California DPT 2022-23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else here get waitlisted for UCSF? 🥲
I did! :( it is my top choice, so I am really hoping to get in! I was waitlisted at CSULB also.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It sucks because it was my top school, but now CSULB is my top school. Also just fyi I emailed Jeff and he said that not until February 1st is when they will expect to send out any getting off the waitlist emails. Just in case it helps anyone decide when to put down deposits for other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Chapman? I had thought we would get our decisions by end of December for the summer cohort.
I haven’t heard anything yet nor did most people I know. I do know that end of December and early January some people got early admission. But I think the first round should be the first week of February around there. So maybe next week or the following for sure.

It sucks because it was my top school, but now CSULB is my top school. Also just fyi I emailed Jeff and he said that not until February 1st is when they will expect to send out any getting off the waitlist emails. Just in case it helps anyone decide when to put down deposits for other schools.
I heard half of last years class consisted of people on the waitlist so hoping we hear good news!

Is anyone here going or knows someone who has gone to Fresno State's interview? What should I expect? Have any tips?

Is anyone here going or knows someone who has gone to Fresno State's interview? What should I expect? Have any tips?
I did last year, it was a group interview where you and 3 others will be with 2 faculty members. They will go around asking each of you questions, sometimes the same question, sometimes a different one. It was pretty general and there wasn't any question that really caught me off guard.

With all interviews, a good way to prepare is to meditate on who you are as a person. Understand your values and your goals. Why are you going into PT, who do you want to help, etc.

Stay relaxed and you'll be able to think on your feet! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone ever get a confirmation email about accepting their waitlist spot for CSULB? Wondering if I should resend it...

Congrats! I got accepted too but am still waiting to hear back from other schools before I choose. Are you for sure committing to USC?
I committed to USC residential. Do you guys wanna connect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Would you mind telling me when did you submit your application and when did you receive the offer?

thanks
I got accepted to residential today. I submitted in October and I think they’re sending their 2nd wave of emails in these few days

re UCSF waitlist: I think the first wave of students offered a seat in the program had to submit their decisions by Jan 30th or 31st, so if anyone from that group declined, then the waitlist should be starting to pick up this week. Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything yet? Or has anyone who was offered a seat declined?

Last edited:
I was waitlisted and got an offer from UCSF yesterday

i was on the waitlist and i was offered a seat. will be declining. i think they're just starting because i was in the top 10 of the waitlist

i was on the waitlist and i was offered a seat. will be declining. i think they're just starting because i was in the top 10 of the waitlist
Well hey, congrats regardless on being in top ten! How much time do they give you to accept the seat?

Do you know where you are planning on attending?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from CSUN? Does anyone know if they roll out decisions in waves?

CSULB started sending more acceptances yesterday! My roommate just got off the waitlist

Got my acceptance call from UOP yesterday! If anyone else is accepted and planning to go there, let’s connect!!

Got acceptance from Sac State this morning as well! Has anyone got accepted and planning on committing to this program??

Congrats!! Are you planning on accepting Sac State offer?
Thank you!! To you as well! As of right now I'm still waiting to see if I get a better offer elsewhere but I would love to attend Sac State regardless. How about you?

Thank you!! To you as well! As of right now I'm still waiting to see if I get a better offer elsewhere but I would love to attend Sac State regardless. How about you?
I'm thinking the same as you, still waiting to see SMU and UOP. But as of now, I am leaning toward attending Sac State!

Got acceptance from Sac State this morning as well! Has anyone got accepted and planning on committing to this program??

I was also accepted to Sac State this morning! I plan on committing after interviewing with and touring one more school, CSU Fresno. Unless Fresno’s students and faculty really impress me, it’ll likely be Sac this fall. So grateful to be accepted, no more worrying that I won’t be going to PT school!

Same! Will you be accepting or waiting for more offers?
Congratulations!

