BU March Decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just called admissions today. They're hoping to send out their decisions by the end of the week. Hang in there everyone!

vague.........AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

REALLY vague, what does "sent out" mean? Mailed friday so expect to not actually know anything till next week??

Members don't see this ad :)
Well that's one day of stressing come and gone. Only four more business days left . . .

well if they mail on Friday, I'll be first to receive anything as I live in Boston. so i'll be on the lookout if anything shows up in my box (perhaps as early as Saturday). but don't they make phone calls to accepted students anyways?

well if they mail on Friday, I'll be first to receive anything as I live in Boston. so i'll be on the lookout if anything shows up in my box (perhaps as early as Saturday). but don't they make phone calls to accepted students anyways?

It seems that the calling part is optional on the part of the interviewer; i.e they let the interviewer know whether or not you were accepted, and then the interviewer may or may not call you. Either way, there is a letter in the mail.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us! (btw, has anyone called or talked to them lately?)

It seems that the calling part is optional on the part of the interviewer; i.e they let the interviewer know whether or not you were accepted, and then the interviewer may or may not call you. Either way, there is a letter in the mail.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us! (btw, has anyone called or talked to them lately?)

But since all of the "bad" news was done by email last time, you'd probably know that you're in a good position if you don't receive those emails.

Like I said before, I dont think it'll be friday, but probably wed/thurs. Last year it was around the 28th, which is the only reason why I think that we would know before friday.

Like I said before, I dont think it'll be friday, but probably wed/thurs. Last year it was around the 28th, which is the only reason why I think that we would know before friday.

yeah, i'm siding with Curious on this one. there's a chance acceptance packets might already be making their way to the lucky ones. Wednesday=luck day!!!:luck: :)

i never post, but had to jump in. i can't wait for this week to be over. sometimes i cannot bear the anxiety. just reject me already i can't take this anymore i'm losing my freaking mind!!!

my sentiments exactly

I emailed them and they said they'd send out snail mail letters and emails. But I also heard that they would call on some occasions if applicants have been accepted. Is it true? :horns:

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them and they said they'd send out snail mail letters and emails. But I also heard that they would call on some occasions if applicants have been accepted. Is it true? :horns:

When did they say they'd send them...?

All I can say is that I hope today is the day. I can't take this much longer! Hang in there everybody!

I. can't. take. this.

Does anyone know the average USMLE I scores for BU students? I can't seem to find this on their website.

I wonder if decisions will be released today...:scared:

I. can't. take. this.

I'm totally there with you guys. This is freaking me out. But in the words of the immortal Dory (and haemulon) "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming . . . "

Someone told me once that physiologically, there is no difference between apprehension and excitement, and the difference is all in your head. Maybe that's true, but I'm still scurred. Good luck everyone. We'll be done soon.

I know what will cheer you people up. who's with me? here we go

usA

uSA

USA

USA

USA

i was accepted in january!! (sorry to tease everyone)

so between tufts and BU, which would you choose if you could go to either one? are most people here pro-BU?

i was accepted in january!! (sorry to tease everyone)

so between tufts and BU, which would you choose if you could go to either one? are most people here pro-BU?

congrats Pagz! hopefully, most of us here would be able to say that by the end of this week!

regarding bu vs tufts. honestly, i think a lot of people choose tufts over bu. i dont know enough about tufts to give my $.02 but that seems to be the general consus on this board. anyone?

you guys think its more likely for notifications to go out at an end of a day or in the morning? And has anyone checked the status page, I kind of have to find the link in my email.

Only about every 5 minutes of everyday this week. My guess was morning... since that would be the best/worst day to start my day over here in CA.

I really thought it would be today. :scared: SOOO SCARED!!

Only about every 5 minutes of everyday this week. My guess was morning... since that would be the best/worst day to start my day over here in CA.

I really thought it would be today. :scared: SOOO SCARED!!

It still could be, based on Jan release, it was late in the day, in fact some people got emails after 5pm.

No change to my status page, at least....they're still deferring a "final disposition" until March.

The link is https://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/myapplication/

In January, I don't think my status page changed til almost a week after I had received my packet. It said something like "an Acceptance has been mailed to your address" in the yellow letters.

Heh, and let's also hope they meant "final decision" instead of "final disposition"...

From Merriam-Webster:

1 : the act or the power of disposing or the state of being disposed : as a : ADMINISTRATION, CONTROL b : final arrangement : SETTLEMENT <the disposition of the case> c (1) : transfer to the care or possession of another (2) : the power of such transferal d : orderly arrangement

2 a : prevailing tendency, mood, or inclination b : temperamental makeup c : the tendency of something to act in a certain manner under given circumstances

:laugh:

hey foofish, just noticed your user title. that's pretty clever :laugh:

Augh! I have been trying to be so good. I haven't posted in days, I havent checked my mail in a week. Apparently it's doing me no good. I'm still stressing.... could this week go by any slower?

Anyone know if they'll send all the e-mails out at the same time or not?

I'm imagining the admissions committee poised around gigantic red "SEND" button. They're probably fighting over who gets to push it.

By the way, for those who are stressing like me...
watch this video
it always makes me laugh :)

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/135

this made me feel a little bit better. i love ghetto fabulous pictures.
princess-diandra.jpg

but the interviewers may do neither, its at their discretion.

jesus christ, jeepney.

I reall ythought we would hear today...:(. Well there arent many days left in the week.

Dear BUSOM,

I know we all love you and all can you please spare us this pain??? I've been checking your status page about 50 times a day this week to no avail :(. My blood pressure's up 80 mmHg, and I've aged 30 years the past 2 weeks!!! You are doing us some serious damage here :thumbdown:. PLEASE PLEASE send us your decisions nOWWWWW before the waiting does us over!!!!!!!!

Your crazy but beloved applicants. :scared:

Yea I have definitely aged 30 years... I have like 5 times the amount of white hairs I normally have :laugh:

just wanted to say good luck everyone. i know we are all stressing this (especially myself) but recently my friend said something that made me chill out a bit. don't let this process overwhelm you. keep faith and just have fun. this is most ppl's senior year. this is OUR year. so lets have fun. hope everyone gets into med school. and remember the main point is to be the best doc possible. there are many paths to get there.

2 days and counting.. good luck to everyone!! :luck:

Hey - I just got my phone call from my interviewer (at 6:45pm) - I have been accepted for next year!

My person said that acceptances packages went into the mail today!

Good luck everybody!

now im scared :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:, any emails/ status updates? Or was that post a fake, due to it being that persons first post....

I think im just getting super paranoid.

Hey - I just got my phone call from my interviewer (at 6:45pm) - I have been accepted for next year!

Good luck everybody!

:eek: Here we go people!

AUGH..... the suspense is killing me! I need a drink!

Good luck everybody!

Congrats on the acceptance! Did you have a March interview or were you on AC? Not that it matters mail notifications went out in the mail today, but.... just curious!

so we may get calls tomorrow, and emails too I guess.