Can you save Letters of Recommendation?/Being able to have them as soon as the cycle opens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

900293046kc

Reaction score
I have came across different threads that pertain to the process of asking for letters of rec, but what I am wondering is if is there a way I can talk to my professors
and have them send me a letter of rec that I can save somewhere, or if I should tell them to save the letter until I send them the email. I know they do not transfer. I just do not want to send them the link for writing the letter right when the cycle opens and have to wait until they see it reply etc. (I know they will have it written beforehand), also I understand I don't have to submit my application the second the cycle opens, but why wait if you don't have to. Please give me your advice of how you went about this process, I'm sure this would be super helpful to other people on here too!

Members don't see this ad.

You seem very excited to apply for the next cycle, which probably explain the impatience to submit it. Nothing wrong, but know that no matter what, you're in for a waiting period. Transcripts and LOR's don't carry over to the next cycle on optomCAS, so if you think it's painful to send the link to your recommenders the second it opens, know that your transcripts is going to take 2-4 weeks to be verified so schools can then review you. If you spoke to the recommenders beforehand, they should have it ready for you the moment they receive the email from OptomCAS to submit it. Don't sweat on it! Focus on enjoying summer and studying for the OATs lol