Best approaches: Northwestern Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evendry707

UCB '03
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any suggestions? i sent a letter of intent actually right when they made decisions, so it probably didn't get into my file in time. what else should i do? i've seen websites suggest calling and emailing the dean, sending additional rec letters, sending frequent updates, etc. what will work for northwestern?

if i don't get into northwestern this year, i'll try again the following application season. any thoughts, comments, suggestions? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Send letters updating them and telling them again how much you love their school. I however would suggest not reapplying ONLY to get into NW. If you only get accepted to one school where you know you won't be happy then I can see how reapplying may make sense, but to just get into your top choice is a risky move to take.

evendry707 said:
any suggestions? i sent a letter of intent actually right when they made decisions, so it probably didn't get into my file in time. what else should i do? i've seen websites suggest calling and emailing the dean, sending additional rec letters, sending frequent updates, etc. what will work for northwestern?

if i don't get into northwestern this year, i'll try again the following application season. any thoughts, comments, suggestions? thanks.