Bio Question 1 (arterial blood pressure vs. arterial rate of flow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dencology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Anyone can tell what is the ans? it is b/w A and E. but what is the difference?
.61. After a severe hemorrhage what would be observed?.

1. .increasing arterial blood pressure.
  2. .decreasing blood pressure.
  3. .decreased levels of antibodies.
  4. .decreased levels of dissolved ions.
  5. .increasing arterial rate of flow.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the answer may actually be B, because although high blood pressure leads to a hemorrhage, after the wall has been broken, I'd suspect the pressure would drop. Also, blood pressure is exactly that, the pressure of the blood in the vessels, but flow rate is how much blood passes through a vessel (go go just covering that in pysio!).

Usually, accompanied with a large loss of blood, there is an initial decrease in blood pressure, decrease in blood volume, decrease in blood flow (sensed by macula densa cells of the afferent arteriole of glomerulus), a decrease in pO2, an increase in pCO2 (decrease in pH), and an increase in blood osmolarity. The body will compensate these changes through various pathways. So, sure I guess the answer is a decrease in blood pressure, but I dislike the question since it doesn't specify how soon after the blood loss occurs.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
.Anyone can tell what is the ans? it is b/w A and E. but what is the difference?.

.61. After a severe hemorrhage what would be observed?.

1. .increasing arterial blood pressure.
  2. .decreasing blood pressure.
  3. .decreased levels of antibodies.
  4. .decreased levels of dissolved ions.
  5. .increasing arterial rate of flow.

So where did you come up with this question? Please let me know.. this question is word for word..on my last DAT test. If it's from destroyer 2008 am buying it. Haha.

this is from my kap notes. i was going over them and i still was not sure about the answer.

Decrease in blood pressure due to the decrease in blood volume. Its the only one that makes common sense, how can pressure increase? i would say B.

Decrease in blood pressure due to the decrease in blood volume. Its the only one that makes common sense, how can pressure increase? i would say B.

if we have less blood in the system, yes, you are right. but what about that heart is trying to pump harder because there is less blood and the pressure is decrease. so it is trying to deliver blood to all part of the needed systems. Therefore, the flow will increase. Now i don't know if it is the "arterial rate flow" or "arterial blood pressure"? this drives me crazy!!!

if we have less blood in the system, yes, you are right. but what about that heart is trying to pump harder because there is less blood and the pressure is decrease. so it is trying to deliver blood to all part of the needed systems. Therefore, the flow will increase. Now i don't know if it is the "arterial rate flow" or "arterial blood pressure"? this drives me crazy!!!

I don't think theyre referring to what the body is doing to counteract the blood loss, I think theyre asking for what immediately happens. Otherwise, both would be correct, an increase in arterial rate flow and arterial blood pressure.

^^ pretty sure this is the right answer. I'm taking anatomy now and I just finished learning about blood.