Cant wait for Oct. 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey
I just met you
and this is crazy
but it's the 15th
so call me maybe?

Members don't see this ad.

I am fully prepared to walk out of my meeting with my boss today if I get a call......

Members don't see this ad :)
Abyone get a call yet?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Just sitting here at work with no patients (or patience :laugh:) and slowly losing my mind whenever my phone lights up.

My volunteer shift starts in an hour and I wont have any phone reception for 4 hours

Drexel and Georgetown are the two that I might possibly hear from today. Interviewed at PSU on 10/1, and I don't think their turnaround is that fast.

Do you have a status change at Georgetown yet? I interviewed 9/10 and I'm thinking we won't hear until tomorrow since nothing has changed on the secondary portal.

Do you have a status change at Georgetown yet? I interviewed 9/10 and I'm thinking we won't hear until tomorrow since nothing has changed on the secondary portal.

Nope. My status still says application complete. Interviewed there on 9/5, so six weeks will be on Wednesday. Do you know if there is a status page update with decisions?

Nope. My status still says application complete. Interviewed there on 9/5, so six weeks will be on Wednesday. Do you know if there is a status page update with decisions?

Last year when I interviewed/was CAP'd, the online status page was updated at midnight EST before the decisions came out at like 6am via email. They basically add a link that you click to view the letter with your decision. Not sure that's how it's going to be this year, but I'm for sure going to be checking that page tonight!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year when I interviewed/was CAP'd, the online status page was updated at midnight EST before the decisions came out at like 6am via email. They basically add a link that you click to view the letter with your decision. Not sure that's how it's going to be this year, but I'm for sure going to be checking that page tonight!!

I see... Thanks.

I'm getting absolutely ZERO done today. :laugh:

Drexel snail mails though.

There are schools that send out mail days in advance so that the letters get there on the 15th. I don't know if Drexel is one of them, but I'm hoping to hear something from them either today or within the next couple of days. I did, after all, interview in the first group of the cycle.

There are schools that send out mail days in advance so that the letters get there on the 15th. I don't know if Drexel is one of them, but I'm hoping to hear something from them either today or within the next couple of days. I did, after all, interview in the first group of the cycle.

Oh good point. Good luck!

Hey Guys, I'm new to this thread but wanted to chime in.

I am also waiting anxiously for a phone call or e-mail that lets me know what the decision was.

So nervous right now......

Hey Guys, I'm new to this thread but wanted to chime in.

I am also waiting anxiously for a phone call or e-mail that lets me know what the decision was.

So nervous right now......

I'm sure all of our average heartbeat is 100+.......haha good luck

Well, I just checked my mailbox...

...just bills, so I guess my school didn't mail anything on Friday.

Perhaps, email or phone call, I hope.

Hey everyone so AAMC says

"3. Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle. It may be appropriate to communicate notifications of decisions other than acceptance to medical school to applicants prior to October 15."

So we might be hearing back tomorrow....

"3. Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle. It may be appropriate to communicate notifications of decisions other than acceptance to medical school to applicants prior to October 15."

Some schools already accepted people today, but yea some may wait.

People have already been hearing today.

Yep, that's what my school just told me this morning, sigh...

People have already been hearing today.

Yep, they have but some schools are taking it to mean the 16th and some are going with the 15th. I emailed my school and they told me they are going with the 16th.

Yep, they have but some schools are taking it to mean the 16th and some are going with the 15th. I emailed my school and they told me they are going with the 16th.

Hoping to hear back today. Tomorrow I'm driving 6 hours to an interview unless I get accepted before then.

Hoping to hear back today. Tomorrow I'm driving 6 hours to an interview unless I get accepted before then.

Hey man, you should still go to this one barring tragedy to avoid looking like a douche when it is so close to date.

True to thread.... schools that snail mail .....................:scared:
at least I already know I got into one of them.

Hey man, you should still go to this one barring tragedy to avoid looking like a douche when it is so close to date.

Not sure if trolling.

I don't know about you, but if I got into my first choice school, there's no way in hell I'd drive 6 hours to an interview the following day, It's a waste of time and money, nothing douche about it...

Why waste my time and their time by showing up even though I have no intention of matriculation even if accepted?

Not sure if trolling.

I don't know about you, but if I got into my first choice school, there's no way in hell I'd drive 6 hours to an interview the following day, It's a waste of time and money, nothing douche about it...

He been trying to troll my posts for weeks now.

Not sure if trolling.

Glad to see keeping commitments and respect are high on your priorities.... Do you cancel doctor's appointments on the same day and do other similar dbag moves?

Why waste my time and their time by showing up even though I have no intention of matriculation even if accepted?

He been trying to troll my posts for weeks now.

Aren't you from the South? Tha **** is your common courtesy at?

Glad to see keeping commitments and respect are high on your priorities.... Do you cancel doctor's appointments on the same day and do other similar dbag moves?

You are doing the medical school a favor. They dont have to waste time interviewing you.

A dbag move is making someone interview you for ****s and giggles.

Let me make an example:
You have a infection
You make an appointment
You find out it was just a bruise and it goes away
Do you

A) Go to the doctors office anyway and waste his time?
B) At least let the doctor know that he has an hour to relax.

Terrible analogy.

Aren't you from the South? Tha **** is your common courtesy at?

Not from the south and it isn't common courtesy to waste people's time. Actually it's quite the opposite

You are doing the medical school a favor. They dont have to waste time interviewing you.

A dbag move is making someone interview you for ****s and giggles.

Let me make an example:
You have a infection
You make an appointment
You find out it was just a bruise and it goes away
Do you

A) Go to the doctors office anyway and waste his time?
B) At least let the doctor know that he has an hour to relax.

Terrible analogy.

Not from the south and it isn't common courtesy to waste people's time. Actually it's quite the opposite

Sorry guys, I view this one in a different way because of the close nature. Having not visited the school already, how would you even know... oh wait unless you are basing your top choice of some arbitrary stuff you read...:rolleyes:
If it's a week or more out, yea then I think it fits great so they can get someone else into that spot they worked hard to prepare.

There will be absolutely no relaxing. A productivity manager will be bitching about filling that spot last minute which leads to a tech making endless amounts of phone calls. Not to mention, how do you know it really is benign to begin with? Perhaps the places where you are different, but no shows and last minute cancellations are bs to me.

Not to mention this is now waaayyyy off topic

Sorry guys, I view this one in a different way because of the close nature. Having not visited the school already, how would you even know... oh wait unless you are basing your top choice of some arbitrary stuff you read...:rolleyes:
If it's a week or more out, yea then I think it fits great so they can get someone else into that spot they worked hard to prepare.

There will be absolutely no relaxing. A productivity manager will be bitching about filling that spot last minute which leads to a tech making endless amounts of phone calls. Not to mention, how do you know it really is benign to begin with? Perhaps the places where you are different, but no shows and last minute cancellations are bs to me.

I sort of agree here. Usually 2 weeks notice is the respectful thing to do. Personal preference I suppose.

Which would a school prefer.

1. Late cancellation
2. Spending time on someone who is no longer interested in attending

I kind of get your logic.... Not really.

If you got accepted into your top choice where you'd still waste the other schools time by showing up and acting like you care? It would save the student and/or faculty interviewers time Even if they couldn't find another student to replace you.

Like for me I'm a Cali resident and would stay here no matter which school I got into. Is it wrong for me not to want to fly out to New York, pay for taxi/public transportation, bother a student host for a night, and interview even though there is 0 chance I'm going there?

Which would a school prefer.

1. Late cancellation
2. Spending time on someone who is no longer interested in attending

Clearly, we have different trains of thought.

For me, the obvious choice is Door No. 2. The school at this point in the game would still like nothing more than to prove to you that they are better than your "first choice."

I kind of get your logic.... Not really.

If you got accepted into your top choice where you'd still waste the other schools time by showing up and acting like you care? It would save the student and/or faculty interviewers time Even if they couldn't find another student to replace you.

Like for me I'm a Cali resident and would stay here no matter which school I got into. Is it wrong for me not to want to fly out to New York, pay for taxi/public transportation, bother a student host for a night, and interview even though there is 0 chance I'm going there?

+1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has some sense.

+1

If you were to get accepted then it would be foolish to go if there's no way you would end up matriculating.

However, doesn't look like that's going to be an issue, as it's now past 5 CST. :p

+1

Lol I think it's because he doesn't have a place he'd want to go to for sure so he's keeping an open mind. But for people like us who know where we want to go its common sense to not go out to a school and waste their time

If you were to get accepted then it would be foolish to go if there's no way you would end up matriculating.

However, doesn't look like that's going to be an issue, as it's now past 5 CST. :p

Lol I interviewed 2 weeks ago so I wasn't expecting anything. Just saying that its a waste of time for both parties. Only reason I'd go was if the airline didn't give refunds lol

tumblr_m5zq51sznv1qhihwm.gif

Yea :(

Lol I interviewed 2 weeks ago so I wasn't expecting anything. Just saying that its a waste of time for both parties. Only reason I'd go was if the airline didn't give refunds lol

Not to mention CsHead would probably lecture you for offending the airline.

I can just imagine the captain sobbing wondering why one of his passengers stood him up.

But seriously CsHead you are acting as if this kid got accepted into Harvard and was turning down Yale.

Sometimes it might be their superb school near home with in-state tuition allowing them to continue to serve their community and support their family. Versus a very expensive private school very far away where they cannot make a contribution to their community and cannot support their family. Hell what about all the non-trads who would rather not move their family and disrupt their childrens' schooling if they can avoid it? You just assume so much. Which is ironic since you are assuming that premeds assume their top choice is the best fit.

I agree with the two weeks notice. I mean if the interview is less than two weeks away then you probably already have a non-refundable plane or train ticket so you might as well check the place out. Also who knows, you may love the school or they may give you significant financial aid. I am firm believer in keeping you options open. That being said if you would absolutely not attend I don't think it is really wrong to be upfront and withdraw.

I agree with the two weeks notice. I mean if the interview is less than two weeks away then you probably already have a non-refundable plane or train ticket so you might as well check the place out. Also who knows, you may love the school or they may give you significant financial aid. I am firm believer in keeping you options open. That being said if you would absolutely not attend I don't think it is really wrong to be upfront and withdraw.

Tots, this is how I imagine you right now:

tumblr_lriek103P21qi5r5io1_500.gif