CampWWorld: A Delos Destination - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The whole "let's focus on the money" thing is also a pretty good move if LoTF is a wolf - it makes it look like 'trying to solve the game' when it could really be just a wolf trying to figure out the mechanism alongside villagers. In other words, it's a very non-confrontational way to appear involved. I've definitely made that sort of move as a wolf.

Bottom line, it doesn't make me feel any better about LoTF. Still reads scum to me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was actually thinking if she's a wolf she's just trying to get me lynched as an easy target since I'm often lynched as a villager. 🙁

Maybe. And I may be putting too much of my own play style on other people, but when I'm wolfing I don't usually try terribly hard to get anyone lynched. Long as it is a villager in the lead....
 
Not normally, IMO. She used to be super chatty and post all kinds of crazy theories, but I guess that got her lynched a lot, so she's been a bit more quiet in general.

Meh. I still don't buy that she got lynched any more or any earlier than any other new-ish player. I think she just played the wahmbulance card louder. Pretty much everyone gets lynched earlier as a new player... and everyone gets lynched regularly. It is part of the game. It sucks. Nobody likes to get lynched. We all get lynched. *shrug*
 
Meh. I still don't buy that she got lynched any more or any earlier than any other new-ish player. I think she just played the wahmbulance card louder. Pretty much everyone gets lynched earlier as a new player... and everyone gets lynched regularly. It is part of the game. It sucks. Nobody likes to get lynched. We all get lynched. *shrug*
I think I got killed n1 during my first 2 games, then my 3rd game I made it all the way to end game with you, BI and Devyn I think? You were busy with NAVLE, and BI got me lynched even though I figured out she was the wolf. Good times! 😆
 
The whole "let's focus on the money" thing is also a pretty good move if LoTF is a wolf - it makes it look like 'trying to solve the game' when it could really be just a wolf trying to figure out the mechanism alongside villagers. In other words, it's a very non-confrontational way to appear involved. I've definitely made that sort of move as a wolf.

Bottom line, it doesn't make me feel any better about LoTF. Still reads scum to me.
Part of my line of thought for "follow the money," or more accurately how do we earn money is:

- Let's figure out how to make money and buy the tools to find the wolves.

- I don't see anybody else trying to game solve. My cabin has been silent at night, and I have no PM partner... so there may be more going on, but it mostly seems like people are being silent and waiting for a wolf to out themselves. That only works if we get the wolves talking. Zen normally pushes conversation, and sometimes STL and BBC. Jil sometimes does toward end game.

- Even if people hate this approach, hopefully it makes them announce a better approach rather than just complaining about the only approach I see.
 
Part of my line of thought for "follow the money," or more accurately how do we earn money is:

- Let's figure out how to make money and buy the tools to find the wolves.

- I don't see anybody else trying to game solve. My cabin has been silent at night, and I have no PM partner... so there may be more going on, but it mostly seems like people are being silent and waiting for a wolf to out themselves. That only works if we get the wolves talking. Zen normally pushes conversation, and sometimes STL and BBC. Jil sometimes does toward end game.

- Even if people hate this approach, hopefully it makes them announce a better approach rather than just complaining about the only approach I see.

I'm not taking issue with your approach. I don't know if I agree/disagree with the people saying we shouldn't talk about the money. I just know as a wolf it is easier to make lots of noise about game mechanics as a way to seem involved.

You habe a PM partner jow, roght?
 
You habe a PM partner jow, roght?
I read this like you talking w/ your mouth full of food, sorta like that chubby bunny game. Did anyone else play that? (sorry off topic. I don't want to study for my parasite practical tomorrow even though I don't know the names of any mites unless they are found on a dog or a cat :drowning:)
 
I'm not taking issue with your approach. I don't know if I agree/disagree with the people saying we shouldn't talk about the money. I just know as a wolf it is easier to make lots of noise about game mechanics as a way to seem involved.

You habe a PM partner jow, roght?
I asked for one when I bought the bracelet, but haven't been set up with one yet.

So right now, no.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch finnick

We've already ran through most of our options for missing D1 lynch vote. Finn is the only remaining candidate I believe.
 
Lynch jil
Care to expand on this, or anything really? You've been unusually quiet. Also, did you read my post earlier about zen? It makes ZERO sense for me to tell SOV that I was concerned about zen making herself a target and then kill her. If I were a wolf I'd probably want people talking about the money they had since it doesn't seem it gets passed on to anyone. Those with the most money have the most power, can buy the better wolf investigating items, like the reference guide and the silly string.
 
