This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beeboo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm narrowing down my list of schools to apply to. I'm a Candian applying to states DO schools (possibly MD schools,) Ireland RCSI, and St.Georges in Grenada.

I have a 503 MCAT but my GPA is on the lower end due to my first two years... cGPA of 2.9 (its an increasing trend Frist year 1.91, Second 2.75, third 3.05, and fourth 3.94) My GPA is clearly my main point of concern...

Should I bother applying to the states MD and DO schools and which ones??

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

That 3.94 is promising! I'd go for a post-bacc or second undergraduate degree to bring up the GPA, and you can probably do better on the MCAT.

Up to you whether you go international, but I'd exercise a whole lot of suspicion towards a school that would let you in with a 2.9/503, even if your volunteer activities are truly exceptional. Make sure you're not making a self-destructive choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are about a dozen DO schools that consider internationals.
I can't come up with a recommendation for MD for this application cycle.
The Caribbean schools will take just about anybody's $.

I have a list of DOs that accept internationals (ex. michigan state is very Canadian friendly), I'm trying to decide if its worth it or not considering my GPA and being an international.