Can someone review my resume?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member111892

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 4p student. If someone has any suggestions on what to fix or what I can do to improve it, I would greatly appreciate it. This is my resume excluding the title and **** has been substituted in for school and work locations.

Objective
• Obtain an intern position at a pharmacy
• Complete Pharmacy School at the University of *****
• Continue the process of professionalism; to develop collaborative, communication, team, and service based skills

Experience
• Pharmacy Intern at ***** Pharmacy 2014-2015
• IPPE rotation completed at ***** Pharmacy 2015
• IPPE rotation completed at ***** Pharmacy 2014
• Pharmacy Intern at ***** 5/13-12/13
• Volunteer at ***** Outpatient Pharmacy 2/13-5/13

Education
• Three years completed at ****** School of Pharmacy (P4 student) 2013-current
• Two years of pharmacy prerequisites completed, **** (3.92 GPA) 2011-2013
• High School diploma, ****** 2007-2011

Certificates & Skills
• Licensed Pharmacy Intern in **
• Certified technician by PTCB
• Immunization certification
• Bilingual, speak fluent Urdu & English

Members don't see this ad.

Three thoughts:
1. If you are graduating in May (I'm guessing you are): where are your APPE rotations?
2. For all of your experiences, just listing them aren't enough- you need to speak about what you did there (daily activities, responsibilities, accomplishments, etc.)
3. Drop that high school diploma.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally feel that objectives are space-wasters. This is stuff you can talk about in the interview, or cover letter, if needed.

Second the suggestion that you should add APPE's and community service and/or leadership positions held.

Reactions: 1 users
Overall it looks like a good start, though the same as every other resume. It's very difficult to provide feedback without seeing details and more so, how it looks on paper ex. Word or PDF format. Thus, I would highly suggest reviewing this with your schools career center thoroughly and a professor. You'll get much better feedback.

Depending on what your applying for, create a CV and a resume. For interviewing new grads, as an intervier Id briefly skim the onslaught of resumes coming through.
Thus, I'm stressing the format portion and Don't add fluff, which will distract from what you really accomplished and deter interviews. Highlight key activities that you can speak to on interterviws. Tailor the resume/cv to the specific position. Agree with above comments.

Reactions: 1 user
Ditch the objective statement. It takes valuable space and no one reads them.

Ditch the objective statement. It takes valuable space and no one reads them.
How will the employer ever know that they want to finish school and get a job? /s

Hi, I'm a 4p student. If someone has any suggestions on what to fix or what I can do to improve it, I would greatly appreciate it. This is my resume excluding the title and **** has been substituted in for school and work locations.

Experience

Education

Certificates & Skills
• Pharmacy Intern License (License #)
• PTCB Certified

This reads more like a CV than a resume. Which do you need?

I took a year off from school. So I start my APPE rotation this fall. I'm not a part of any clubs or associations. I have spare time right now and don't know what I should be doing. Currently I applied to community pharmacies to start working again. I also want to try to shadow different pharmacy locations.

Thank you for the replies.

I took a year off from school. So I start my APPE rotation this fall. I'm not a part of any clubs or associations. I have spare time right now and don't know what I should be doing. Currently I applied to community pharmacies to start working again. I also want to try to shadow different pharmacy locations.

Thank you for the replies.
Go volunteer somewhere. If you've got time, go volunteer at a soup kitchen or a food bank or something like feed my starving children.

Good start, I think you need to separate those matters that go on the CV from your resume like the above posters cited.

For federal or government, you need to put references as a section. If "Available Upon Request", that's fine, however, if you leave that off, we can't ask you for them. If your references are comfortable, I'd honestly put down a couple of known pharmacists in your area that know you and even better if they supervised you at one point.

Objective
• Obtain an intern position at a pharmacy
• Complete Pharmacy School at the University of *****
• Continue the process of professionalism; to develop collaborative, communication, team, and service based skills

Experience
• IPPE rotation completed at ***** Pharmacy 2015
• IPPE rotation completed at ***** Pharmacy 2014

Education
• High School diploma, ****** 2007-2011

Certificates & Skills
• Licensed Pharmacy Intern in **
• Certified technician by PTCB

The objective statement needs to be adjusted. Something like:

"Currently completing my final year as a student at the University of __________. Seeking an internship at (put the name of the pharmacy), in order to develop qualitative and quantitative skills while working collaboratively with a dynamic team to support positive patient outcomes." (feel free to use this if you want).

Even in your internship experience don't forget to talk about what you did and what you contributed to the team.

Explain what you did while you were volunteering at the Outpatient Pharmacy.

Your education, certification and skills need to be moved up to the top before your experience.