This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medstudentnyc101

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello.

I am a 2nd year medical student. I am interested in pursuing my residency training (+ fellowship + eventual career) in NYC. At this point, I think I am interested in OB/GYN (to eventually pursue REI or MFM).

I was considering some of the residency programs in NYC including Cornell, Columbia, NYU, Mount Sinai... I had hoped to get current residents take on the strengths/weaknesses of each of these programs.

In addition, I had wanted to organize my eventual electives at some of these schools and was wondering where residents and/or med students would recommend I go if say, I only have the chance to do 2 electives?Which electives in ob/gyn would you recommend to help with meeting important people in the residency application process?

For people who have applied to residency and/or matched at these schools, can you speak to anything you believe were particular strengths in your applications (USMLE Step 1/2 scores, research, letters from electives, etc.)?

Thank you!
 
I have a similar question - are there any decent/good programs in New Jersey area to rotate at for 4th year electives? I was looking at NJMS, having worked there for research before.
 
Last edited: