Canadian citizens in US medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Bruce Banner

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a 3rd year medical student in a US medical school. I am a Canadian citizen. I am hoping this thread can bring other medical students who are on the same boat as me to come here and discuss our plans with regards to applying to residency, either for J1 or H1B. It'd be awesome for people who are in residencies right now to post about
1) their residency institution
2) which visas (J1, or H1B, or both) their institution accept
3) current visa during residency
 
Also for people like me who are getting married in 4th yr (which will be a very limited population I assume), what do you put on ERAS when you apply for residency? visa needed or no visa needed?