Cant wait for Oct. 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be in lab anxiously awaiting a possible call. I think only 2 of the places I interviewed would possibly notify us tomorrow. My PI just told me last week that he is disappointed that medical school is my 1st priority and my research is my last priority. I was like, cool story bro

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be in lab anxiously awaiting a possible call. I think only 2 of the places I interviewed would possibly notify us tomorrow. My PI just told me last week that he is disappointed that medical school is my 1st priority and my research is my last priority. I was like, cool story bro

My PI told me if I didn't get an early interview at the university/med school I work at to let him know and he'd call the dean cause he personally knows him. Got an II a few days later so no need for that, but just shows how different PI's can be.

My PI told me if I didn't get an early interview at the university/med school I work at to let him know and he'd call the dean cause he personally knows him. Got an II a few days later so no need for that, but just shows how different PI's can be.
your MDapps is.. incredible..

Members don't see this ad :)
My mom just told me I missed a call from some serious sounding guy, ahhhh probably some election bs.

He told me a few months ago he would make phone calls to his friends where I was applying. I don't think his connections had anything to do with admissions. Now he is all butthurt that I'm spending so much time away from lab on interviews.

Go pick up a loaner and activate it for tomorrow? It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Even more so, you're basically at the point of getting a guaranteed acceptance somewhere. You should be happy, not terrified.

Sorry. Freaked out and stress-posted. Thanks for the confidence!

your MDapps is.. incredible..
holy crap man. That is impressive
Thanks guys! I've had some free time :D

He told me a few months ago he would make phone calls to his friends where I was applying. I don't think his connections had anything to do with admissions. Now he is all butthurt that I'm spending so much time away from lab on interviews.

Yeah, my lab is petty chill. Normally there is one person gone every Friday for one reason or another so I do not think my PI minds. And he knew when he hired me that I was applying to med school so yeah.

My mom just told me I missed a call from some serious sounding guy, ahhhh probably some election bs.edit.....through google and caller id I connected him to a doctor, but he practices in Oregon and my interviews went only as far as Iowa.....what does it mean?! Lol .......fin A I call back and it's some doc for a moveon.org party. Fml

1) Text a hot girl/guy - depending on your sex and sexual orientation. That's an epic time waster....and might pay off.

2) Go to class or study. That seems like it's somewhat a good thing to do.

3) If nothing else I'll be your Words With Friends friend.

My mom just told me I missed a call from some serious sounding guy, ahhhh probably some election bs.edit.....through google and caller id I connected him to a doctor, but he practices in Oregon and my interviews went only as far as Iowa.....what does it mean?! Lol

Lol, I guess it means you get to keep waiting.

Is this normal:

Every 15 minutes or so I remember that tomorrow some crazy stuff is about to go down - I then have a sudden urge to yell/scream/pretend I'm boxing someone/chase my cat/jump up and down.

Anyone else experiencing these symptoms? I would appreciate a run through and your differential diagnosis.

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely look forward to it; however, I'm not going to be doing the "GREAT NEWS, GUYS! I'M GONNA BE A XYZ! WOOOOO!" facebook/twitter posts...

Whether it is about being a doctor, pharmacist, or dentist -- those posts always make me cringe. Right along with the folks changing their profile pics to them in a white coat and/or with a stethoscope around their neck.

Haha. Thank. You. They make me cringe too. Especially the pics. YOU'RE NOT A DOCTOR YET.

Is this normal:

Every 15 minutes or so I remember that tomorrow some crazy stuff is about to go down - I then have a sudden urge to yell/scream/pretend I'm boxing someone/chase my cat/jump up and down.

Anyone else experiencing these symptoms? I would appreciate a run through and your differential diagnosis.

You're the second person today that I've read writing about cats.... Is this the type of person that SDN attracts? Should I go buy a cat??

Haha. Thank. You. They make me cringe too. Especially the pics. YOU'RE NOT A DOCTOR YET.

Yea but surely a status thats like "finally got accepted to medical school!" or "just got accepted to med school" is warranted? Working your ass off for 4 years should at least give you that much lol.

Oct. 15th is dictated by the AMCAS traffic rules. Found here: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/recommendations/62826/policies_admissionofficers.html

3. Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle. It may be appropriate to communicate notifications of decisions other than acceptance to medical school to applicants prior to October 15.

I have no idea why they choose Oct. 15th though, if that is what you were asking. :D

Also, most schools' primary application deadline is Oct. 15th. It keeps applicants from applying to one or a few schools only. It maintains the competition.

If you interview at your first choice and get an early acceptance, would you even bother applying to other schools? Most would say "No". EDP is for those who know they would only attend the one school.

PS: Didn't realize there were 5 pages when I replied. LOL! So in case it hasn't been answered/clarified.

Last edited:
Going to a 730 AM interview! Haha at least ill be distracted

Yea but surely a status thats like "finally got accepted to medical school!" or "just got accepted to med school" is warranted? Working your ass off for 4 years should at least give you that much lol.

Introverts jus' mirin'.

will you really!?

Sure. I honestly suck since I'm too lazy to play it like a complex chess game.

"Oh, hahahahaha, I'll play BALLS rather than BALLISTIC because it's funny."

Last edited:
Oh man... you guys have been going crazy the last few days....

I'm glad I already had my edge taken off by calling in a few weeks ago.. but yea... can't wait to distract myself with volunteering/work/drinking/eating/running/working-out all next week...

I think I know which school that is ;D It was odd starting the interview day before the run even came up.

hahah yeah it should be interesting. Sounds like people have had good experiences there so far so it'll be fun!(I think)

Last edited:
I just finished interviews last week. No way am I going to get my status tomorrow. Good luck to those who interviewed much, much earlier than I.

Bummer, the status page didn't auto-update when the clock struck 12.

So what does everyone's day look like tomorrow? Things to do?(

Two upper div science midterms, a paper due that I haven't started yet, and a presentation that I haven't prepared for yet. I'll be adequately distracted to say the least. :scared:

Is it a good idea to call schools first thing in the morning to ask about the decision or should too see if we get a call from the school/interviewer(s)?! Trying to keep my expectations in check! :)

Is it a good idea to call schools first thing in the morning to ask about the decision or should too see if we get a call from the school/interviewer(s)?! Trying to keep my expectations in check! :)

Wait for a call.

Times-Square-Ball-Drop.jpg

The hour is nigh...

Good luck to us all from this point forward. Many of us will get our first acceptances tomorrow in which case I will promptly stop studying for all tests, stop showing up to classes, and start partying like a comm major...

Good luck all,
Warick

Don't call schools first thing unless they told you to. That just seems a little pushy.

You east coast people are funny. It is still only 10:34 here on the west coast. You are all celebrating like it is new years eve. I am going to bed. I have work to go to in the morning.

Maybe I am not as stressed because I already have two acceptances from DO schools. I know that I am going to med school next fall. Now the only question is where. I am still looking to hear from Phoenix tomorrow. At least I hope that I do.

dsoz

I don't even know where I should be expecting to hear from, if anywhere. Hopefully I get a call from admissions/mom/dad sometime this week!

Good luck, everyone!

And hit me up on WWF if you're bored. TicTucTo

I don't even know where I should be expecting to hear from, if anywhere. Hopefully I get a call from admissions/mom/dad sometime this week!

Good luck, everyone!

And hit me up on WWF if you're bored. TicTucTo

+1

It's hard to keep track of which schools release decisions on what day via what medium... I should have taken notes during those info sessions! :)

Oh the torture, lol, so my phone doesn't ring and suddenly I have a voicemail. Immediately upset with my poor cellphone service. Excitedly listen to the voicemail only to find out it wasn't even for me. It was a rental car place calling for a family member. :(