I'm still waiting on one more school... the decision is difficult because of my partner's job- Sacramento is not the best location for us but it's excellent financially! Going to have to do a lot of thinking but very grateful for the acceptance

Got my acceptance call from UOP yesterday! If anyone else is accepted and planning to go there, let’s connect!!
Congratulations!!! I also got my acceptance call on Wednesday!! And I still have one more interview at Fresno State but am planning to commit to UoP :) have you received the email with further information about the next steps?

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! I also got my acceptance call on Wednesday!! And I still have one more interview at Fresno State but am planning to commit to UoP :) have you received the email with further information about the next steps?
Not yet, they said within the next few days so I’m assuming we will get that email by early next week to put the deposit down!

Good luck at your interview with Fresno State!

Not yet, they said within the next few days so I’m assuming we will get that email by early next week to put the deposit down!

Sounds like a few of us will be interviewing at Fresno this weekend! I’ve really been enjoying meeting other students and applicants at these in person interviews! Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those with acceptances so far!

Sounds great, and thank you for the good luck!!

Sounds like a few of us will be interviewing at Fresno this weekend! I’ve really been enjoying meeting other students and applicants at these in person interviews! Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those with acceptances so far!
I agree, it's been such a pleasure to meet so many other students and applicants in the process!
Congratulations to everyone's acceptances and best of luck to those who will also be attending the interview day at Fresno tomorrow!!

For those considering Fresno and Sac State, has anyone heard or knows if Sac has as much financial aid opportunities in the form of grants or scholarships for in-state applicants as Fresno does? I have read that Fresno is fairly generous and it is an important factor in my decision

Just got into Chapman! Anyone plan on attending?

For those considering Fresno and Sac State, has anyone heard or knows if Sac has as much financial aid opportunities in the form of grants or scholarships for in-state applicants as Fresno does? I have read that Fresno is fairly generous and it is an important factor in my decision
I looked into this after reading your question and it definitely looks like they both have a few DPT specific scholarships listed on their websites. (Sac state https://www.csus.edu/college/health...ternal/_documents/department-scholarships.pdf)
(Fresno State College of Health and Human Services)
(National DPT scholarships Scholarships)
Someone else who attended the Q&A at Fresno yesterday may remember better, but it seemed to me that their answer to this question was a little unclear. If anyone has a better understanding of Fresno's DPT scholarships/grants please correct me, I was very tired by this point of the day and may have missed something.

I looked into this after reading your question and it definitely looks like they both have a few DPT specific scholarships listed on their websites. (Sac state https://www.csus.edu/college/health...ternal/_documents/department-scholarships.pdf)
(Fresno State College of Health and Human Services)
(National DPT scholarships Scholarships)
Someone else who attended the Q&A at Fresno yesterday may remember better, but it seemed to me that their answer to this question was a little unclear. If anyone has a better understanding of Fresno's DPT scholarships/grants please correct me, I was very tired by this point of the day and may have missed something.
Thank you for the resources! Btw how did you think you did on the interview at Fresno? What are your thoughts about Fresno vs. Sac State?

Last edited:
Thank you for the resources! Btw how did you think you did on the interview at Fresno? What are your thoughts about Fresno vs. Sac State?

Haha I think I just responded to your post on the other forum too! I felt better about my Sacramento interview that I do about my Fresno one, but still managed to establish good rapport with the interviewers and get some points across that were important to me. Just a waiting game now.
At the moment I’m much more impressed by Fresno is how much they love their program and their community. I’m disappointed in Sac because they didn’t have faculty or 2nd and 3rd year students available to talk to outside of your interview. I interviewed with Michael McKeough the chair of Sac’s DPT program and he was very passionate about the program. He talked about how students have abundant opportunity to work with patients before we’re ever sent out for our clinicals. Students seem to really love the program though first semester is intense.
What was your impression of Sac from the interview day?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything back from CSUN? I received an email saying that they would start sending out decisions starting early February, but haven't heard anything yet