California State Northridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Warfkin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from them regarding acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter from them about a month ago (dated March 29) saying they placed me on the alternate list. It says "As of March 20, 2011, you are one of 100 individuals on the alternate list". And as usual, it says to not call them about your status =/ Did you not receive any notice?

Nope, I never heard anything. Maybe they are too far in the red to send letters to people who didn't get accepted :) Good Luck!

Hey everyone, so to shed some light on CSUNs deal -- I was able to get a little more insight into how things work because of a time crunch I had regarding another program. Essentially, they had 36 spots to fill from over 550 applicants (or some ridiculous number like that) and in the past they have gone through over 150 students on the "alternate list" to fill the 40 spots they typically have (as mentioned it's only 36 this time around). I was informed that they assign each applicant a number and as they receive denials from their accepted applicants, they notify the next number on the list. Apparently last year they went through something like numbers 170-180. So if you received an email saying you are an alternate, there is a good chance you will get in, but you may not find out until the summertime.

Hope that clears things up for people some.