California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, yeah you are probably right.

Also for the person that asked when we will hear back from Sac State, I got a call from Sac State to schedule interview today, so you will be hearing from Jerri sometime this week if you haven’t already!
Oh good thanks I was wondering about that!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone I am extremely late to the part, but I also applied to CA DPT programs for the 2021-2022 cycle and wanted to pitch in my information!

I applied to the residential and hybrid at USC, CSUN, Chapman summer and fall, MSM, UCSLB, WesternU, and West Coast U. So far, the only school I have heard back from admissions-wise was the Chapman summer start cohort which I was accepted into!

Other than that, I have only gotten confirmation of my application being accepted, and the interview update from CSUN and WesternU.
I was still taking two pre-requisite courses when I applied back in August/October and did an academic update on December 15th, so I'm not sure if that impacts why I haven't heard back yet or not.

My number one school is CSUN, then USC, then Chapman.
 
Hey everyone I am extremely late to the part, but I also applied to CA DPT programs for the 2021-2022 cycle and wanted to pitch in my information!

I applied to the residential and hybrid at USC, CSUN, Chapman summer and fall, MSM, UCSLB, WesternU, and West Coast U. So far, the only school I have heard back from admissions-wise was the Chapman summer start cohort which I was accepted into!

Other than that, I have only gotten confirmation of my application being accepted, and the interview update from CSUN and WesternU.
I was still taking two pre-requisite courses when I applied back in August/October and did an academic update on December 15th, so I'm not sure if that impacts why I haven't heard back yet or not.

My number one school is CSUN, then USC, then Chapman.
Hello! Congrats on your acceptance to Chapman. What exactly is an interview update?
 
Hello! Congrats on your acceptance to Chapman. What exactly is an interview update?
Thank you! I just meant that CSUN updated that they were doing the Kira assessment instead of no interview and that WesternU is relying on the one-way virtual interview that they required for application instead of doing additional interviews.
 
Thank you! I just meant that CSUN updated that they were doing the Kira assessment instead of no interview and that WesternU is relying on the one-way virtual interview that they required for application instead of doing additional interviews.
Ahh gotcha, just making sure I didn't miss out on anything lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I just meant that CSUN updated that they were doing the Kira assessment instead of no interview and that WesternU is relying on the one-way virtual interview that they required for application instead of doing additional interviews.
Western u has an interview. West coast is the one doing the one way interview.
 
Have you received any update from western university about interview?
I received an email saying that I met all of their requirements and to wait to hear back for an interview in the coming months back in September, but haven't heard anything since.
 
I received an email saying that I met all of their requirements and to wait to hear back for an interview in the coming months back in September, but haven't heard anything since.
God, I did it again, I received that email from West Coast university. Sorry, that's embarrassing!
 
for those who got invited to western U interview do you guys see slots open? I only see the 19th of January available but this must be a mistake?
 
for those who got invited to western U interview do you guys see slots open? I only see the 19th of January available but this must be a mistake?
I saw that. Part of me is assuming that it's a small enough group that they want everyone to go on the same day? Not sure. I don't even want to bother contacting admin since they haven't responded to my other emails
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I was accepted to MSMU a couple of weeks ago, and I am looking to connect with others that have been accepted. Anyone else planning on attending in the fall?
Still waiting to hear back from the Cal States but I accepted my offer from MSMU this week : ) I really like the program and I won't mind attending there if I don't hear from the CSUs.
 
Hey everyone I am extremely late to the part, but I also applied to CA DPT programs for the 2021-2022 cycle and wanted to pitch in my information!

I applied to the residential and hybrid at USC, CSUN, Chapman summer and fall, MSM, UCSLB, WesternU, and West Coast U. So far, the only school I have heard back from admissions-wise was the Chapman summer start cohort which I was accepted into!

Other than that, I have only gotten confirmation of my application being accepted, and the interview update from CSUN and WesternU.
I was still taking two pre-requisite courses when I applied back in August/October and did an academic update on December 15th, so I'm not sure if that impacts why I haven't heard back yet or not.

My number one school is CSUN, then USC, then Chapman.
Ooh, it sounds like we have the same #1 and #2. I heard back from USC hybrid but would love to hear back from CSUN so I can make a real decision. I am so nervous and keep wondering when we will hear back, since my USC deposit is due soon. Is your Chapman deposit due in the next couple of weeks also?
 
Ooh, it sounds like we have the same #1 and #2. I heard back from USC hybrid but would love to hear back from CSUN so I can make a real decision. I am so nervous and keep wondering when we will hear back, since my USC deposit is due soon. Is your Chapman deposit due in the next couple of weeks also?
That's awesome! congrats! I hope USC is still making decisions on their hybrid admissions though because that would be amazing. Chapman Summer cohort deposit was actually due Jan 3rd, so I've already made a deposit because I'm not going to risk not getting into another program. Even if I don't get accepted into another program I just hope I hear back soon so I can start making plans to begin in May.
 
I saw that. Part of me is assuming that it's a small enough group that they want everyone to go on the same day? Not sure. I don't even want to bother contacting admin since they haven't responded to my other emails
dang so we only have until the 19th to prepare? that's so last minute though and I have work
I contacted both Michael and Jizelle but they haven't responded 🙁
 
That's awesome! congrats! I hope USC is still making decisions on their hybrid admissions though because that would be amazing. Chapman Summer cohort deposit was actually due Jan 3rd, so I've already made a deposit because I'm not going to risk not getting into another program. Even if I don't get accepted into another program I just hope I hear back soon so I can start making plans to begin in May.
Oh wow, that's so exciting either way! (And I would recommend bugging USC about the decision, as I think that's why they responded to me so quickly, haha.) I am sure they are still getting back to people though. Good luck and fingers crossed we hear back from the rest soon!
 
Oh wow, that's so exciting either way! (And I would recommend bugging USC about the decision, as I think that's why they responded to me so quickly, haha.) I am sure they are still getting back to people though. Good luck and fingers crossed we hear back from the rest soon!
Totally, I emailed Erin the other day so hopefully she will get back soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone! For the people that asked about USC hybrid, I got a call from Erin last thursday with my admissions decision so I am not sure if she is still working on calling everyone. Also does anybody know when people admitted to CSULB have to make their decision by? I was also waitlisted haha
 
Congrats everyone! For the people that asked about USC hybrid, I got a call from Erin last thursday with my admissions decision so I am not sure if she is still working on calling everyone. Also does anybody know when people admitted to CSULB have to make their decision by? I was also waitlisted haha
Thank you! This is helpful.
 
Congrats everyone! For the people that asked about USC hybrid, I got a call from Erin last thursday with my admissions decision so I am not sure if she is still working on calling everyone. Also does anybody know when people admitted to CSULB have to make their decision by? I was also waitlisted haha
I believe CSULB doesn't charge a deposit... So people could say they'll attend and then bail whenever 😭
 
Congrats everyone! For the people that asked about USC hybrid, I got a call from Erin last thursday with my admissions decision so I am not sure if she is still working on calling everyone. Also does anybody know when people admitted to CSULB have to make their decision by? I was also waitlisted haha
Waitlisted with CSULB too