evendry707

UCB '03
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Status
any suggestions? i sent a letter of intent actually right when they made decisions, so it probably didn't get into my file in time. what else should i do? i've seen websites suggest calling and emailing the dean, sending additional rec letters, sending frequent updates, etc. what will work for northwestern?

if i don't get into northwestern this year, i'll try again the following application season. any thoughts, comments, suggestions? thanks.

jjmack

15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
LA
Status
MD/PhD Student, Resident [Any Field]
Send letters updating them and telling them again how much you love their school. I however would suggest not reapplying ONLY to get into NW. If you only get accepted to one school where you know you won't be happy then I can see how reapplying may make sense, but to just get into your top choice is a risky move to take.

evendry707 said:
any suggestions? i sent a letter of intent actually right when they made decisions, so it probably didn't get into my file in time. what else should i do? i've seen websites suggest calling and emailing the dean, sending additional rec letters, sending frequent updates, etc. what will work for northwestern?

if i don't get into northwestern this year, i'll try again the following application season. any thoughts, comments, suggestions? thanks.