Boston University MAMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I have similar stats as well. When were you marked complete?

Members don't see this ad.

I was marked complete 4/23 so don't give up yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting. my cgpa 3.31, sgpa 2.7 I think and plenty of EC's. What were your stats @livermeatballs

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I have been waiting since January...it's getting frustrating as August nears. At this point, I'm really weighing out my options at the moment.

I was accepted to CWRU MSMP and Rutger's Medical Scholars. If anyone was accepted to any of these two programs (esp if you are still waitlisted for BU), I would love to speak to some of you so we can share insights about other programs!

I just called them and everything went to voicemail so I am unsure.

Here's to hoping this is the week we hear back! :p I wonder if any denial letters have been sent out?

Guys! I got an email stating that they are planning to make decisions by July 15th. I am assuming this applies to applicants who have applied a while back and were put on hold/ still under review. @hopefuldoctor2020 @eggsan @ssingh53 @esszee I know I'm forgetting some people, just wanted to get some of you guys notified of what I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Guys! I got an email stating that they are planning to make decisions by July 15th. I am assuming this applies to students who have applied a while back and were put on hold/ still under review. @hopefuldoctor2020 @eggsan @ssingh53 @esszee I know I'm forgetting some people, just wanted to get some of you guys notified of what I know.

I didn’t receive anything from them. Was it an automatic email or did you reach out for an application update? I’m already in a different SMP that started this week but I haven’t withdrawn my BU Mams app because I’m just curious if they planned to ever get back to me ‍♀️

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t receive anything from them. Was it an automatic email or did you reach out for an application update? I’m already in a different SMP that started this week but I haven’t withdrawn my BU Mams app because I’m just curious if they planned to ever get back to me ‍♀
I inquired about the status of my application and the response seemed genuine, not copy and pasted. Congrats on your other SMP! If you care to share, feel free to let us know when BU gets back to you. I will do the same.

Reactions: 3 users
I inquired about the status of my application and the response seemed genuine, not copy and pasted. Congrats on your other SMP! If you care to share, feel free to let us know when BU gets back to you. I will do the same.

Thank you and I certainly will! I’m hoping one way or another I can help future applicants so they’ll know if the program does silent Rs or if they get back to everyone eventually

Hopefully, we hear back this week, I am wishing all of the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else totally given up? This is so disheartening. Nobody answered the phone at the office when I called today either.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
i got into another program so i'm not really waiting on bu's response but its so disappointing that its taking them so long

Reactions: 3 users
Just submitted my application today, really hoping that they are accepting applicants! I wish you all the best of luck.

Accepted this morning. Marked complete May 22nd. Low GPA but high MCAT and 2-cycle med school applicant (still waitlisted at 2 medical schools this cycle). Good luck everyone.

has anyone else tried to contact them or heard back? I'm really anxious cuz im banking on getting in, and i just would like to know if others are in the same boat? Good luck everyone!

I just got accepted this morning !
My application was marked complete 5/28 after submitting my MCAT score (my LORs were submitted 5/1). During this whole waiting process I was very frustrated but at the same time desperate, and just wanted to share my experience with those who may have felt the same.
I’ve contacted BU admissions multiple times after submitting my application and at first they told me they’re going to have decisions made within June (this was in May). In mid-June I contacted them twice more and didn’t receive any reply to my emails, and was going to give up waiting since I got into another SMP. But for the last time I emailed them last Wednesday and got an email from Ying-Ju Lai (she/he is the grad program administrator) saying my application may still be under consideration and my email will be forwarded to the admissions committee. She/he also mentioned that BU made offers as late as mid-August last year. For those who are still waiting, I suggest keep contacting them until you get a reply. Since I got the admittance letter few days after I sent the email, I do think that it does help expediting the process. Good luck to all of you !

