Cardiology 2009-2010 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Brigham interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview from UT Memphis. Any input/views about the program would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Today: Michigan
Interviews:
UW
OHSU
UCSF
Stanford
Kaiser
UC Davis
Colorado
Michigan
NW
Pittsburgh
Duke
UNC
Hopkins
Brown

Waiting: BIDMC, BWH, Mayo, Minnesota, CPMC

Anyone already got interviews from:

-Mayo/Rochester
-BID/boston
-Cleveland
-Cornell
-Mount Sinai
???

Good luck to all of you!
:cool:

Interviews:
Duke
OHSU
Emory
UMichigan
UWash
UTSW
Cleveland Clinic
Brigham

Rejections:
Mass Gen
Hopkins
UPenn
Wash U

best of luck to everyone

Hit by another rejection today, U of washington. Febuary so far has only been my rejection month. :confused:

Invite from Saint Louis University

Lots of rejections past couple days

has anyone heard from Indiana, Kansas, UMKC, Minnesota, Wayne State, William Beaumont, Iowa??

Interview from UT Memphis. Any input/views about the program would be appreciated.
This is a horrible program, please read my old posts...One should probably not do cardiology fellowship than doing it at UT Memphis...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hit by another rejection today, U of washington. Febuary so far has only been my rejection month. :confused:
IV from UW..
Got plenty rejections this week as well..which places rejected you so far?
Rejection: Hopkins, NW, UCSD, UCI, WU, Michigan, Nebraska, Duke, MGH, BW

IV from UW..
Got plenty rejections this week as well..which places rejected you so far?
Rejection: Hopkins, NW, UCSD, UCI, WU, Michigan, Nebraska, Duke, MGH, BW

IV or RE?
I got rejection from Baylor, U W, Hopkin. I did not hear any message from the rest of programs that I applied to! Even though people here have got IV from some of the programs. :mad:

This is another program that is very bad, almost on the verge of closing down...It went unmatched last year...

One weak fellowship usu. means other weak fellowships at the same place.

(I think)

Can anyone comment on programs which might be considered "bad"? For instance, some mentioned SLU and UT Memphis. Any other programs on the verge of losing accreditation or known for poor training?

rejection from university of Iowa saying that they are gonna interview only local candidate this year :rolleyes:

Rejection of U of Iowa. Exact same message as Defibrillator got.

Rejection of U of Iowa. Exact same message as Defibrillator got.
Thank you for your interest in our Cardiovascular Disease Training program at
the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. We have decided to only extend
interview offers to local candidates this year as we have limited positions
for this academic year. We wish you luck in your search for a suitable
training program.

:smuggrin:

same msg. they shouldve mentioned this on their website so i wouldnt have wasted my $25.

Thank you for your interest in our Cardiovascular Disease Training program at
the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. We have decided to only extend
interview offers to local candidates this year as we have limited positions
for this academic year. We wish you luck in your search for a suitable
training program.

:smuggrin:

I interviewed there last year. Very good program, but I think they expanded too much in their PGY5-6 years, and hence now have to cut back on their spots for PGY4.
too bad..

Cardsmacha you are a disgrace to IMGs with your thoughtless, irresponsible and inflammatory posts. You are just one of those jealous people who cannot bear to see others AMG or IMG do better than you. I am that chosen IMG you can vent and rant to.
Yes it is harder to get a competitive fellowship as an IMG, but NOT impossible. True if a PD sees a CV of equal weight from AMG or IMG he will choose the AMG because they don't want to deal with visa issues and such like.
It is NOT the fault of AMGs that they were born here and are citizens and therefore at a competitive advantage.
As an IMG currently in my 3rd year of fellowship I was appalled to read your post. It was uncouth like all your posts and does little to enhance the utility of this forum. We all came here of our own free will. NOBODY dragged me here in chains and forced me do a residency and fellowship. Life is no bed of roses and ranting and raving at folks like yourself who have nothing to do with selection processes just shows you in poor light.

I would have appreciated this more if you would have not gotten a fellowship and then would have said all this. It is very easy to lecture when you already have what makes other people frustrated. It's a free country and people will say whatever they feel like as long as it is not directed towards an individual unlike your post. So I suggest you should come down from your high horse.

On a lighter note it has been a nice year so far.:)

Columbia interview

Iowa rejection
Baylor dallas rejection
UCSF rejection
Georgetown rejection

Last edited:
UCLA rejection..

Interviews: UCSF, UCSD, Michigan, Utah, Arizona, U of Washington, Northwestern

Rejections: MGH, UCLA

Waitlist: Hopkins

Did any of you guys hear from New york or louisiana :confused:

Has anyone heard from UF, UM (Jackson Memorial), or University of South Florida?

This is a horrible program, please read my old posts...One should probably not do cardiology fellowship than doing it at UT Memphis...
You are right statin,one of my friend was a third year resident there when two of the cardiology fellows got abducted at gun point......2007 :cool:

Does this mean UT Memphis would be a dangerous place for medical school and residency?

What number of folks do programs tend to interview? I've heard between 30 and 50. Not a lot!

Does this mean UT Memphis would be a dangerous place for medical school and residency?

I agree, UT Memphis is a horrible program, the cardiology PD is the most narcissistic and rude person I've met with. I interviewed there last year and was told by the current fellows that if given rechance they will not pick UT Memphis again, and I did hear about the fellows kidnaping story.
I'm currently doing a heart failure fellowship and have not applied to UT this year.

Has anyone received confirmation of their interview date from Columbia? Replied last week, and wanted to make sure the email went through.

Thanks!

Generally a program will interview 7-10 candidates per available spot.

Has anyone received confirmation of their interview date from Columbia? Replied last week, and wanted to make sure the email went through.

Thanks!

yea, got it today.

Cornell dates:February 25;March 2;March 23;April 6; April 8;April 15;April 19

IVs :thumbup:
Hopkins, Penn, MGH, Duke, Cornell, Yale, Northwestern, Emory, UVA, Darthmouth, Pittsburgh, BU

No word from: BWH, Columbia, Sinai, BIDMC

has anyone heard from umdnj-newark, umdnj-nb, Einstein, lenox hill, or st. vincents?

Hey everyone - does anyone have any insight to the difference between the two Case programs - i.e. the UH program and the Metro program? Thanks.

Interviews: Hopkins, NYP-Cornell, Brigham and Women's.

Last edited: