Boston interview!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks Sella....

Members don't see this ad.

hi i am so happy to hear from mr. kahan that ha has schedule my interview on jan 22....

my stats are nbde 90, toefl 103, g.p.a 3.44

Hi everybody,

i got an interview call from boston .i recieved an email that my interview is on 22 Jan. 2009, and my application was complete by 07 Nov.,

my stats
nbde part 1 89(new format)
toefl 102
gpa 3.89(BDS) ;3.7(MDS in endodontics)

1 year teaching exp.

anyone else who got a call??

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats guys
for the interview
good luck

hi i am so happy to hear from mr. kahan that ha has schedule my interview on jan 22....

hey
how abt your experience
if you dont mind to share
i will appreciate you r response
thanks and good luck

Hey unrivalled,
My Boston interview is also on jan 22. which place r u from? I'm looking for someone 4 sharing the accomodation. good luck to u.:)

congratulations and goodluck for the interview....did u attend any other skools for the interview?? or is this the first one? u have good stats.

Hey unrivalled,
My Boston interview is also on jan 22. which place r u from? I'm looking for someone 4 sharing the accomodation. good luck to u.:)

congratulations and goodluck for the interview....did u attend any other skools for the interview?? or is this the first one? u have good stats.

Thanx. yup this s my first interview. I applied only to BU.

congrats to all those who got interview calls.i am waitin to hear from BU.my application was completed on 13th nov.when can i expect a call?my stats are-
NBDE part 1-90
tofel-106
GPA-3.8
6yrs of work experience in home country.

hi aim4thesky,
i am in new jersey...n u? still lot of time is there to think ab8 accomodation...but be in touch and how can i contact u....

congrats to all those who got interview calls.i am waitin to hear from BU.my application was completed on 13th nov.when can i expect a call?my stats are-
NBDE part 1-90
tofel-106
GPA-3.8
6yrs of work experience in home country.

hey when did you mail you r documents to them
good luck

hey when did you mail you r documents to them
good luck

my application was considered complete on 13 th nov,this wait is killin me.i ma so tense.hope i get a call soon.i was late for california schools and my only bet now id BU and NYU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

I have my interview on Dec 11th. Any female interested in sharing accomodation, pls pm me.

Thanks.

Hi

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
I'm relatively new to this forum and I wanted to share my stats with all of you and join the club.

88/104/3.6 BDS/4 MSc /10 years experience in home country/6 years teaching experience/2 months DA in the US

Schools Applied to: BU:love:, Upenn, UTHSCSA, UMN, NYU, UConn
Rejections: UPenn

Application complete at BU 10/7/2008 and still waiting for ANYTHING :sleep:
so did you try to contact them and ask whats going on about you
good luck

Hi Sella
I contacted them and spoke with Mr. Kahan and asked him whether they received my new TOEFL score which is 104 (my old score that I had previously submitted was 98) and he said that they have received it. This was a month ago and I haven't contacted them since. Do you think it would help if I asked them what's going on with my application?

Thanks

Hi Sella
I contacted them and spoke with Mr. Kahan and asked him whether they received my new TOEFL score which is 104 (my old score that I had previously submitted was 98) and he said that they have received it. This was a month ago and I haven't contacted them since. Do you think it would help if I asked them what's going on with my application?

Thanks
well barney
even i dont know what to do ..........
in my opinion if your application is complete it will not be a very good idea to ask them that whats going on there
may be some other sdner could help you .......
because i am still waiting for my application completion......

good luck

well barney
even i dont know what to do ..........
in my opinion if your application is complete it will not be a very good idea to ask them that whats going on there
may be some other sdner could help you .......
because i am still waiting for my application completion......

good luck

Yes probably it's better just to wait. good luck with your application:thumbup:

Hey unrivalled,

This is quoted from Mr. Kahan's email:

"Please note that we do not schedule second interviews for re-applicants who were interviewed during a prior admissions cycle. Re-applicants who have been interviewed will be notified of their change in status via postage mail"

~ Pearl
Hi,there
not 100% right I had interview last year and I was on the waitlist ,and this year I am invited to another interview Jan 29

call tobby kahan and ask him
send him email too to confirm it in written
good luck

Hi,there
not 100% right I had interview last year and I was on the waitlist ,and this year I am invited to another interview Jan 29

Hi,there

I believe it is a communication gap. Mr. Kahan or application reviewer might not be aware of the fact that you were interviewed last year. Email them before you actually plan to go.

Good luck :thumbup: and share your stats and experience if you feel comfortable.

I believe it is a communication gap. Mr. Kahan or application reviewer might not be aware of the fact that you were interviewed last year. Email them before you actually plan to go.

Good luck :thumbup: and share your stats and experience if you feel comfortable.
I did contact him and he said I have to go or I will loss my chance.I think bec.Dr Ashayeri resigned that why may be thank you for replying

I did contact him and he said I have to go or I will loss my chance.I think bec.Dr Ashayeri resigned that why may be thank you for replying

Happens !

However seems like an isolated case... But , whatever is happening.. happening for a good cause.

