California Governor's Scholarship... getting cash =/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plsfoldthx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have a California Governor's scholarship from when I graduated high school.. It has about 2500 bucks on it... is there any way I can get cash for this? Anyone have any experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you currently in college? (can be 4 yr university or community college...doesn't matter) If so, you need to go to the CA Governor's Scholarship website and download a Qualified Withdrawal Form. Indicate how much of that money you want, and you will receive it in the form of a check. The longer you keep the money in there, the more interest you will build up.

Are you currently in college? (can be 4 yr university or community college...doesn't matter) If so, you need to go to the CA Governor's Scholarship website and download a Qualified Withdrawal Form. Indicate how much of that money you want, and you will receive it in the form of a check. The longer you keep the money in there, the more interest you will build up.
I just graduated last year =(. I will be taking summer classes at UCLA and will be starting SMP this fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
They probably spent that money to plug last year's deficit.

I just graduated last year =(. I will be taking summer classes at UCLA and will be starting SMP this fall.

I'm pretty sure you can request the funds for your summer school. That's what I did during the summer of 2009, and that was also after I had graduated.

Thanks, starlette

Can I then just deposit the check in my bank account and use it?

Thanks, starlette

Can I then just deposit the check in my bank account and use it?

Yes, you can use the money for any "school-related expenses." You don't have to submit receipts or anything showing what you need to spend the money on. Just remember that after you submit the Qualified Withdrawal Form, it takes a while to get the check (up to 6 wks?). Also, the money will be sent directly to your school institution (UCLA in this case), and then your fin aid office will send you the check or have you pick it up.

Yes, you can use the money for any "school-related expenses." You don't have to submit receipts or anything showing what you need to spend the money on. Just remember that after you submit the Qualified Withdrawal Form, it takes a while to get the check (up to 6 wks?). Also, the money will be sent directly to your school institution (UCLA in this case), and then your fin aid office will send you the check or have you pick it up.
Thanks!

You're awesome :)

So, I have a California Governor's scholarship from when I graduated high school.. It has about 2500 bucks on it... is there any way I can get cash for this? Anyone have any experience?
Please tell me this isn't related to your poker thread. :smuggrin: