Can you actually apply for 2 yr scholarship when you have 3 yr school remaining.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheClutch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it looks really bad because it seems like you're doing it for just free tuition and allowances. I don't mind being a mil dentist, but I would rather a shorter commitment and get to pick where I wanna be stationed, etc.

Is this possible? applying for 2 yr when you got 3 yr of school??

Members don't see this ad.

Given that it takes about a year to get you up to speed, it's not going to happen. They're not going to train you for 1 year so that you can work for 1 year, especially in the current climate where there are no shortages of 4 year applicants.

I know it looks really bad because it seems like you're doing it for just free tuition and allowances. I don't mind being a mil dentist, but I would rather a shorter commitment and get to pick where I wanna be stationed, etc.

Is this possible? applying for 2 yr when you got 3 yr of school??

The Army has a three year minimum term of service, meaning that if you get a two year scholarship, you will still serve at least three years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Given that it takes about a year to get you up to speed, it's not going to happen. They're not going to train you for 1 year so that you can work for 1 year, especially in the current climate where there are no shortages of 4 year applicants.
In that case, I guess I will just apply for 3 yr scholarship :D (I will def do AEGD btw too)
Just 2 quick questions tho,
didn't Navy offer 2 year scholarships for the last fiscal year(2012-2013)?
When does this year (2013-2014) scholarship start? Can I start filling out an application now??