crazybobby
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same!I got on the High Tier waitlist. Gaaah here's to continuing to refresh my email!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same!I got on the High Tier waitlist. Gaaah here's to continuing to refresh my email!
The deadline to accept is next Saturday so hopefully they’ll let more people in after that deadline. Good luck!Oh wow, that's so exciting either way! (And I would recommend bugging USC about the decision, as I think that's why they responded to me so quickly, haha.) I am sure they are still getting back to people though. Good luck and fingers crossed we hear back from the rest soon!
Their cohort size is 35 ish from what I remember, I’m going to turn down my seat hopefully that helps one of you. Best of luck!i am also on the CSULB high tier waitlist. what is their cohort size?
HI, I also have an interview this Wednesday with western U. I'm a little nervous about the writing portion, to be honest. I don't know what to expect like the duration of time it will be or what will be askedHi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and I want to congratulate those who got accepted/invited to an interview.
Here is what I've heard so far.
MSMU
- Got accepted and made the deposit (Until I hear back from the rest)
Chapman University
- Did a Kira assessment for the summer cohort back in November, still haven't heard anything yet
- Recently received an invitation for the fall cohort (which I hope to get in)
CSULB
- Placed on high tier waitlist as well (might withdraw, so one seat will open)
West Coast
- Have to complete a CASPer snapshot
WesternU
- Have an interview this Wednesday
CSUN and USC
- Have not heard anything yet
I’m also nervous!!HI, I also have an interview this Wednesday with western U. I'm a little nervous about the writing portion, to be honest. I don't know what to expect like the duration of time it will be or what will be asked
Hey, there is a decent chance I might attend! Could you tell me what led you to pick this program?Hey everyone, I was accepted to MSMU a couple of weeks ago, and I am looking to connect with others that have been accepted. Anyone else planning on attending in the fall?
Crazy how they offered you one with a 24 hour notice 😂Just got a call from WesternU Pomona for an interview. They said I could either do tomorrow's interview date or Jan 26 or Feb 2. I wonder how many more interviews they're doing
They’re doing calls now? Are they no longer emailing?Just got a call from WesternU Pomona for an interview. They said I could either do tomorrow's interview date or Jan 26 or Feb 2. I wonder how many more interviews they're doing
They’re doing calls now? Are they no longer emailingJust got a call from WesternU Pomona for an interview. They said I could either do tomorrow's interview date or Jan 26 or Feb 2. I wonder how many more interviews they're doing
IKR I was hella caught off guard but I got work. Didn't help that my signal was so bad 😅Crazy how they offered you one with a 24 hour notice 😂
She said she'd email me the information. I'm pretty sure they just called to offer me the option to interview tomorrowThey’re doing calls now? Are they no longer emailing
They gave me a four-day heads up, and I emailed them repeatedly saying I had work, and they just kept emailing me saying, well, see you on interview day. Pretty surprised by the lack of communication tbhIKR I was hella caught off guard but I got work. Didn't help that my signal was so bad 😅
She said she'd email me the information. I'm pretty sure they just called to offer me the option to interview tomorrow
That's actually really surprising. You feel like they wouldn't want you to abandon work for the interview since that seems like a bad quality?They gave me a four-day heads up, and I emailed them repeatedly saying I had work, and they just kept emailing me saying, well, see you on interview day. Pretty surprised by the lack of communication tbh
Wow that's really inconsiderate esp considering they have multiple interviewsThey gave me a four-day heads up, and I emailed them repeatedly saying I had work, and they just kept emailing me saying, well, see you on interview day. Pretty surprised by the lack of communication tbh
Maybe to them it shows how "dedicated" you are to the program? IdkThat's actually really surprising. You feel like they wouldn't want you to abandon work for the interview since that seems like a bad quality?
