Can We Stop The "I'm Better Than You" Signature?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ehh blah

Members don't see this ad.

And calling people obnoxious and braggarts isn't? He opened the door.

Doesn't justify returning fire (although granted, OP's edited post wasn't necessary).

To divert this thread slightly, why aren't more people using MDApps? Is it largely due to concerns of anonymity? Or outdated features (MDApps hasnt updated their MCAT interface for new exam)?

Since this is my second cycle, here is what I find to be the most useful and convenient way to share my stats: When I get an II, I post in the school specific thread and I immediately include my LizzyM, my complete date, and whether I am IS or OOS. Those are the things that are relevant and useful to other applicants. The complete date is probably the most useful piece of info for others and that is not a thing that I see people adding to their signatures. I like my method better than keeping all the info in my signature or even posting my mdapps link because I'd rather only announce my personal details and stats to the people who have a legit reason to ask (i.e. the people applying to the same schools I applied to.) I can only imagine that this method would be inconvenient or annoying to me if I were actually offered an II to all the schools I applied to. But since I only have 5 II's so far, it really hasn't been so much trouble to post my info individually to each thread. But to each their own.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't justify returning fire (although granted, OP's edited post wasn't necessary).

His initial post called people obnoxious and bragging. You insult people, they can return fire. That's how it works.

To divert this thread slightly, why aren't more people using MDApps? Is it largely due to concerns of anonymity? Or outdated features (MDApps hasnt updated their MCAT interface for new exam)?

Probably both. I wish people used it more. I wanted to use it as well, but I probably won't since it's pretty out of date. I'm not that concerned with anonymity.

Probably both. I wish people used it more. I wanted to use it as well, but I probably won't since it's pretty out of date. I'm not that concerned with anonymity.

Another advantage of MDApps is its links can be seen even without logging in (unlike signatures). The drawback is inability to see MDApps links on SDN mobile.

But yeah, SDN really needs to update the MDApps interface.

Anonymity concerns are understandable, but no one is required to divulge their entire application online. Just posting stats and post-interview experiences can be helpful

Reactions: 1 users
Another advantage of MDApps is its links can be seen even without logging in (unlike signatures). The drawback is inability to see MDApps links on SDN mobile.

But yeah, SDN really needs to update the MDApps interface.

Anonymity concerns are understandable, but no one is required to divulge their entire application online. Just posting stats and post-interview experiences can be helpful

I never used it, didn't want to relinquish my cover of darkness.

Reactions: 1 user