I have skimmed through many posts on here and realize most people have very unique experiences. I think I may be coming to end of my pursuit of medical school and would like to know I have exhausted all feasible options. I will keep it as brief as possible while still forming a reasonable picture of my situation. I went to college straight out of high school with no goal or direction. Did terrible. Dropped out of college, joined the army. I was injured in Afghanistan (burst compression fx L1) and required a great deal of rehab to get back to the point of few limitations. During that time, I realized I wanted to be in the medical field. I went to community college for a few semester to improve the gpa, then the local university. I worked full time as an ED tech while in school. My gpa improved but still got some C's here and there. MCAT at the time was 27 (2012). Became discouraged after two cycles of rejections. Became a paramedic, retook the mcat twice this past year (501 and 502, despite 11 practice tests averaging 507), and took 3 postbacc classes through UNE (A, and 2 A-). My current cGPA and sGPA are 2.7 and 2.71 and I currently have a total of 224 college credits. I have the option to pay for university tuition for my paramedic course, which would bring my cGPA up to 2.9, but also ~25k in student debt and 43 more credits to my total. My last 60 credit cGPA and sGPA is 3.0 and 2.7 (due to some C's in upper level science classes at the university ~5 years ago). I am 33 years old and am getting tired of such a bleak and uncertain future. I know I am a more mature and better student now than I was 5-14 years ago, but the numbers do not currently reflect that. I am open to an SMP, but the problem is getting the admission board's attention and convincing them I am worth a shot with these numbers. I am open to any advice. Thanks.
I dont think you should give up, but you seem to have some hurdles that are keeping you from reaching your potential. The post bac grades should be better. Given your age, are there family or financial reasons pulling you away from giving the reinvention process your all? I think if you really want to keep going that you have to reevaluate your lifestyle so to maximize the gains moving forward. Work 2 jobs if you have to for a year or 2 to save enough money so that if you go back for a formal SMP that you can not have to work or work only part time. Then approach your learning style, maybe it needs improvement. Pick up "How we learn and why we don't" by Lois breur Krause. If you want this you're gonna have to fight. Keep going. Unless you can live with doing something else, then do that because the stress doesnt end here it only gets worse but I'm sure you just have to find a better approach. Good luck!

Hey everyone,
My ugrad gpa is terrible-2.34 cgpa
I enrolled in a masters of health science specialization in clinical laboratory science and did much better
After 18 earned credits, I have a 3.67 gpa.

Here are the courses I have taken in my masters so far:

Research in Health sciences-3.0

Pathophysiology of Disease 3.0

Legal and Ethical Issues 3.0

Advanced Practice in Clinical Chemistry 3.0

Health, Policy, Organization and finance 3.0

Proposal Writing 3.0

Total of 18 Credits

gradGPA is 3.67

Courses I plan on re-taking:

Organic Chemistry I 3.0

Organic Chemistry II: 4.0

Total post-bacc/masters: 25 credits:

If I apply with these courses and assuming I do well on the organic chem courses, will this be enough to reinvent myself and show to adcoms that I can handle medical school?

I have already a personal statement which is compelling and has been reviewed by several doctors.
My current job requires me to work directly with pathologists and I am anticipating getting strong letters of recommendation from the Medical Director of the Pathology lab as well as the pathologist I work closely with, as well as a DO doctor I have already shadowed.

I plan on taking the MCAT soon and hope to apply this cycle; Assuming all other parts of my application are strong, am I on the right track?

For my school list I am targeting low-tier DO schools in my state as well as brand new DO/MD schools...
Am I competitive for any DO school?

Some of my ECs include:
4 years tutoring students in the Math/Science Disciplines
2 years of total laboratory experience, 1 year in a hospital laboratory, 1 year at a non-hospital laboratory.
Nonclinical Volunteering for UMR-200 hours
1 year employed at Boys and Girls club (Not sure if this counts for anything)
1 year employed as Computer Technician
I am also Trilingual...I am technically not considered URM but I am a first generation US college graduate.
NYLF/MED attendee-Conference for those interested in Medicine
4 months experience as a Pharmacy Technician

Thank you everyone in advance for your input.

I just want to thank everyone for putting their stories on here. I literally have been so depressed and discouraged these past few months. A little about myself: I started off college horribly. I want to say my gpa was probably a 1.7. I withdrew and began a community college after becoming pregnant and being a single mother. I received a 3.72. Transferred to a university that was an 1.5 hour commute, while working full-time and taking care of my little one. Been through alot during that time. My ugpa at this school is a 2.45 and my sgpa is probably worst Mostly C's. I have been so stressed out lately because I had no back up plan. So I've been looking up master's program for MSW/MBA because I feel like I have screwed up really bad. You guys have really showed me that I can still do this even if I'm rejected for years in a row it is still possible. Thank you so much.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm looking for any advice. Horrible cGPA 2.64 and sGPA 2.31. I've taken Bio 1 & 2, Chem 1 & 2, and Orgo 1 & 2, literally received C's in all. Should I retake them all in a DIY post bacc or do a formal one? Just looking for any advice because I am not sure of how to fix this.

I'm looking for any advice. Horrible cGPA 2.64 and sGPA 2.31. I've taken Bio 1 & 2, Chem 1 & 2, and Orgo 1 & 2, literally received C's in all. Should I retake them all in a DIY post bacc or do a formal one? Just looking for any advice because I am not sure of how to fix this.
You should retake whatever you have Cs in. Formal post-baccs are expensive, so if you have a 4-year university near you that you could retake them at (aka a DIY post-bacc, that would most likely suffice (and be cheaper/probably more flexible logistically).

Also, if you haven't already, you should totally read Goro's guide to reinvention. I don't have the link to it right now, but if I find it, I'll edit it into my post (or maybe someone can follow-up and post it below). Or you can just search for it on here.

Don’t retake C’s. What’s the point? Of course you’re going to do better the second time around. Take upper level science courses in similar topics and ace those. But you need to take a step back and figure out how you are going to ace classes moving forward. As you know, just because you wish to earn A’s doesn’t mean it will magically happen, you need to make major adjustments.

Yes, you should retake all of those pre-requisite courses that you received C's in again. Mastery of those courses will help you tremendously when the time comes for you to study/take the MCAT. But before you take any courses again, make sure your in a health state of mind (manage your depression) and continuously remind yourself why you want to become a doctor. I have had my fair share of depressive moments and it cannot only affect your grades but other areas of your life (so getting it under control now is critical because this journey just gets harder the deeper you go).
Do a diy post-bac. You'll want to ease yourself into it especially since you work full-time and you are a parent. Start off with one science class and make sure you can get an A. After that first A, if you think you can handle and get A's in two science classes then do it (but I would take 2 science classes max in your situation).

Don’t retake C’s. What’s the point? Of course you’re going to do better the second time around. Take upper level science courses in similar topics and ace those. But you need to take a step back and figure out how you are going to ace classes moving forward. As you know, just because you wish to earn A’s doesn’t mean it will magically happen, you need to make major adjustments.

Absolutely! That is the best advice I've received! It is going to take hardwork.

Yes, you should retake all of those pre-requisite courses that you received C's in again. Mastery of those courses will help you tremendously when the time comes for you to study/take the MCAT. But before you take any courses again, make sure your in a health state of mind (manage your depression) and continuously remind yourself why you want to become a doctor. I have had my fair share of depressive moments and it cannot only affect your grades but other areas of your life (so getting it under control now is critical because this journey just gets harder the deeper you go).
Do a diy post-bac. You'll want to ease yourself into it especially since you work full-time and you are a parent. Start off with one science class and make sure you can get an A. After that first A, if you think you can handle and get A's in two science classes then do it (but I would take 2 science classes max in your situation).

Thank you so much for your advice! I was thinking to cap it at a 2 class max for now. I am going to take my time with this one and not give up

A poor foundation in the pre-requisite courses will lead to a poor MCAT score. She got C's in every course so it would be in her best interest to retake them.

Reactions: 4 users
You should retake whatever you have Cs in. Formal post-baccs are expensive, so if you have a 4-year university near you that you could retake them at (aka a DIY post-bacc, that would most likely suffice (and be cheaper/probably more flexible logistically).

Also, if you haven't already, you should totally read Goro's guide to reinvention. I don't have the link to it right now, but if I find it, I'll edit it into my post (or maybe someone can follow-up and post it below). Or you can just search for it on here.

I have found his thread! Thank you so much for the advice!

A poor foundation in the pre-requisite courses will lead to a poor MCAT score. She got C's in every course so it would be in her best interest to retake them.
Agree - not only with MCAT but higher end courses rely on lower level knowledge; can't cook before you know what a cup is

I had a 2.7 cGPA and a 2.6 sGPA with over 70 credit hours as well as a then recent pre-interview rejection letter to xray tech school when I decided to pursue medicine. Needless to say, I didn't get very many votes of confidence. I took my time at a pace of 11 credits per semester while racking up over 9000 (literally) hours of clinical work experience. With next to no grade replacement, I managed to bring it up to a 3.3 cGPA and sGPA and am matriculating to DMU-COM in just over a month! Keep the faith, friends. You can do this.

MCAT?

Specifically the inorganic Chems and Biochem.

Wait what? We’re retaking C’s now? I have to disagree with that even if it is in the prerequisites. I have C's in all of those prerequisites as well except for O Chem II (I got a B). I have not had issues acing upper level biology or chemistry courses since I began my DIY postbac. These classes build off those foundational courses so if I had foundational issues then earning A’s in those courses would not be possible or would be, at the very least, extremely difficult. I know this is an n=1 situation but it's not F's its C's and I am no more intelligent then the next pre-med student.

You need to get your GPA up and retaking C’s will slow you down. Also, if you’re studying for the MCAT then you will be reviewing the content for those foundational courses. You and I may have to do more reviewing of content then the average pre-med but I am not concerned with that because you know what the number one advice is for taking the MCAT from people with great scores? Take as many practice exams as possible and don’t spend too much time on content because the MCAT is not about remembering a bunch of facts but about using critical thinking. Granted, a good foundation is needed but you got C’s not F’s plus that’s why you take RELEVANT upper level science courses that will reinforce that prior material.

I know that this is a long rant but if people are saying you need to retake those C’s then that means that I would need to retake those C's and now that I am near the end of my DIY postbac I definitely don't feel that's necessary. Now if I totally bomb the MCAT then I will have to come back to this thread and eat crow. Anyways, @hopesofMedSchool good luck to you in whatever path you choose.

Wait what? We’re retaking C’s now?
I think I read from one of the adcoms on here or similar that anything at a C or lower should be retaken. However, you're already far enough along in your process so, I would not worry about it. :)

Actually, I think they usually say retaking Cs isn’t necessary unless you are weak in those subjects (at least that’s what Goro says). But I totally agree with everybody else that votes for that poster retaking, because he/she is obviously weak in them if they got Cs in those science pre-reqs across the board. If it was just a couple of Cs here and there, that would maybe be different.

Actually, I think they usually say retaking Cs isn’t necessary unless you are weak in those subjects (at least that’s what Goro says). But I totally agree with everybody else that votes for that poster retaking, because he/she is obviously weak in them if they got Cs in those science pre-reqs across the board. If it was just a couple of Cs here and there, that would maybe be different.

I agree with this.

Wait what? We’re retaking C’s now? I have to disagree with that even if it is in the prerequisites. I have C's in all of those prerequisites as well except for O Chem II (I got a B). I have not had issues acing upper level biology or chemistry courses since I began my DIY postbac. These classes build off those foundational courses so if I had foundational issues then earning A’s in those courses would not be possible or would be, at the very least, extremely difficult. I know this is an n=1 situation but it's not F's its C's and I am no more intelligent then the next pre-med student.

