Can I send this as an update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hubbsbubbs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got word that my manuscript has been accepted by a journal! The editor sent me a list of revisions including the following message:

" I have decided that your manuscript can be accepted for publication after you have carried out major revisions as suggested by the reviewer(s)."

If a manuscript is still in revision, does it count as being 'In Press?'

Can I sent this as an update to schools, or should I wait until after the revision process is over and I receive the author proof? I also have a poster presentation at a conference that I can add to the update.

@Goro @LizzyM @gonnif

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I waited until the revisions were finalized and the article was officially accepted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I just got word that my manuscript has been accepted by a journal! The editor sent me a list of revisions including the following message:

" I have decided that your manuscript can be accepted for publication after you have carried out major revisions as suggested by the reviewer(s)."

If a manuscript is still in revision, does it count as being 'In Press?'

Can I sent this as an update to schools, or should I wait until after the revision process is over and I receive the author proof? I also have a poster presentation at a conference that I can add to the update.

@Goro @LizzyM @gonnif
It's not accepted.

When it gets accepted, then it's "in press".

Right now, it's "under revision"

NIH doesn't count this, and neither would I.

Reactions: 1 user