BU DMD AS 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone
I have got an interview at BU next thursday!
Pls let me know as to how the interview will be like i.e., what kind of questions do they ask, what are they majorly looking at and stuff.
Any help would be good
Thanks!

When did you get interview ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I got interviewed on September 27th and we were the 3rd batch. They interview 10 people per batch. I got acceptance letter from them 10 days after. And I think the people from previous batches heard from BU within 2 weeks after their interviews. There is a whatsapp group of accepted students and it has 26 members so far. I hope that would be helpful and good luck to you all!!

Can you please tell how many members are joined the WhatsApp group? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congratulations! Could you please tell what was your completion date and when did you receive the invitation?

I completed my application in April 2018
I recently updated my application too

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my application in April 2018
I recently updated my application too
My Interview went well, It's a full day event starting with a breakfast and followed by a tour of the school done by an AS 2 student. Shortly after you wait for your one on one, which is very much a conversation about your past experiences and focusing and what you have to offer to their school and why Boston. But all in all I think is a very relaxed day compared to others and they try to make everyone feel comfortable

Hi Congrats on your acceptance :). Could you please let us know how many candidates does BU select from every batch ? any rough idea on how many got the acceptance out of your batch of 10 interviewees?? Thanks a lot .

Hello everyone
I have got an interview at BU next thursday!
Pls let me know as to how the interview will be like i.e., what kind of questions do they ask, what are they majorly looking at and stuff.
Any help would be good
Thanks!
Hi < How was the interview ?? Could you please share your experience and if they gave any timeframe on when would they send out acceptances ?? Thanks

Hello everyone!

I am starting this thread for the applicants to BU 2018-2019 (the new cycle).
Lets start this journey! Lets start by discussing stats:
What do you guys feel about my stats:
NBD 1 and 2
GPA 3.9
MPH
Research experience (non dental)
CE courses
1 year of work experience
1.5 years of US volunteer dental assisting experience
Few months of dental assisting/volunteer exp in Canada
Community Service in Home country - 3

Hello,
Can you advise me on short continuing education courses that I can take in the US so I can improve my resume? i have 2 years of dental assisting and 2 years of dental instructor and dentist in India for 10 years. I am based in Maryland,Please advise,Thank you,

Any news on bu if they filled all the seats or the numbers of applicants so far?
Did anyone get wait listed?

hello! i applied in december. are there any chances that i could get an interview

thanks for info. did you get an interview call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone how many interviews are left for BU? Does anyone have an interview date after Feb 14?

does it mean that the number of people that join the whatsapp group have been selected?

Hi everyone! I’m applying from Canada. I couldn’t leave Canada for two year cause of immigration issues. So all my experience is Canadian. Does anyone know if they consider foreign trained dentists who are permanent residents of Canada? This is my first cycle.
My stats are
GPA- 4.0
Nbde part 1 and 2
TOEFL- 111
2 year research assistant experience from university of Toronto
1 year of shadowing and dental assisting experience with multiple dentists in Canada
6 months of community service in Canada
3 years of community service in my country
Is there anyone from Canada applying in this cycle? Any suggestions to improve my chances would help! Thankyou
Best of luck guys!

Hey,m from Canada too and would be applying for the next cycle .can u advise how did you get into UFT as research assistant.I would also like to get some experience as research assistant

Any news from BU? Did number of students on whatsapp group change? Anything???

Please anyone knows any update from BU? Are they done for IV

Does anyone have an idea about the ideal profile for getting an interview invitation at BU?

Hi
I also haven’t heard back yet
So I have no idea what is happening

are they done with iv? has anyone been able to contact them?

NOOOO
Unfortunately never heard from them yet. I really do not know what’s that mean?

Hi everyone
Until now I didn’t hear from BU. Should I call or what? Please advise!!!

How many people get to be on the waitlist?
Anyone knows? Thanks

Hi everyone
Until now I didn’t hear from BU. Should I call or what? Please advise!!!
If no interview call, that means they will send rejection letter in June or July.

If no interview call, that means they will send rejection letter in June or July.

Did you interview at BU ? I heard some people got waitlisted . Does that mean they have finalised the class already ? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Did you interview at BU ? I heard some people got waitlisted . Does that mean they have finalised the class already ? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
I did not interview. They are done with the interviews. If you have interviewed then you may have chance in waitlist.

I did not interview. They are done with the interviews. If you have interviewed then you may have chance in waitlist.
I did not ; My friend interviewed in October and she got waitlisted last week ,so was just curious if they have finalised the class already....??

Hello everyone,
I received an email from BU today, did not make it through.....no luck

Anyone received final decision too from BU?
Congratulations to those who got accepted..

Anyone received final decision too from BU?
Congratulations to those who got accepted..

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply ? and when was your interview ? I'm sorry you didn't get the response you wanted but keep trying, sometimes we just have to wait a little longer . You will get in soon.