You need to get your GPA up and retaking C’s will slow you down. Also, if you’re studying for the MCAT then you will be reviewing the content for those foundational courses. You and I may have to do more reviewing of content then the average pre-med but I am not concerned with that because you know what the number one advice is for taking the MCAT from people with great scores? Take as many practice exams as possible and don’t spend too much time on content because the MCAT is not about remembering a bunch of facts but about using critical thinking. Granted, a good foundation is needed but you got C’s not F’s plus that’s why you take RELEVANT upper level science courses that will reinforce that prior material.

I know that this is a long rant but if people are saying you need to retake those C’s then that means that I would need to retake those C's and now that I am near the end of my DIY postbac I definitely don't feel that's necessary. Now if I totally bomb the MCAT then I will have to come back to this thread and eat crow. Anyways, @hopesofMedSchool good luck to you in whatever path you choose.

Thank you for your response! If I may ask, what upper level classes did you take?

Thank you for your response! If I may ask, what upper level classes did you take?
Genetics, Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2, Cell Bio, Molecular Genetics, Biotechnology, Immunology, Medical Genetics, and Organometallic Chemistry

Wait what? We’re retaking C’s now? I have to disagree with that even if it is in the prerequisites.

Going to agree with this, but for a totally different reason. Don't think anyone currently in this thread is an adcom, so let's all just remember that this is effectively the blind leading the blind (myself included).

Every adcom I've talked to has said that you don't necessarily need to retake C's. The previous reason is that DO schools have done grade replacement, but that has since gone by the wayside. DT is correct that if you're retaking a class, you damn well better get an A or else they're going to look at you funny. So in short, there's a lot of down side and not a lot of upside.

However, I'd still be hesitant to keep moving on to upper division classes if you're not doing well. You need to know WHY you did poorly, HOW you're going to not piss the bed again, and then spend a semester doing that. If you're particularly struggling with science, I'd recommend dropping down to one science class (get some of your GEs out of the way) and do the above in that one class. Once you get an A, you start adding to your science courseload. I assume that DT figured out what they were doing wrong and made some sort of course correction-- whether you retake or not, that's kind of the essential step. If that means you need to go to part time for a semester or two, do it-- taking an extra semester to finish undergrad will help you not need extra time later (said as I round out my 7th gap year....).

I think I read from one of the adcoms on here or similar that anything at a C or lower should be retaken. However, you're already far enough along in your process so, I would not worry about it. :)

Are you going to be applying this upcoming cycle?

Going to agree with this, but for a totally different reason. Don't think anyone currently in this thread is an adcom, so let's all just remember that this is effectively the blind leading the blind (myself included).

Every adcom I've talked to has said that you don't necessarily need to retake C's. The previous reason is that DO schools have done grade replacement, but that has since gone by the wayside. DT is correct that if you're retaking a class, you damn well better get an A or else they're going to look at you funny. So in short, there's a lot of down side and not a lot of upside.

However, I'd still be hesitant to keep moving on to upper division classes if you're not doing well. You need to know WHY you did poorly, HOW you're going to not piss the bed again, and then spend a semester doing that. If you're particularly struggling with science, I'd recommend dropping down to one science class (get some of your GEs out of the way) and do the above in that one class. Once you get an A, you start adding to your science courseload. I assume that DT figured out what they were doing wrong and made some sort of course correction-- whether you retake or not, that's kind of the essential step. If that means you need to go to part time for a semester or two, do it-- taking an extra semester to finish undergrad will help you not need extra time later (said as I round out my 7th gap year....).

I really like that last paragraph. Even when you are getting A's you should be constantly re-evaluating yourself and your study habits. There are times where I do well on exams but realize that I could have achieved the same grade had I been more efficient with my studying habits. For example, I would catch myself getting close to copying every word on a powerpoint when making notes and then I would stop and think about what the professor wants us to know about that particular slide and jot down a bullet point or two for each slide instead of entire paragraphs.