You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
BU DMD AS 2018-2019 cycle
Started by enamal
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everyone, I got interview for Oct 4th first time applicant. Did anyone else get the same date?
Hi There , when did you send your application and how long ago did you get the invite ? just wondering the time lapse for first timers ? ThanksHi everyone, I got interview for Oct 4th first time applicant. Did anyone else get the same date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Application was sent September 5th, completion email was received September 10th and invite was sent September 13th.Hi There , when did you send your application and how long ago did you get the invite ? just wondering the time lapse for first timers ? Thanks
Wow that was a quick turnaround for Boston , would you mind sharing your stats ? cheers...well done though ...and goodluck for your interview tomorrow ...hope it goes well 🙂Application was sent September 5th, completion email was received September 10th and invite was sent September 13th.
Stats aren't all that...Wow that was a quick turnaround for Boston , would you mind sharing your stats ? cheers...well done though ...and goodluck for your interview tomorrow ...hope it goes well 🙂
Graduated 2016
GPA 3.45
NBDE Part 1 only
TOEFL 100
A lot of extracurricular during school with community outreach
2 year experience here as DA ll
both in general and specialty
community outreach here
I think the experience here in the state is what they care most about and I see that with a lot of programs.
Cheers mate ,,thats very helpful ..Stats aren't all that...
Graduated 2016
GPA 3.45
NBDE Part 1 only
TOEFL 100
A lot of extracurricular during school with community outreach
2 year experience here as DA ll
both in general and specialty
community outreach here
I think the experience here in the state is what they care most about and I see that with a lot of programs.
Stats aren't all that...
Graduated 2016
GPA 3.45
NBDE Part 1 only
TOEFL 100
A lot of extracurricular during school with community outreach
2 year experience here as DA ll
both in general and specialty
community outreach here
I think the experience here in the state is what they care most about and I see that with a lot of programs.
Hi! And Congrats!
May I ask you where are you from?
CubaHi! And Congrats!
May I ask you where are you from?
Hi all,
Has anyone else got an interview date?
Has anyone else got an interview date?
I heard they waive TOEFL sometimes which is rare if we did graduate from US school. They conduct an assessment and then review English - Again this is RARE - If the candidate is qualified as per their standards but TOEFL is at the edge like 97-100, they do this assessment. Good Luck to all who are in this situation!
They told me that if you graduated from high school or university in the states then you can submit a request to have toefl waived. İf the committe accepts, you wont have to take the toefl exam. My native language is english, but i did all my schooling abroad and i still had to take toefl.
As of my batch I believe we were the 4th and there are two more this month...All the way up to February, they take a break in December if im not mistaking. In total I think they are doing around 10 batches or so...Can someone please let me know how many applicants has BU interviewed as of yet for the ADvanced standing program? Thanks!
I studied here in the U.S from elementary to high school, that didn't make a difference in me having to take TOEFL. They see me as an international graduate, even though I am a citizen... I have heard of programs that do this but there are very few.I heard they waive TOEFL sometimes which is rare if we did graduate from US school. They conduct an assessment and then review English - Again this is RARE - If the candidate is qualified as per their standards but TOEFL is at the edge like 97-100, they do this assessment. Good Luck to all who are in this situation!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As of my batch I believe we were the 4th and there are two more this month...All the way up to February, they take a break in December if im not mistaking. In total I think they are doing around 10 batches or so...
Do you know if they invited all those batches already? Also, how did your interview go?
They invite in rolling basis, meaning they might invite someone in February who applied in November or so... I know someone who was in that situation. Of course the earlier you apply the higher chances are as same thing applies for their acceptance and is rolling basis too.Do you know if they invited all those batches already? Also, how did your interview go?
My Interview went well, It's a full day event starting with a breakfast and followed by a tour of the school done by an AS 2 student. Shortly after you wait for your one on one, which is very much a conversation about your past experiences and focusing and what you have to offer to their school and why Boston. But all in all I think is a very relaxed day compared to others and they try to make everyone feel comfortable.
They invite in rolling basis, meaning they might invite someone in February who applied in November or so... I know someone who was in that situation. Of course the earlier you apply the higher chances are as same thing applies for their acceptance and is rolling basis too.