Finn/Teep/Filly were the last 3 to jump on the Kata bandwagon D3. As I mentioned last night, I really think there is something fishy with that bandwagon. At the same time, the lynch was messy and that bandwagon was very last minute.

Aloha was 2nd on Kata lynch both D2 and D3, On D1 didn't vote for Ally. However, Aloha/Finn were jumping all over in terms of waffling. From what I have seen, usually people who are very very flaky with voting/unvoting tend to be villager and are just secondguessing. At least I tend to be more wishy washy as a villager. Aloha was partnered with Kam, so that fits with wolf partnered with villager. However, unless you were trying to lay some cover it doesn't make sense to kill off your only line of communication. At the same time, I thought the Kam kill choice was odd and that could be a reason that explains it. Would not surprise me if 2 of the wolves partnered together to throw us off. However, wolf partnered with villager would likely be the most obvious pairing. One thing to note for in the future is that if aloha turns up wolfy she was really pushing the fact that wolves wouldn't have partnered up.

I'm starting to second guess myself about Teep and think I may have been tunneling. No one else has seemed too bothered by the play style, so I'll let that rest for today.

Finn...I'm not sure. As I said, the waffling seemed excessive for a wolf. They also did not join either of the bandwagons on D2. Reading through, I just don't find the posts wolfy. I did like the D1 absentee wolf theory though.

Jil. She did start the Sandy lynch (for weird reasons), but Kata was already far ahead when she did that. Again with wolf-villager pairing, I do think SOV is villager so this would fit. At the same time, reading through her posts didn't give me a particular feeling one way or the other.

With far less analysis:
Wondering about STL as well. Nothing solid though, and I would prefer to not lynch my PM partner over paranoia.
PBC has been giving me feels, but similar to STL I have nothing atm to back it up.


I'm not sure.
At the moment I will go either Finn, Aloha, or Jil.

Please enjoy this mess of indecisiveness
 
Jil. She did start the Sandy lynch (for weird reasons), but Kata was already far ahead when she did that. Again with wolf-villager pairing, I do think SOV is villager so this would fit. At the same time, reading through her posts didn't give me a particular feeling one way or the other.

With far less analysis:
Wondering about STL as well. Nothing solid though, and I would prefer to not lynch my PM partner over paranoia.
PBC has been giving me feels, but similar to STL I have nothing atm to back it up.


I'm not sure.
At the moment I will go either Finn, Aloha, or Jil.

Please enjoy this mess of indecisiveness
I was the first to vote for Sandy, but it was based of a post from STL. It wasn't something I had noticed but when he mentioned it I agreed it was weird, apparently I wasn't the only one who agreed.

PBC actually broke the Kam/Ally tie, so you might want to reconsider that one for now.
 
lynch hmoo

She's voted every day but been very quiet. It stands out as strange to me.

Lynch jil




I find it very odd that Hmoo posted this lynch vote after Fin (who's post was literally the last one before HMoo posted, so she must have seen it) commented on how quiet she has been. It wouldn't be raising as many flags for me if she had given any reasoning for her vote, but there's none. It's just weird.
 
@alohacat319 do you have a buddy?

Currently driving to Chicago from Kansas City, somewhere in the middle of Iowa, and just passed over Camp Creek. How fitting :laugh:

I went through the whole thread and found all the people who didn't vote yesterday (I actually mingled with the idea of potential wolves not voting day 1 before it was mentioned - that just solidified the idea for me), and zen's posts stood out to me because she talked a lot but never actually voted

I'm satisfied with BBC's defense. Still have feels for zen, so going with that again today. Lynch zen

These are literally all of the posts from Hmoo that are more than just "Lynch XYZ". This does sound a lot like a noob wolf just trying to get by without being noticed. She has definitely been added to my short list.
 
Lynch Hmoo

And if she comes back wolf, I will be back on BBC for sure. I also still have LotF on my list, and if I need to I'd switch to her, but stronger feels for Hmoo & BBC right now.

This sounds a lot like you voting for me in retaliation, which makes you even more wolfy than I previously thought...
 
These are literally all of the posts from Hmoo that are more than just "Lynch XYZ". This does sound a lot like a noob wolf just trying to get by without being noticed. She has definitely been added to my short list.
And if I'm killed, and come back a vanilla villager, you can remember that I've been trying to change my play style the past few games because my normal, talkative self always gets killed early.
 
