Best inappropriate urology songs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

periopdoc

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know, for playing during closing after vasovasotomies and penile implants. Some of my favorites.

Let's get it on - Marvin Gaye (the classic)
All that she wants (is another baby) - Ace of Base (I didn't say they had to be songs you would like to listen to necessarily)
(You're) Having my baby - many different versions
Let's make love - Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill
Wanna make a baby - R. Kelly
I just want to make love to you - Etta James
Forever young - Bob Dylan

Additions?

- pod

Members don't see this ad.

All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You by Heart, that song about the lady married to the guy that can't get her pregnant, so she goes trolling the streets and lays the first fertile-looking guy she sees.

Members don't see this ad :)
All the small things - Blink 182
I'll make love to you - Boyz II Men
Numb - Linkin Park
I would do anything for love - Meatloaf
Getting Jiggy with it - Will Smith

My favorite song to spring on a surgeon after a particularly gory case...

Bleeding Love

Thankfully it wouldn't apply to most urology cases, although might be funny during a prostatectomy or partial nephrectomy that is losing some blood.

The first surgery I ever saw while shadowing was a circumcision on a 16yo. The song on the radio when the patient arrived was "All you need is Love" by the Beatles.

In the GI suite they are always playing "I Want to Sex You Up" by Color me Bad. I wonder what the patients are thinking when they hear that before they are given anesthesia :laugh:

During a penile implant a few have been known to sing the commercial from Subway, "$5 Footlongs".