My Interview went well, It's a full day event starting with a breakfast and followed by a tour of the school done by an AS 2 student. Shortly after you wait for your one on one, which is very much a conversation about your past experiences and focusing and what you have to offer to their school and why Boston. But all in all I think is a very relaxed day compared to others and they try to make everyone feel comfortable.
Thanks for the info, i’m glad your interview went well and i hope you get your acceptance soon.
I applied in September and still havent heard anything yet, do you think my chances are toast?
Hi Congratulations. Can I ask you when did you receive completion email from Boston?They invite in rolling basis, meaning they might invite someone in February who applied in November or so... I know someone who was in that situation. Of course the earlier you apply the higher chances are as same thing applies for their acceptance and is rolling basis too.
My Interview went well, It's a full day event starting with a breakfast and followed by a tour of the school done by an AS 2 student. Shortly after you wait for your one on one, which is very much a conversation about your past experiences and focusing and what you have to offer to their school and why Boston. But all in all I think is a very relaxed day compared to others and they try to make everyone feel comfortable.
September 10thHi Congratulations. Can I ask you when did you receive completion email from Boston?
When were you interviewed? Did they tell you when you will get the results?September 10th
Thanks a lot for that information. Do you know how many in each batch are they inviting for interview? and do you know how many more batches they are inviting for October? I hope you get the acceptance soon from BU. All the very best.As of my batch I believe we were the 4th and there are two more this month...All the way up to February, they take a break in December if im not mistaking. In total I think they are doing around 10 batches or so...
Can you share your stats? do you have a citizenship or a green card? thanks in advance for your responseThey invite in rolling basis, meaning they might invite someone in February who applied in November or so... I know someone who was in that situation. Of course the earlier you apply the higher chances are as same thing applies for their acceptance and is rolling basis too.
My Interview went well, It's a full day event starting with a breakfast and followed by a tour of the school done by an AS 2 student. Shortly after you wait for your one on one, which is very much a conversation about your past experiences and focusing and what you have to offer to their school and why Boston. But all in all I think is a very relaxed day compared to others and they try to make everyone feel comfortable.
we are waiting for your response@odontojorgeThey invite in rolling basis, meaning they might invite someone in February who applied in November or so... I know someone who was in that situation. Of course the earlier you apply the higher chances are as same thing applies for their acceptance and is rolling basis too.
My Interview went well, It's a full day event starting with a breakfast and followed by a tour of the school done by an AS 2 student. Shortly after you wait for your one on one, which is very much a conversation about your past experiences and focusing and what you have to offer to their school and why Boston. But all in all I think is a very relaxed day compared to others and they try to make everyone feel comfortable.
Hi everyone! I got interviewed on September 27th and we were the 3rd batch. They interview 10 people per batch. I got acceptance letter from them 10 days after. And I think the people from previous batches heard from BU within 2 weeks after their interviews. There is a whatsapp group of accepted students and it has 26 members so far. I hope that would be helpful and good luck to you all!!
congratulations!!!!!! thank you for the informationHi everyone! I got interviewed on September 27th and we were the 3rd batch. They interview 10 people per batch. I got acceptance letter from them 10 days after. And I think the people from previous batches heard from BU within 2 weeks after their interviews. There is a whatsapp group of accepted students and it has 26 members so far. I hope that would be helpful and good luck to you all!!
Singh Vijay
New Member
QUOTE="Docbg, post: 20423638, member: 943718"]Hi everyone! I got interviewed on September 27th and we were the 3rd batch. They interview 10 people per batch. I got an acceptance letter from them 10 days after. And I think the people from previous batches heard from BU within 2 weeks after their interviews. There is a WhatsApp group of accepted students and it has 26 members so far. I hope that would be helpful and good luck to you all!![/QUOTE]
Hi
Are you sure? I heard that there are interviews on Tuesdays and Thursday so I thought it would be around 8 batches. Do you have any opinion about it ?.
What is your Toefl score? Can You share your stats?
Hi
Are you sure? I heard that there are interviews on Tuesdays and Thursday so I thought it would be around 8 batches. Do you have any opinion about it ?.
What is your Toefl score? Can You share your stats?
Hi everyone! I got interviewed on September 27th and we were the 3rd batch. They interview 10 people per batch. I got acceptance letter from them 10 days after. And I think the people from previous batches heard from BU within 2 weeks after their interviews. There is a whatsapp group of accepted students and it has 26 members so far. I hope that would be helpful and good luck to you all!!
