bio question fungi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalpredent2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
one of the ques in the 2007 dat asked about what organelle fungi do not have, and the answer was chloroplast, but lysosome was also a choice and I was wondering if fungi actually do have lysosomes?? I thought they were exclusively in animal cells? looked it up on google and seems like ppl are saying they contain vacuoles

Members don't see this ad.

yeah I think lysozomes are in fungi...recently they found that plants have them as well which contradicts what people thought before. Fungi are all heterotrophs so then you would know for sure that they lack chloroplasts and cannot do photosynthesis

yeah I think lysozomes are in fungi...recently they found that plants have them as well which contradicts what people thought before. Fungi are all heterotrophs so then you would know for sure that they lack chloroplasts and cannot do photosynthesis

lol damn.... for the test do you think it'd be okay to just say plants dont have lysosomes?

ummmmm...it shows up on the DAT destroyer that plants have lysozomes so I'd say worth knowing. It's one of those things that is kinda important cause it's a big contradiction to previous theories. I dunno know like how often they update exam questions and how much of new research they incorporate. Just remember this fact :p

Reactions: 1 user