I, unfortunately, had to say I had to lie to my work and say I have a family emergency this week to try and prep with a four-day heads up. Not going to lie after this experience idk where Western falls on my radar now.Were you able to get off work or reschedule?
wow and I thought my 4 notice was bad haha less than 24 hours is insane! I'm really shocked a DPT program can operate this way tbhwestern called me late tonight to give less than a 24 hour notice.... feels overall unprofessional, i will be declining. I hope the program isnt reflective of their admissions process.
Congratulations! did you get a call or email from them if you don't mind me asking?I received the acceptance from USC hybrid today. But I was placed on the waitlist with USC residential.
Same!Just got an email saying I was accepted into West Coast University. I have to submit a bunch of medical records and physicals by Jan 31 in addition to a deposit to claim a seat.
Congrats! Still waiting on a response from the residential program.I received the acceptance from USC hybrid today. But I was placed on the waitlist with USC residential.
I got a phone call and email from USC hybrid and an email from USC residential for a waitlist offerCongratulations! did you get a call or email from them if you don't mind me asking?
Same! This is the third year I’ve been waitlisted by them honestlyI just received an email from MSMs that I "have been awarded a position as an alternate in our waitlist for our Doctor of Physical Therapy program"
Oh wow! Thats insaneSame! This is the third year I’ve been waitlisted by them honestly
Any chance you could share your honest reasons for turning it down? I am really torn!I turned down my spot at MSMU the other day, so hopefully that helps someone!
When did you submit your USC apps? I turned in my hybrid app beginning of December and heard back about 2 weeks ago!I'm still waiting on my decision from west coast, USC, and USC hybrid sigh the wait is killing me haha
Sure! My reasoning might not be very helpful depending on your situation, but even though I really love a lot of aspects of the program, I got accepted into a program with lower tuition, so I just made the best choice financially in the long run. This is also considering the fact I have undergrad debt that I would need to pay off along with the new debt. It was a 100k vs possibly 200k decision.Any chance you could share your honest reasons for turning it down? I am really torn!
Ohhh, ok, awesome, and thanks so much! For me, it's like $70,000 cheaper than my other options so far, haha. Congrats on your other school!Sure! My reasoning might not be very helpful depending on your situation, but even though I really love a lot of aspects of the program, I got accepted into a program with lower tuition, so I just made the best choice financially in the long run. This is also considering the fact I have undergrad debt that I would need to pay off along with the new debt. It was a 100k vs possibly 200k decision.
Ugh, no! I wish!!! Didn't they send something at one point saying we would hear back before Feb. 1st?And no one has heard back from CSUN yet right?
Yes but That was before they decided to do the Kira assessment. When they sent out that email they said to expect "multiple" emails between November to Feburary. So I'm not sure if that first date is still accurate.Ugh, no! I wish!!! Didn't they send something at one point saying we would hear back before Feb. 1st?
No problem! And that's definitely much cheaper lol, hopefully you'll also get some aid from their request form if you decide to attend! Thank you!Ohhh, ok, awesome, and thanks so much! For me, it's like $70,000 cheaper than my other options so far, haha. Congrats on your other school!
I'm waiting on those three as well. I submitted my application mid-August!!I'm still waiting on my decision from west coast, USC, and USC hybrid sigh the wait is killing me haha
Oh shoot, I never thought about it like that. I guess I was hoping they were still sticking to that, but maybe they aren't! This waiting is the worst, haha.Yes but That was before they decided to do the Kira assessment. When they sent out that email they said to expect "multiple" emails between November to Feburary. So I'm not sure if that first date is still accurate.
Im with you! 😢Oh shoot, I never thought about it like that. I guess I was hoping they were still sticking to that, but maybe they aren't! This waiting is the worst, haha.
I haven’t received anything.For those on the CSULB waitlist, did you guys get a confirmation email after accepting being on the waitlist?
Nope. I did get confirmation for RSVPing to the open house thoFor those on the CSULB waitlist, did you guys get a confirmation email after accepting being on the waitlist?
Same here!!!Anybody get any updates from Chapman?
I was invited to do Kira assessments for both cohorts. completed both, but haven't heard anything back about either cohort. Has me on pins and needles right now!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.