Good Luck for your interview and also share your interview experience

hey , its not an isolated case .....

this is wat happened with me too , i was waitlisted and then i reapplied this year and then i received an email that i have been invited for an intterview on the 23 rd of oct ..

knowing their policy , i called to confirm whether i have to come and i was told i do not have to re interview but then..... recently i again called and i w as told to interview and am finally interviewin again on jan 15th ..

it s really crazy .. they aren sure of what they say and write ..

from my experience i guess its better to re interview ...

Well ! then these are isolated cases :rolleyes:and thank you for sharing !

They might have lost interview assessment from the previous year interview...just assuming not accusing (that’s how threads go and people participate in the discussion process in a constructive manner) … or might be some other reason.

Otherwise, as per Impaction's survey two people are accepted so far from the previous year waitlist .. without an interview ?

Best wishes to both of you.

Good luck to everyone:thumbup:

hi i was wait listed lat year in bu and got acceptance with out inerview

this is wat happened with me too , i was waitlisted and then i reapplied this year and then i received an email that i have been invited for an intterview on the 23 rd of oct ..

knowing their policy , i called to confirm whether i have to come and i was told i do not have to re interview but then..... recently i again called and i w as told to interview and am finally interviewin again on jan 15th ..

it s really crazy .. they aren sure of what they say and write ..

from my experience i guess its better to re interview ...
I know it is hard to repay every thing again and it is also hard to wait but we don't have choice Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Shery !

May I direct your question to Sai as he/she is the one who is accepted from the waitlist?

If you think it can be a score issue would you mind sharing your stats along with experience, if you feel comfortable. I think Sai has already mentioned her stats in the one of the previous threads!

Good luck !:thumbup:

would you please share your status ,,,may be it is a score issue...

hi shrey..i already posted my status...may be they missed some of your documents(guess)b'coz to one of my friend (she was wait listed last year )they asked to submit her ECE once again!!!anyway goodluck for your interview...

hi guys, i got the interview offer, but i have no idea what to wear in the interview, just suit and tie or tux?? thax a lot!

Hi Shery !

May I direct your question to Sai as he/she is the one who is accepted from the waitlist?

If you think it can be a score issue would you mind sharing your stats along with experience, if you feel comfortable. I think Sai has already mentioned her stats in the one of the previous threads!

Good luck !:thumbup:
my scors are
part 1 89
part2 79
toefl 101
gpa 3.00
9 years experience in two diff countries
2 years dental ass here in US
THANK YOU

hi guys, i got the interview offer, but i have no idea what to wear in the interview, just suit and tie or tux?? thax a lot!
from my experience in about 6 interviews until now
boys are wearing suits and tie dark colors like gray or blue are preferred andclassic shoes sure
good luck

you are right shery
the color of the suit is black or deep blue for the boys and the girls
the shirt is classic white or light blue
dont wear snickers but real shoes
and be cool

boys are wearing suits and tie dark colors like gray or blue are preferred andclassic shoes sure
good luck

good luck

hi shery...........
when did u had ur interview at BU last year??

good luck :)

hi shery...........
when did u had ur interview at BU last year??

good luck :)
I had my interview in BU last year April 30 my application were complete by feb 15
good luck

my scors are
part 1 89
part2 79
toefl 101
gpa 3.00
9 years experience in two diff countries
2 years dental ass here in US
THANK YOU

much appreciated

Your stats are great and your experience is commendable and you would definitely get in one of the advance standing programs in the current admission cycle.

Good luck :thumbup:

:sleep::mad::cool:
much appreciated

Your stats are great and your experience is commendable and you would definitely get in one of the advance standing programs in the current admission cycle.

Good luck :thumbup:
I am worried boston is my last chance and Jan29 is late and ca schools prefer to train fresh graduats and I did not get any thing here this is my 2nd year to apply I think I will give up and go back to my country

best wishes

:sleep::mad::cool:
I am worried boston is my last chance and Jan29 is late and ca schools prefer to train fresh graduats and I did not get any thing here this is my 2nd year to apply I think I will give up and go back to my country

best wishes

Nop !

Don’t lose hope, don’t think in that way and don’t do that mistake atleast at this satge; when you are standing very close to the success, you are right on the track.

Just keep patience and your luck will soon knock your door.

You can return to your native country anytime even after two years to work as dentist if you don’t attain success, which is not going to happen.

For sure you will get in.

I would only like to add + + +

Best of luck

Nop !

Don’t lose hope, don’t think in that way and don’t do that mistake atleast at this satge; when you are standing very close to the success, you are right on the track.

Just keep patience and your luck will soon knock your door.

You can return to your native country anytime even after two years to work as dentist if you don’t attain success, which is not going to happen.

For sure you will get in.

I would only like to add + + +

Best of luck
in these very very hard days we need to hear that very supportive,encouraging words thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys , igot my interview call today for feb 5,some tension is over atlast.all the best to everyone waitin.:):thumbup:

hey guys , igot my interview call today for feb 5,some tension is over atlast.all the best to everyone waitin.:):thumbup:
all the best molar 2 good luck

HI any one recently got acceptance in Boston University.

finally got call for feb 5
yooooooooo

finally got call for feb 5
yooooooooo
Congrats sella:)..I have a problem n think u can guide me well...I talked to Mr. Kahan he said he hasn't received my ECE.. I sent them another official copy n now its in there office..Shd I talk to him again as its already late for me as I submit online appl. on 6th nov..:confused:
Thanks in advance