You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
C/O 2017 LECOM Bradenton, FL
Started by MrCoolDPh
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does open/closed mean?
What does open/closed mean?
They are two different interview formats.
In an open file interview they have your application infront of them which allows them to ask questions regarding the information you provided (GPA, ECs, Work experience, PCAT, etc.)
A closed file interview (I assume) operates under the assumption that your application was good enough to warrent an interview so they rather sit down and have a conversation and really get to know you as an applicant. You can expect the questions to much broader to see how you are as a person. Really just to make sure you are not crazy

Like I said -- based on the interview surveys about LECOM on this site it looks like they do both formats depending on who is interviewing you.
They are two different interview formats.
In an open file interview they have your application infront of them which allows them to ask questions regarding the information you provided (GPA, ECs, Work experience, PCAT, etc.)
A closed file interview (I assume) operates under the assumption that your application was good enough to warrent an interview so they rather sit down and have a conversation and really get to know you as an applicant. You can expect the questions to much broader to see how you are as a person. Really just to make sure you are not crazy
Like I said -- based on the interview surveys about LECOM on this site it looks like they do both formats depending on who is interviewing you.
Thank you! 🙂
Hey guys, I just got an interview for November 1st.!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀😀😀😀
Hey guys, I just got an interview for November 1st.!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀😀😀😀
that's awesome i'll see you there!!!
I have my interview this Thursday - I'll be happy to answer any questions after
thanks! i'm just nervous what kind of questions they are going to ask. i've been reading the interview questions from past years and practicing mock interviews but still a little nervous.
yeah...i tried talking to myself in a car but i sound like an idiot. my supervisor at the pharmacy i work at told me to not worry because when i talk about pharmacy apparently 'i glow and get happy' so i'm hoping that's the case and they'll see how much i love the field.
I believe the first date is this Thursday. It is 5 hours long. Judging from previous years it can be either open or closed file.
Did they not have another interview on Sept 21st or something already?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there was a guy on here who said something about that date but I wrote it off as a post In the wrong thread as he never replied and that was the only time we heard from him
when i talked to diane/diana the other day because i almost got into the october 18th interview (apparently someone cancelled and because i live in florida they were going bump me up but i was asleep since i work overnight and missed the call and spot) she said oct 18 is the first date and nov 1 was the second interview date. so def. nothing in september.
when i talked to diane/diana the other day because i almost got into the october 18th interview (apparently someone cancelled and because i live in florida they were going bump me up but i was asleep since i work overnight and missed the call and spot) she said oct 18 is the first date and nov 1 was the second interview date. so def. nothing in september.
I ended up taking that interview spot. So now my interview is tomorrow and I am so nervous
I will update you guys on everything after my interview and if anyone has any questions let me know!! 🙂just got an invitation for interview for Nov 15...anyone had an idea the type of questions asked???
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/lecom-sop-fl/survey/26
That should give you a general idea of how the process worked in previous years.
I ended up taking that interview spot. So now my interview is tomorrow and I am so nervousI will update you guys on everything after my interview and if anyone has any questions let me know!! 🙂
def pm me and let me know how it goes plus the essay because i didn't take my pcat lol
I have my my bachelors degree in bio and i took the pcat on sept 19 but my scores are not yet available on pharmcas and lecom hasn't received them yet...Will lecom still require me to do the essay part of the inteview bcus they dont have my scores or they will use the score whn it becomes available??? pls help
When is your interview? I took my PCAT in September as well, so I just sent LECOM an email to notify them that I took the PCAT and PharmCAS will send them the scores as soon as they are ready. If your interview is around mid-November or December then I think LECOM should receive it by then. Maybe you should email Lauren and ask.
Man, I am very frustrated by lecom procedure. They have me hanging for 2 weeks, my status kept on saying the committee have not had their decision and as soon as the decision have been made they will notify me. So i do not know what to do next, does anyone else have the same problrem.😱
I thought the they where nice but the interview was just stressful in general. I hope they take into consideration nerves!!!
sunshine, would you mind telling a brief overview and if it was a group or individual intvw
thanks
thanks
Are you pre-pharmacy or pre-medical?sunshine, would you mind telling a brief overview and if it was a group or individual intvw
thanks
Individual, 30min, closed file.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im pre pharm, i need to update my profile lol!!! I have a intvw at both lecoms so i really appreciate your response swarles. I am sure you will get in and best of luck
Does anyone know who to contact at the school for admissions? If so would you mind posting their email! Thanks!
Lauren Bewley
Admissions Counselor
941.782.5920 | Fax 941.782.5721
[email protected]
She is a real sweetheart. Super-friendly.
Last edited:
Lauren Bewley
Admissions Counselor
941.782.5920 | Fax 941.782.5721
She is a real sweetheart. Super-friendly.
can u add her email, I wrote it down somewhere at the interview but i cant find it
can u add her email, I wrote it down somewhere at the interview but i cant find it
Added the info to the above post
Added the info to the above post
How was the interview?? I'm so nervous about mine. Just want to have an idea how it went
Did anyone feel like they were going to get in after the interview? I walked out like "I dont know"
There was no hard questions it was just my nerves got the best of me 😉
What all did they ask you?
Standard stuff. Pretty much what the interview section on SDN covered.
Did they say when they would let you know whether you are admitted or not?I have my interview this Thursday - I'll be happy to answer any questions after
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they say when they would let you know whether you are admitted or not?
They said we should be able to call and find out our admissions decisions tomorrow Afternoon
They said we should be able to call and find out our admissions decisions tomorrow Afternoon
Hey I was at the interview last Thursday too.. is LECOM your first choice?
Hey I was at the interview last Thursday too.. is LECOM your first choice?
I plan on paying my deposit
my portal says
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days..................am i in, someone pls tell me
Call Lauren and find out. She should be able to tell you.