Can you apply as an authorized alien

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Theafoni

True Blue
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do med schools accept authorized aliens?

Members don't see this ad.

It will depend from school to school. Some schools don't mind your citizenship status in applications, but may require that you prove you can pay for all 4 years of medical school since you would not have access to federal loans.

Yup, you certainly can but only if you have your notarized M.I.B. alien authorization card ;)

All kidding aside, if by authorized alien you mean US permanent resident, then the answer is that US schools do accept them. (or more accurately us, because I'm also a permanent resident). If you mean you have some sort of visa, and aren't a permanent resident, then unfortunately you'll have to apply as an international student, which raises the bar for admissions standards significantly. Many US MD schools don't accept international students.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you mean permanent resident, then yes there's no problem at all. If DACA, I think it depends on the school [and state?]. Some schools might more friendly then others.