Cant wait for Oct. 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So jealous of EVMS applicants - they already can call in about acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm home for the weekend, and my mom just picked up the phone.

Mom: Honey, it's for you.
Me: *HOLY EFFING CHRIST*

*picks up phone*

Lady: Is this AiyaTuc?
Me: Yes.
Lady: I'd just like to ask you a few questions about the upcoming elections...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*picks up phone*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:D

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

*picks up phone*

:laugh:

*picks up phone*

hahaha

i used my home address as my mailing address bc it's more reliable and i'm expecting to get a letter either today or Monday, I told my mom to check our mail religiously today and she said "i'll end up getting it by tonight" DOES SHE NOT UNDERSTAND? BE THERE WHEN THE MAILMAN GETS THERE I AM NOT MESSING AROUND

hahaha

i used my home address as my mailing address bc it's more reliable and i'm expecting to get a letter either today or Monday, I told my mom to check our mail religiously today and she said "i'll end up getting it by tonight" DOES SHE NOT UNDERSTAND? BE THERE WHEN THE MAILMAN GETS THERE I AM NOT MESSING AROUND

I'm in the same situation. I won't be receiving the letter personally.

I'm in the same situation. I won't be receiving the letter personally.

ugh my parents are the worst. They will open my mail and then tell me a couple days later.

me: "hey mom whats up blah blah blah
mom: "oh you know, the usual...oh honey btw you got a letter last week from some school about something. I forgot to tell you lolz."
me:
v3BVM.png

ugh my parents are the worst. They will open my mail and then tell me a couple days later.

me: "hey mom whats up blah blah blah
mom: "oh you know, the usual...oh honey btw you got a letter last week from some school about something. I forgot to tell you lolz."
me:
v3BVM.png

I would die of laughter if my mom ever said that to me. :laugh:

I'm officially in the "I can't get any work done because my brain keeps reminding me every 5 minutes that October 15th is that much closer" stage. I'm supposed to hear from a couple schools the 15th/16th, but I'm interviewing all day the 15th (and I assume that it is considered inappropriate to accept a phone call in the middle of your interview...) in class all day the 16th (the phone thing applies as well when you are sitting in a seminar of 10 people...), and all mail gets directed back to the parents...

My friends are going to think I've actually gone crazy by the time this week is over.

I'm officially in the "I can't get any work done because my brain keeps reminding me every 5 minutes that October 15th is that much closer" stage. I'm supposed to hear from a couple schools the 15th/16th, but I'm interviewing all day the 15th (and I assume that it is considered inappropriate to accept a phone call in the middle of your interview...) in class all day the 16th (the phone thing applies as well when you are sitting in a seminar of 10 people...), and all mail gets directed back to the parents...

My friends are going to think I've actually gone crazy by the time this week is over.
i don't think you have anything to worry about, holy interviews!

I've been in this mode for a few days now. I'm supposed to hear from 3 schools each on 15/16/17 and I can't wait to find out. I also have class all day mon/wed which sucks especially when it's a small class but I plan to keep my phone on vibrate so I can walk out and answer it without making it obvious.

hahaha

So, some schools actually drop the letters in the mail prior to the 15th?? Is that a fact? I just figured they would be mailed on Monday, and we might receive a call and/or email notification.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, some schools actually drop the letters in the mail prior to the 15th?? Is that a fact? I just figured they would be mailed on Monday, and we might receive a call and/or email notification.
one school I interviewed at said they "might" drop them in yesterday the 12th, i suppose thinking then that we would receive them ON the 15th. my home address is about 10 mi away from the school so I thought i might receive it today potentially

one school I interviewed at said they "might" drop them in yesterday the 12th, i suppose thinking then that we would receive them ON the 15th. my home address is about 10 mi away from the school so I thought i might receive it today potentially

MCW, I presume? Good luck.

That's a very well-maintained MDapps page, Cheesewhiz. I applaud your efforts.

Why thank you! It certainly helps me keep my thoughts straight and I hope it is some benefit to others, if only as a procrastination tool :)

Good luck :xf:

I think I only have like 1 school that promised a decision on Oct. 15th and one that promised one on the 16th. The rest are up in the air - either they MAY accept starting Oct. 15th or have a date far off in the future.