Congratulation!! How was the one on one interview process? Do you remember who interviewed you? Was it senior faculty? I am guessing around 4-5 out of the 10 they invite get accepted. Do you know if you will be accepted after the day or did everyone have a nice interview?
They invite in rolling basis, meaning they might invite someone in February who applied in November or so... I know someone who was in that situation. Of course the earlier you apply the higher chances are as same thing applies for their acceptance and is rolling basis too.
My Interview went well, It's a full day event starting with a breakfast and followed by a tour of the school done by an AS 2 student. Shortly after you wait for your one on one, which is very much a conversation about your past experiences and focusing and what you have to offer to their school and why Boston. But all in all I think is a very relaxed day compared to others and they try to make everyone feel comfortable.
Congratulation!! How was the one on one interview process? Do you remember who interviewed you? Was it senior faculty? Did you get a chance to talk to the other applicants? Have you received an acceptance letter yet? Do you think you can tell after the interview if you will be accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My stats: GPA: 3.47 NBDE part 1 only, U.S citizenship, TOEFL: 115, Work experience as dental assistant both in general and oral surgery and community service.Can you share your stats? do you have a citizenship or a green card? thanks in advance for your response
Hope that helps...
I received acceptance about 12 days after.
Cheers and good luck guys!!
Cheers and good luck guys!!
congratulations!!! and thanks for sharing your statsI received acceptance about 12 days after.
Cheers and good luck guys!!
QUOTE="Docbg, post: 20423638, member: 943718"]Hi everyone! I got interviewed on September 27th and we were the 3rd batch. They interview 10 people per batch. I got an acceptance letter from them 10 days after. And I think the people from previous batches heard from BU within 2 weeks after their interviews. There is a WhatsApp group of accepted students and it has 26 members so far. I hope that would be helpful and good luck to you all!!
Hi
Are you sure? I heard that there are interviews on Tuesdays and Thursday so I thought it would be around 8 batches. Do you have any opinion about it ?.
What is your Toefl score? Can You share your stats?[/QUOTE]
Hi, I’m sure we were the 3rd batch. After us they might’ve started interviewing more...not sure about that.
Congratulation!! How was the one on one interview process? Do you remember who interviewed you? Was it senior faculty? Did you get a chance to talk to the other applicants? Have you received an acceptance letter yet? Do you think you can tell after the interview if you will be accepted?
Thank you! The interview was like a normal conversation. I got interviewed by Dr. Janete Peters- she was nice and has been in the faculty for a long time. I was able to talk to all of the applicants from my batch at the interview day. I did receive my acceptance letter 10 days after the interview but right after the interview I was not quite sure that I was going to be accepted. I hope that helps and good luck!
I received acceptance about 12 days after.
Cheers and good luck guys!!
Hi Jorge, I have an interview at BU coming up and I was wondering if you can share a little about your interview experience and responses. Ex. type of questions and answers. TIA
congratulation on your acceptance!
How many days after your application until you received a confirmation letter? I applied at the end of August and received a letter where they said I need to send them more documents and told me to not email them for updates about my application status. After I sent all the needed documents, I never received any letters from BU about my application status. Did anyone have the same problem?
How many days after your application until you received a confirmation letter? I applied at the end of August and received a letter where they said I need to send them more documents and told me to not email them for updates about my application status. After I sent all the needed documents, I never received any letters from BU about my application status. Did anyone have the same problem?
I would advice you to call them and ask
Even though they asked not to call them or email them about my application?I would advice you to call them and ask
I would send an email, usually is fairly quick within a week...Even though they asked not to call them or email them about my application?
Yes, I would call and make sure they have everything because last year I had similar problem and my documents were not out for review until November even though I submitted everything in August. And I followed their requiest not to call. Once I finally called I found out that my application was not completed.Even though they asked not to call them or email them about my application?
They should start sending invites out by January for the remaining batches.Any more interviews coming soon? Anyone know the dates ?
Any idea how many batches are completed and how many more will be sent ?They should start sending invites out by January for the remaining batches.
Thanks a lot !!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Could you please tell what was your completion date and when did you receive the invitation?Hello everyone
I have got an interview at BU next thursday!
Pls let me know as to how the interview will be like i.e., what kind of questions do they ask, what are they majorly looking at and stuff.
Any help would be good
Thanks!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 8K