Actually had a busy/long day on path for once! (and I got to post a horse 🙂 )

I keep forgetting hmoo is playing. She is certainly flying under the radar more than normal. And I don't think an experienced player would put out a retaliatory vote as a wolf...we all know how much those votes get jumped on. Also noticed Hmoo appears after Finn says she's being quiet.


Lynch Hmoo
for now but going to reread the thread too.
 
This sounds a lot like you voting for me in retaliation, which makes you even more wolfy than I previously thought...
No, a retaliatory vote wouldn't have had an explanation, kinda like your vote for me. I even asked you to expand on your vote and you didn't. So yeah, you are looking kinda shadey right now. Retaliatory votes generally don't include going through the entire thread looking for every post a person made to see what they have contributed. Also, since LotF was the first to vote for me today, wouldn't a retaliatory vote been directed at her? Though there is certainly enough suspicion about her right now too.
 
I didn't get your message, but I had said item recently also. I suspect if a specific someone is receiving the message, they aren't/shouldn't reveal that info since it would be indicative of an ability. I'm not sure what the point would be of the message going to the dead, unless the dead can somehow communicate back.
This makes no sense to me. There is nothing about it that directly alludes to an ability. If it is, they are right not to answer, but otherwise it will only help us.

You seem awfully determined for us to not share any game info.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have to admit, it makes me nervous that SOV hasn't voted for me yet.

It also makes me nervous that STL is basically just kinda coasting, not saying much, and just throwing a repeat vote for LoTF. He's usually more loud 'n proud about his votes.

lynch jilary because it's time to answer that question once and for all and move on.
 
No, a retaliatory vote wouldn't have had an explanation, kinda like your vote for me. I even asked you to expand on your vote and you didn't. So yeah, you are looking kinda shadey right now. Retaliatory votes generally don't include going through the entire thread looking for every post a person made to see what they have contributed. Also, since LotF was the first to vote for me today, wouldn't a retaliatory vote been directed at her? Though there is certainly enough suspicion about her right now too.

Well, I haven't gotten any info and have no money, so it's not a huge deal if I'm killed besides the fact that we'd be losing another villager. I've voted for zen the past two days (based off faulty feels, I'll admit), but if I were a wolf and killed her, wouldn't that make me look more guilty?

Just saying, a wolf would be an idiot to kill the player they've been openly voting for on the thread... and I may be a noob but I'm not that dumb.
 
Officialish Tally

Lotf (3) - Dy, STL, Ny
Teep (1) - SOV
Jil (3) - LotF, Hmoo, LIS
Hmoo (3) - Finn, Jil, FB
Finn (1) - Teep

11/15 accounted for... check yo votes. Deadline in just over an hour at 10:30PM.
 
And if I'm killed, and come back a vanilla villager, you can remember that I've been trying to change my play style the past few games because my normal, talkative self always gets killed early.
But you do need to talk. It really takes the fun out of the game when people don't post at all. I've been one of the most active players this game (even though I don't really have time for it until tomorrow afternoon) and it's super frustrating that I'm being lynched for a really crappy reason.
This makes no sense to me. There is nothing about it that directly alludes to an ability. If it is, they are right not to answer, but otherwise it will only help us.

You seem awfully determined for us to not share any game info.
Did you play the pokemon game? Wolves won because villagers were all too willing to share information. We had a full spreadsheet detailing who everyone was and what their ability was. If there is a person out there who is the sole receiver of the ham radio message, that is the closest we have to an ability. I'm not sure that is what is actually going on, and I kind of doubt it, but if that is someone's "ability" no, I don't think they should claim it on thread unless they need to. Sure I'd like to know what happens to the message, and I'm happy to listen to speculations, I just don't agree with people outing anything unique about their role unless they need to. That's pretty standard in WW.

Well, I haven't gotten any info and have no money, so it's not a huge deal if I'm killed besides the fact that we'd be losing another villager. I've voted for zen the past two days (based off faulty feels, I'll admit), but if I were a wolf and killed her, wouldn't that make me look more guilty?

Just saying, a wolf would be an idiot to kill the player they've been openly voting for on the thread... and I may be a noob but I'm not that dumb.
Oh, you mean like me telling SOV yesterday that I was concerned about zen posting that she received more money than other people and that could make her a target or may mean she has a role other than just vanilla camper? Yeah, that would make ME and idiot, and I'm not that dumb, but you seem to have no problem believing that I am that dumb.