:scared:

Good luck :xf:

I think I only have like 1 school that promised a decision on Oct. 15th and one that promised one on the 16th. The rest are up in the air - either they MAY accept starting Oct. 15th or have a date far off in the future.

:scared:

I'm sure you'll join the class of 2017 fast enough :) Hopefully I'll join your ranks in a few weeks!

I wish I had your problems, Tots--better yet, your interviews. :)

I'm waiting on three schools - one definitely on the 15th, one on the 16th, and one that will mail results on the 15th. With my lousy interview skills, I've prepared myself for the worst.

So how is everyone going to spend Sunday?

I think I need to go out in the woods, or somewhere that I have no phone signal or internet connection. That's what I should have done all weekend.

The waiting game is so nerve-wracking and I'm not even applying! I'll be doing this next year. Good luck all! Check in here next year. You'll know where to find me: sitting by the mailbox with my laptop and cell phone by my side.

Well, just had my phone stolen... I love losing my single guaranteed mode of contact with medial schools on the eve of one of the most terrifying days of my life. Now to send pathetic emails and voicemails to several schools explaining my lack of voice contact....

Well, just had my phone stolen... I love losing my single guaranteed mode of contact with medial schools on the eve of one of the most terrifying days of my life. Now to send pathetic emails and voicemails to several schools explaining my lack of voice contact....

Go pick up a loaner and activate it for tomorrow? It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Even more so, you're basically at the point of getting a guaranteed acceptance somewhere. You should be happy, not terrified.

This was me a couple of hours ago. Day drinking is the best. ;)

I think if I get an acceptance call I am going to follow in your footsteps and just spend the rest of the year in an alcoholic daze.

Less than 24hrs before the trajectory of many lives will be changed forever! How exciting!

You guys who will be getting phone calls are lucky, the school I am waiting for does snail mail. Good luck to all, I hope everyone waiting for an acceptance tomorrow gets one!!

So what does everyone's day look like tomorrow? Things to do?

I'm lucky/screwed in that the majority of my day tomorrow I'll be at work, so I'll be busy. The kicker is that I'll have no access to phone/email during work.

I'm just trying to stave off the panic & poop my pants feelings until tomorrow night. :(

I'm lucky/screwed in that the majority of my day tomorrow I'll be at work, so I'll be busy. The kicker is that I'll have no access to phone/email during work.

I'm just trying to stave off the panic & poop my pants feelings until tomorrow night. :(

Pharmacology exam, then probably off to a bar. :thumbup:

Class in the morning until about 1 o'clock, but if my phone (on vibrate of course) goes off in class, then I'm stepping out to answer it. And if it's good news, I'm coming back into class, throwing all of my things in the air, and acting like this:

Excited.gif

class in the morning until about 1 o'clock, but if my phone (on vibrate of course) goes off in class, then i'm stepping out to answer it. And if it's good news, i'm coming back into class, throwing all of my things in the air, and acting like this:

excited.gif

lmao

Class in the morning until about 1 o'clock, but if my phone (on vibrate of course) goes off in class, then I'm stepping out to answer it. And if it's good news, I'm coming back into class, throwing all of my things in the air, and acting like this:

Excited.gif

Well said.

In NYC with my best friend...I couldn't have planned this better, if I had to go to work I would probably never get anything done.

i have to work 8-4 tomorrow (no computer, I work as a care giver) then I'm driving to my home bc i'm leaving for an interview Tuesday (2 hour drive). this separation from the cyber world all day will be painful if I get accepted since all i'll want to do is blow up every social media site with happiness.

if I don't get accepted then eff the internet

In NYC with my best friend...I couldn't have planned this better, if I had to go to work I would probably never get anything done.
tots can I have your life? a million interviews and casually spending a day in NYC

I'll be in class all day so thankfully I'll be distracted from being in panic mode, I'll have my phone on vibrate the entire time. Not missing that call!! I've never wanted a Monday to come so much.