C/O 2017 LECOM Bradenton, FL

Started by MrCoolDPh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my portal says
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days..................am i in, someone pls tell me

I'm scared to call in case it's a waitlist or rejection! lol. I hope you all hear good news today!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Portal does not change -- it simply says a descion has been made and you will receive a letter in 10 days.

Admission status message that Changed, from last year's thread if they say decision has not yet been made yet it means wait listed
 
Congrats! Can I ask how the interview was? I've read it's closed file, individual. Any insight on what questions were asked, and if there were any ethical or situational questions?

yes it's a closed file one on one. they will make you feel relaxed. go to the interview section on sdn, under pharmacy lecom,....the questions there is pretty much the same. for me there was no situational questions. you will be fine.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all the new acceptances. You have a tough road ahead of you, but there are worse places you could be. If you're in, I definitely recommend relaxing, taking a vacation, or doing fun things because you will not have much free time once your first year starts.I'll be graduated (hopefully) before you start here, but I hope you all have a great experience!
 
Congrats to all the new acceptances. You have a tough road ahead of you, but there are worse places you could be. If you're in, I definitely recommend relaxing, taking a vacation, or doing fun things because you will not have much free time once your first year starts.I'll be graduated (hopefully) before you start here, but I hope you all have a great experience!
please can you recommend any moderately priced one bedroom apartment near Lecom. I can't have room mates because of personal reasons...
 
please can you recommend any moderately priced one bedroom apartment near Lecom. I can't have room mates because of personal reasons...

Sadly, I cannot recommend anything in Bradenton, I bought a house in St. Pete and commuted. Good luck, though, I believe they are increasing the rates with the new dental school opening up 🙁
 
Got my official acceptance letter a couple days ago and sent out my deposit! 😀

Is this anyone else's top choice/sending out their deposit?!
 
Hey how was school Flavy Flav? was it doable? How would an avg person do at bradenton?

School was doable...Very stressful, get used to a test a week (sometimes 2 or more), and constant studying/projects to keep you busy. Now, I'm probably a below-average student entering with a 2.7cumulative GPA, however I performed decently even with outside factors taking up my time outside of school and working ~15 hours a week during the school year.Saying that, I would not go through it again, I'm glad I'm done and on rotations. Of course, your mileage will vary, but don't stress, if you were good enough to be accepted you're good enough to pass. Getting the A is what will make you pull your hair out 🙂
 
i'll see whoever at the interview tomorrow! i'm nervous/excited! i also got an infection on my wisdom tooth so that'll be fun as well. great luck right?
 
Thanks FlavyFlav...I deff am nervous and excited too just wish I was done already and or had a feel for the course work....I hear this pharmaceutics class is brutal and that the professor makes it very challenging.
 
had my interview yesterday just got off the phone with Lauren


ACCEPTED!!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!😍😍😍😍😀😀
LECOM here I come!!!!
 
had my interview yesterday just got off the phone with Lauren


ACCEPTED!!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!😍😍😍😍😀😀
LECOM here I come!!!!

congratulation, that was so fast. we had to wait for six solid days. Am still searching for apartment in Bradenton, Sarasota if anyone can recommend on for me.🙂
 
had my interview yesterday just got off the phone with Lauren


ACCEPTED!!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!😍😍😍😍😀😀
LECOM here I come!!!!


YAY!!! I am SO happy for you!😀😀 Who says putting all your eggs in one basket is a bad thing.. right?! lol 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any advice regarding the interview and the essay question asked will help...i have my inteview on Nov 15..
 
What airline arrives at the Sarasota Airport? I'm looking at Expedia and it seems like all flights are arriving at Tampa Airport. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!! I had few questions for you guys. I just applied this week and sending out my supp application next week. I have a BS does that mean they will waive my pcat score? Is it too late to apply? Also, how long did you guys have to wait once your supp application was reviewed to hear about interviews?? Would you guys mind sharing your stats? Any insights will be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance 🙂
 
Hello!! I had few questions for you guys. I just applied this week and sending out my supp application next week. I have a BS does that mean they will waive my pcat score? Is it too late to apply? Also, how long did you guys have to wait once your supp application was reviewed to hear about interviews?? Would you guys mind sharing your stats? Any insights will be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance 🙂

If you have your BS you do not need to submit your PCAT score/it can be waived. It's not late to apply deadline is March 1st, 2013.

I waited a little less than a month to hear back from them (I had some issues with a LOR not showing up though..)

I will have my bachelors, 3.2 science GPA, 3 years as a pharmacy technician, lots of volunteering/extracurricular. Good lucky!
 
Hello!! I had few questions for you guys. I just applied this week and sending out my supp application next week. I have a BS does that mean they will waive my pcat score? Is it too late to apply? Also, how long did you guys have to wait once your supp application was reviewed to hear about interviews?? Would you guys mind sharing your stats? Any insights will be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance 🙂

I have a bachelors in Political Science from 2003 (I'm 27). I actually went to law school for a year, it didn't work out and I discovered pharmacy while in law school - working there for just gas money and I caught the bug.You do not have to take the PCAT for Lecom if you have a bachelors and it's the only school I applied to. So I was a nervous wreck. For me, I sent out my application for pharmcas like end of August, got supplemental Sept like 16th heard 2 days later for an interview. Had my interview November 1, accepted November 2. It's definitely not too late to apply, as far as last year they took people even up to the day of classes (they were waitlisted but my adviser said that they took more than half of their waitlist last year). My stats are 3.0 Science gpa, 3.2 overall gpa, finished bachelors in 2003 and I've been a pharm tech for 5 years - 2 of which I was lead technician ( I moved to Florida in my 3rd year lol).