My application was marked complete 5/28 after submitting my MCAT score (my LORs were submitted 5/1). During this whole waiting process I was very frustrated but at the same time desperate, and just wanted to share my experience with those who may have felt the same.
I’ve contacted BU admissions multiple times after submitting my application and at first they told me they’re going to have decisions made within June (this was in May). In mid-June I contacted them twice more and didn’t receive any reply to my emails, and was going to give up waiting since I got into another SMP. But for the last time I emailed them last Wednesday and got an email from Ying-Ju Lai (she/he is the grad program administrator) saying my application may still be under consideration and my email will be forwarded to the admissions committee. She/he also mentioned that BU made offers as late as mid-August last year. For those who are still waiting, I suggest keep contacting them until you get a reply. Since I got the admittance letter few days after I sent the email, I do think that it does help expediting the process. Good luck to all of you !
Thank you so much for your update! Which email have you been using to contact them?

Thank you so much !!

Congrats to everyone that recently got accepted! I joined the program last month and can say with certainty that this group is 100% authentic and the support from students and faculty is insane already. Can't wait to meet you all if you decide to join! Also, not sure the capacity for the program this year but we currently have 169 students in our group chat.

Dang, 169 already...I hope I hear back soon, im getting anxious
It seems like it's basically max capacity, not sure how big the program is though

It seems like it's basically max capacity, not sure how big the program is though
It ranges from 160-180! So definitely nearing the cap but there could still be some changes. Multiple people have chosen to defer due to the pandemic so it’s possible more slots may open. Fingers crossed for you guys! As said above it’s a super supportive group of students and staff and we’re all looking forward to the year! Hope to see some of you in the fall!

Definitely hang in there. I can imagine a good number of those admitted to MAMS are possibly waitlisted at MD/DO programs and they have this as a backup. I'm waitlisted at 2 MD programs and they have been known to pull people from the waitlist up to the first day of classes.

Does anyone have insight on whether this program is full or not for fall? I'm considering tossing in an application since my circumstances have changed (was originally going to apply to med schools in May 2021 but life - and COVID - set me back a bit). At the same time, don't want to pay for an application to MAMS if the class is probably already full.
Sounds like it’s getting close to full but not entirely. Also many may defer due to Covid. Definitely worth shooting in an application but do it soon.

Received my rejection letter this afternoon.

Some info, I have been sending 1-2 emails at a time periodically since I got put on hold in January but NEVER got a response. As so, I decided this morning to send out 4 individual emails asking when I could expect a decision after reading the latest posts on this thread. Needless to say, I have been really disheartened since BU was my top choice for a long time and I was incredibly committed to the program after visiting and talking to other alumni. But more so, I am disappointed on how it took this long for me to get at a response (and a rejection at that). I hope BU can change this for future applicants.

But regardless, congratulations to the people who got into the program and was admitted pretty quickly too. This thread has been so incredibly supportive and helpful. Thanks everyone for continuously updating! Good luck in your endeavors!

For the people who have been waiting for a long time like me, I hope you are able to get a response soon too. If not, EMAIL them 3-4x to get a response.

For those that have sent in letters via Interfolio, what did you put in the "Recommendation" section?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to submit the application unless I write something down in that section. Thanks!

For those that have sent in letters via Interfolio, what did you put in the "Recommendation" section?
Unfortunately, I'm unable to submit the application unless I write something down in that section. Thanks!
I emailed them about it, here's what they said!

Dear chicandtoughness,

All you need to do is list any 3 names under Recommenders and add 3 email addresses (yours, [email protected] and [email protected])

Best wishes,
Gwynneth Offner, PhD
Assistant Dean of Admissions

They finally declined me after submitting my application back in April lol. Glad to know that they do eventually get back to everyone. Good luck to all who will be attending this fall!

Hello, I got rejected me as well but hope it goes well for you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still waiting for them to get back? I emailed them I still haven’t gotten a response back....

Still waiting... I'm just assuming it's a rejection at this point. I don't know if people are going to back out due to COVID or if they put everything online, but I'm making other commitments.

Still waiting... I'm just assuming it's a rejection at this point. I don't know if people are going to back out due to COVID or if they put everything online, but I'm making other commitments.
When did you apply ?

Can someone tell me When does the classes start for this program

If i do the MS program, do i get a guaranteed interview? If so, what is the GPA requirement for the interview?

Is there any data/information on average SMP GPAs for candidates who are interviewed or accepted to BUSOM?