Biochemistry as a Substitute for Ochem II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pnwhmt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share this here in case it's helpful to anyone:
https://www.reddit.com/r/premed/comments/5xcgmv/a_nonexhaustive_list_of_schools_that_will_accept/

I feel that there is an overwhelming consensus that the second semester of organic chemistry is required for admission to most medical school. After a bit of digging, I put together a non-exhaustive list of schools that either do not require two semesters of ochem or will accept biochemistry in place of the second semester.

I am in no way encouraged students to forgo taking the second semester of ochem, but as a non-trad who cannot take it before graduating it is nice to know that this will be fine for the majority of schools I will be applying to.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to purchase the MSAR. As many students, including myself, aren't actively applying, they likely aren't going to buy the MSAR just to look at prereqs.

Also, I called and emailed some schools directly and asked about substitution in some cases. That information isn't available in the MSAR.