I guess I can kind of buy your defense of voting openly for zen being dumb if you were a wolf though. But could you please try to participate more?

Unlynch hmoo

Lynch LotF


I'd prefer BBC, but I've gotta look out for myself too. I also agree with the weirdness with her, especially today.
 
And it is a tie again. Does somebody get a perk for ties?

Oooo, I had a thought. I need to check, but I think I had 2 votes for me before I got my $2. You don't need to say how much you got, but does this match for anybody else?
 
Nevermind about the tie.:blackeye:

I don't know how to help you. I am a villager. I have not gotten any items. My PM partner didn't talk much before dying, my cabin doesn't talk. All I can do is talk on the thread since there are no other options for me.

The only thing I have is that hopefully I would start a conversation tonight with the person I chose for a new partner with my bracelet. Since I haven't gotten one yet, I could probably change as long as I did it before lynch close... if I survive, is there a preference?
 
But you do need to talk. It really takes the fun out of the game when people don't post at all. I've been one of the most active players this game (even though I don't really have time for it until tomorrow afternoon) and it's super frustrating that I'm being lynched for a really crappy reason.

Did you play the pokemon game? Wolves won because villagers were all too willing to share information. We had a full spreadsheet detailing who everyone was and what their ability was. If there is a person out there who is the sole receiver of the ham radio message, that is the closest we have to an ability. I'm not sure that is what is actually going on, and I kind of doubt it, but if that is someone's "ability" no, I don't think they should claim it on thread unless they need to. Sure I'd like to know what happens to the message, and I'm happy to listen to speculations, I just don't agree with people outing anything unique about their role unless they need to. That's pretty standard in WW.


Oh, you mean like me telling SOV yesterday that I was concerned about zen posting that she received more money than other people and that could make her a target or may mean she has a role other than just vanilla camper? Yeah, that would make ME and idiot, and I'm not that dumb, but you seem to have no problem believing that I am that dumb.

I guess I can kind of buy your defense of voting openly for zen being dumb if you were a wolf though. But could you please try to participate more?

Unlynch hmoo

Lynch LotF


I'd prefer BBC, but I've gotta look out for myself too. I also agree with the weirdness with her, especially today.

I wasn't playing back then haha, noob all the way!

My prediction was that it either went to the dead, got posted in the writeup, or went to a RNGd person. Again, if ability then of course they should keep quiet. But if it is what I was guessing, there is physically no benefit to the wolves if they find out.
 
Fine. Unlynch jil.

I understand your point of asking me to participate more, but when my usual style involves participating a ton, I get killed for it. I'd rather not die.
 
What are people's thoughts on dy?
Very quiet compared to when we started with her, but she also has been getting quieter over time. I feel like she isn't contributing much to game solving, but I said earlier I don't see much game solving going on in general.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have seen little posts from Jil every day that made me question her. The one I highlighted today was just the most recent example. That's why I have stuck with it.

When I come back villager, keep an eye on her and yes, keep working on figuring out the game. You don't need identifying characteristics to figure out how to help the village. It doesn't make sense for the village to sit back on their tushes and hope the wolves say something stupid. They won't screw up unless they are made to comment in insightful and creative ways. Any wolf can say the line "this gave me feelz," or "this is abnormal play," but coming up with new logic and new approaches without being obvious that they have insider info is much tougher. So talk.

Hmoo and everybody else that is slowly giving up and shutting up because of the lynch potential: fight back. Talk. It is the village weapon. Yes, talk smart and don't just blab, but force opinions and theory so we can use our one weapon.
 
I have seen little posts from Jil every day that made me question her. The one I highlighted today was just the most recent example. That's why I have stuck with it.

When I come back villager, keep an eye on her and yes, keep working on figuring out the game. You don't need identifying characteristics to figure out how to help the village. It doesn't make sense for the village to sit back on their tushes and hope the wolves say something stupid. They won't screw up unless they are made to comment in insightful and creative ways. Any wolf can say the line "this gave me feelz," or "this is abnormal play," but coming up with new logic and new approaches without being obvious that they have insider info is much tougher. So talk.

Hmoo and everybody else that is slowly giving up and shutting up because of the lynch potential: fight back. Talk. It is the village weapon. Yes, talk smart and don't just blab, but force opinions and theory so we can use our one weapon.
But you haven't pointed out any of those things that you say you saw (except mentioning you thought I said something weird, without actually pointing it out), which is the same reason people originally thought I was suspicious due to my rushed d1 vote for Kam.