California DPT 2022-23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know anything about this CSU Long Beach DPT Open House? I just got an email invitation for it this morning and I was wondering if everyone that applies gets this invitation?
I applied to Long Beach and haven't heard anything about it (yet). Hope its a good sign for you!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about this CSU Long Beach DPT Open House? I just got an email invitation for it this morning and I was wondering if everyone that applies gets this invitation?
That is correct! As far as I know everyone who applies gets the invitation (by then you will have already received your admission decision). I strongly believe that me showing up to the open house (over Zoom last year) ultimately lead to me getting accepted since I was originally waitlisted! Good luck!

Congratulations on the acceptance elsewhere! I feel ya on the waiting and waiting for Cal state schools. Even the time between hearing back from one Cal school and interviewing for another seems too long. Hoping I will also have to make these hard decisions between schools soon, but no acceptances for me yet only interview offers. Does anyone know how long we generally have to accept/ deny an admission offer?
usually a week or maybe two

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody!! Does anyone know which specific day UCSF will start to give calls out for acceptances? (I attended the virtual student meet and greet and I think they either said this Friday or Saturday)

Hi everybody!! Does anyone know which specific day UCSF will start to give calls out for acceptances? (I attended the virtual student meet and greet and I think they either said this Friday or Saturday)
I believe the faculty in the information session on Saturday said we should hear from them by the end of the day this Friday!
P.s. I don't know when they start calling though, I haven't heard anything yet.

I believe the faculty in the information session on Saturday said we should hear from them by the end of the day this Friday!
P.s. I don't know when they start calling though, I haven't heard anything yet.
Thank you, and best of luck!! ☺️

Ngl I was expecting UCSF to call today and I got two spam calls during the day, both of which caused my heart to DROP 😭
Here's to hopes of good news tomorrow 🤞🏻🙏🏼

Ngl I was expecting UCSF to call today and I got two spam calls during the day, both of which caused my heart to DROP
Here's to hopes of good news tomorrow

I did the EXACT same thing. Picked up a spam call just in case, and felt the enormous dread and mild nausea. Hope everyone has a peaceful night before the real-deal calls tomorrow.

My first rejection Today. Came in an email from UCSF, definitely not my top school so I'm doing okay, just glad to get the anticipation over with! Here's to hoping for some acceptances in the coming weeks!

My first rejection Today. Came in an email from UCSF, definitely not my top school so I'm doing okay, just glad to get the anticipation over with! Here's to hoping for some acceptances in the coming weeks!
I was rejected too. It was my top school, but I am hopeful for the other schools. I really hope long beach comes out today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Rejected UCSF also and it was definitely up there for me. Only school I have ranked higher is Long Beach so really hoping for it to pull through.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else here get waitlisted for UCSF? 🥲

I got waitlisted. Did they tell you what place you have on their waitlist?
I am also waitlisted! What an emotional rollercoaster. UCSF is my top school so trying my best to not anxiously hold my breath lol. I emailed the admissions dept to see if it's possible to reveal one's position on the waitlist, I suspect they probably don't, and I also don't expect them to respond until next week.
I know one person who was accepted, one who was declined, and one other who was waitlisted!

Does anyone know how many persons UCSF accepts in their first round of acceptances?
I believe someone mentioned that once offered a position, people have one or two weeks to accept. So if that's true then waitlist crew is probably on standby for another two weeks best case.

Anyone heard from Long Beach today yet?
No, I’m thinking it could be next Friday because I’m the past the dates around the 15th were the 3rd week of the month. So maybe it’ll be the 20th

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I am also waitlisted! What an emotional rollercoaster. UCSF is my top school so trying my best to not anxiously hold my breath lol. I emailed the admissions dept to see if it's possible to reveal one's position on the waitlist, I suspect they probably don't, and I also don't expect them to respond until next week.
I know one person who was accepted, one who was declined, and one other who was waitlisted!

Does anyone know how many persons UCSF accepts in their first round of acceptances?
I believe someone mentioned that once offered a position, people have one or two weeks to accept. So if that's true then waitlist crew is probably on standby for another two weeks best case.
I heard students who were accepted have time to respond about their decision until the month's end. So, I think it is more realistic to hear from UCSF at the beginning of February.

Did anyone get a confirmation email for accepting their waitlist spot or for rsvping to the open house? I sent my emails on Monday and still haven’t heard back.

I'm in the exact situation! While thankful I have an acceptance somewhere, UCSF is my first choice and I'm hoping to not have to deal with multiple deposits...

I've been accepted to both USC programs (declined hybrid), waiting on Samuel Merritt, and interviewing with Sac State later this month. UCSF is best financially and location-wise for me, so we'll see!

For USC residential, they've given me over two months to put down a deposit, but only 10 days for the hybrid. I think you get one or two weeks for UCSF and ten days for SMU. So it's a little all over the place from what I can tell!
First congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering when did you submit your application for USC? USC is my top school and I submitted in late September. Still have not yet heard anything from them. Getting really nervous. Thank you!

First congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering when did you submit your application for USC? USC is my top school and I submitted in late September. Still have not yet heard anything from them. Getting really nervous. Thank you!
Thank you!

I submitted September 6th or 7th I believe and heard back two months later. My deposit is due Jan 23rd, so after that date there may be some movement. I'm wishing you the best of luck!

I was accepted to SDSU!
Here's a link for an accepted student's page so we can get to know each other.

Last edited:
Hopeful for you! I know not everyone has heard yet, so keep positive thoughts
Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 Do you think you'll still go to the Long Beach open house? If so, I'll see you there!

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 Do you think you'll still go to the Long Beach open house? If so, I'll see you there!
I'm still going because it never hurts to have a better idea of what schools offer. See you there!!

I got an email at 7:59 AM. Some of my friends got in too, so it seems like they were rolling some decisions out this morning
Hey! Im wondering if you would be willing to share if you and your friends who got accepted are or arent undergrads already at SDSU? Thanks!

Nice! What are your stats?
Pre-req GPA: 3.65
Overall GPA: 3.75
Observation hours: about 200, 1 in-patient 1 outpatient
Letters of rec: 1 prof, 2 PTs
Extracurriculars: a member of NSLS and Girl Gains, coached high school volleyball, substitute taught chemistry.

I would say my on-paper stats are pretty average and then my extracurriculars are what set me apart.

Pre-req GPA: 3.65
Overall GPA: 3.75
Observation hours: about 200, 1 in-patient 1 outpatient
Letters of rec: 1 prof, 2 PTs
Extracurriculars: a member of NSLS and Girl Gains, coached high school volleyball, substitute taught chemistry.

I would say my on-paper stats are pretty average and then my extracurriculars are what set me apart.
That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing. Do you think you’ll accept or are you striving for any other schools?

I got waitlisted at SDSU as well. Does anyone have an idea of how large their waitlist is and if they disclose rankings if requested?

Has anyone heard back from Chapman? I had thought we would get our decisions by end of December for the summer cohort.