-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Board Certification in Psychiatry
Started by Anasazi23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I suspect we'll get them earlier this year because last year they had such a dramatic change with the scoring system (passing is now based on total score vs pre-2014 when it was based on scores from each subsection).
I suppose everyone who bought Beat the Boards received the following email today:
Uh, no, Jack, I haven't received my scores by now. Are you not aware that the exam your business is based on preparing people for tells examinees the results will take twelve weeks?Thank you for choosing American Physician Institute (API) as your medical education provider. We hope you found the learning experience to be very informative and professionally rewarding. At API, we take great pride in listening closely to our customers in an effort to continuously improve and deliver high-yield educational offerings.
It’s been a while since you sat for your board exam, and you’ve probably received your scores by now. I’d like to ask you to please take a moment and let us know your experience. What were your exam results? Was our course helpful in your studies for the exam? Do you have any feedback regarding the course or your exam? Would you like to give us a testimonial for future marketing materials or for our social media sites?
Simply hit reply to answer the questions below.
Thank you again for being a valued API customer. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Did you take the Psychiatry Certification exam and what were your results?
- If you haven’t already, would you like to give any course and/or exam feedback? (Please do not share any exam questions)
- Would you like to give a testimonial? (Please note that any testimonial given may be used on our printed marketing materials, websites and social media sites)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just registered for next year. Anyone know how long it takes for the ABPN to send the e-mail saying I can pick my test date? The area I'm in only has 1 small testing center so trying to get it early, otherwise I'll have to drive far.
Just registered for next year. Anyone know how long it takes for the ABPN to send the e-mail saying I can pick my test date? The area I'm in only has 1 small testing center so trying to get it early, otherwise I'll have to drive far.
I believe I was sent an email re: test date/location in July.
I suppose everyone who bought Beat the Boards received the following email today:
Uh, no, Jack, I haven't received my scores by now. Are you not aware that the exam your business is based on preparing people for tells examinees the results will take twelve weeks?
Exactly. Jack is little off.
Just registered for next year. Anyone know how long it takes for the ABPN to send the e-mail saying I can pick my test date? The area I'm in only has 1 small testing center so trying to get it early, otherwise I'll have to drive far.
I received mine July the 6th
Oh man, long wait! OK, thanks guys.
I suspect anytime starting this Friday is fair game to get scores back...ugh the butterflies are starting...
Yeah as I remember from reading those old threads I don't think there was any evidence of correlation between passing/failing and those options... For what it's worth I have the 'need more info' after clicking initial application link. I have an option to apply for brain injury medicine under the 'apply for an examination'.
I have brain injury and pain med. But ABPN says that doesn't mean anything. They also say results on Dec.18th 🙁
I find it so weird that they have links for brain injury and pain med on our folios since they say above "The Examinations listed below reflect the available choices you currently have based on your Certification with the ABPN and the examination schedule..."
As I understand it, you have to be board certified (although not through ABPN) to take those tests. I don't get how they can offer applications for those tests to us unless someone has evidence of boards done for another specialty (I don't).
And yes, I'm overthinking this and should get back to work.
As I understand it, you have to be board certified (although not through ABPN) to take those tests. I don't get how they can offer applications for those tests to us unless someone has evidence of boards done for another specialty (I don't).
And yes, I'm overthinking this and should get back to work.
on my folios account it says 'pending release of grades' under 'application status'
You are over-thinking this. Get back to work.on my folios account it says 'pending release of grades' under 'application status'
;-)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I am getting a bead on who were the kids that used to set their alarm to wake up early on Christmas morning…
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You actually had to set an alarm?I think I am getting a bead on who were the kids that used to set their alarm to wake up early on Christmas morning…
I was the coal type
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been checking the website daily for a week now.
Same here checking every morning. Its me or somebody else has the same feeling that exam was very difficult for me . I have notice there was lot of emphasis on rare disorders which you never see in your practice. anyway Faulkner should go to jail for stealing money from us.I've been checking the website daily for a week now.
The wait is killing me; I've never had insomnia before. I felt the exam was difficult but hopefully we are all just experiecing recall bias.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am new to this forum but has anyone gotten a link to sign up for Initial certification for psychiatry. It should have been posted by now but I have not gotten it. I have links for pain med, brain injury and Hospice and palliative care. Anyone has any idea.
did u take the board in September? or are u looking for the link to sign up for the test for the first time? If its the former then I have those same the subspecialty links.
Yes I took it in Sep. But the link for initial certification for 2016 should have been posted by now.
SCORES ARE OUT!! PASSED!!!
Certified. Thank you to everyone on this forum for your support...I am in shock (in a good way)...
PASSED !!!!!!! Thank you to all who have shared their experiences. For me, I used BTB but only got half way through and also used Spiegel. Still in shock.
I went through Kenny and Spiegel multiple times which was more than enough for psychiatry coverage. I watched the beat the boards videos but only for neurology as psychiatry was well covered by K&S. I didn't use the BTB notes as they were too detailed - just watching the videos and taking my own notes on what he highlighted was plenty. I would not use any other sources - I know everyone talks about Kaufman - also overkill IMO. Again guys, I have never been more shocked to pass a test - thank you to everyone here for tolerating my neurosis. Do message me for help as I am happy to pay it forward.
Did anyone get a certified contingent on MOC requirement ?
Yes.
Thanks Americanidiot. And congrats !!
I just checked the verify cert. and there was 0 record of my certification. I hope this just means that it hasn't been posted there yet. Made me log in a couple times to make sure my eyes wasn't fooling me. Nope, it says certified .
Oops, I think it'll be 12 weeks till that appears. Ok feel better now
Mine for child has not changed either
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. I'm driving myself nuts waiting.Mine for child has not changed either
Passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 509
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 710
