Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3 in the last 2 weeksAre y'all still getting interview invites?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
3 in the last 2 weeksAre y'all still getting interview invites?
The Struggle is real! I think a good number of us are in the same boat...
The most recent was last week. Rejections on the otherhand, everyday.Are y'all still getting interview invites?
Coming over from the heme/onc forums to post here. I've gotta say, it's been pretty entertaining watching your freak out mirror our freak out over in the heme/onc world lol.
Just wanted to post this ERAS Statistics here for you guys. Cards this year got over 100 more applicants with each one sending considerably more applications than normal. Seems like this year is just wacky for you guys
This would be for last year, as it was as of April of 2020, if I am reading this correctly?
I emailed a program last week and they told me to be patient and they are planning to continue to review and extend interviews through the end of October. And considering there are still new updates from 9/25 I'd say some more may continue to trickle in for the next few weeks. But I guess we'll see!At what point do we basically just say no more interviews are coming? Also it seems like a lot of IMGs are doing really good with interviews. I am an AMG so I find this surprising that many of us do not have too many.
Howard University 9/28Kinda busy this week, just got to compile and post all our interview invites updates till now:
please reply if missing any thing. thanks guys. 🙂
AMG
8/14: Loma Linda
8/16: North Shore LIJ
8/17: UNC, Yale Bridgeport, Yale
8/18: Rochester, UT Houston
8/19: Buffalo, USF Tampa, LAC+USC
8/20: Mayo Rochester, Stony Brook, Stanford, Arizona Tucson
8/21: Medstar Georgetown, U Michigan, Dartmouth, Ochsner, U Kentucky
8/24: UVA, Duke, BU, UCSD, UTSW, Texas Tech El Paso, LSU, Tulane
8/25: MUSC, UPMC, Mt. Sinai-Miami, Ohio State, BWH, UF Jacksonville, Lehigh
8/26: Jefferson, GW, UF Jacksonville, Minnesota
8/27: Washington U (Barnes-Jewish), Indiana, Cornell, UCLA, UF Gainesville, Scripps, UC Irvine, Texas Heart Baylor
8/28: UK, UNC, Ohio state, U Arizona Tucson, Penn State Hershey, Cedars Sinai, BID, Henry Ford, Vanderbilt, Albany, Kaiser LA
8/31: CCF, U Minnesota, North Shore LIJ, UK, U Vermont, U Wisconsin, U Cincinnati, Wake Forest, Utah, HonorHealth Scottsdale, California Pacific
9/1: Allegheny Health, Iowa, Tufts, UC Davis, Northwestern, Robert woods Johnson, Scripps clinic, U Colorado, U Chicago
9/2: Mt Sinai/NYC, Baylor Houston, CCF, carillon, Inova, Emory, John Hopkins, Case Western UH, UCSF
9/3: VCU, Case Western UH, U Michigan, Summa/NEOMED, U Washington
9/4: NYU, U Missouri-Kansas City, Ascension Providence, Creighton, Beaumont-Royal Oak, Dartmouth, LSU-Main, Temple
9/8: Indiana, Medical College of Georgia, Stony Brook, Rutgers-Newark, Loyola, Florida Atlantic, Prisma Health, Houston Methodist-Debakey
9/9: Tulane, Guthier PA, rush, UPMC, Maine Med, Nebraska, Winthrop, aurora st luke
9/10: southern Illinois
9/11: Ohio state, Yale, MGH, rush
9/13: Maine med center, U Maryland, Cooper
9/14: UCLA harbor, wake forest, westChester
9/15: UPenn
9/16: U illinois Peoria, UC riverside, U Illinois chicago, Texas Heart institute
9/17: Duke, Northside HCA/USF, Oklahoma, UPMC, Washington U Consortium, NYU Presby Queens
9/18: South Dakota, Florida Largo
9/21: UC Irvine, UAB, Innova Fairfax
9/22: mt Sinai bronx care, Corpus Christi HCA, UToledo
9/23: Albany, coney island,
9/24: Case western Metrohealth
9/25: Stoney Brooks
DO:
8/14: Loma Linda
8/18: Morristown, U Rochester
8/19: Memorial FL, Buffalo
8/20: Reading
8/26: Parkview CO
9/1: Univ Kentucky
9/2: UC Davis, John Hopkins, Austin dell
9/3: MSU (Mclaren-Greater Lansing), Rowan
9/4: Broward Health
9/6: WVU
9/8: UT-Memphis, Prisma Health, UCLA-Harbor, FAU, Loyola, Houston-Methodist
9/9: Christiana Care, LSU, Baylor Dallas, morehouse
9/11: UT San Antonio
9/14: U Miami
9/16: NBI
9/17: USF Morsani Northside
9/18: Mclauren Macomb, Albany, Florida Largo
9/21: Beaumont Farmington
9/22: Aventura
9/23: maimonides
9/24: Ascension Macomb – Oakland, Deborah Heart, VCU
9/25: Garden City Hosptial, Thomas Jefferson
IMG:
8/13: OHSU
8/14: Hawaii
8/17: Geisinger
8/18: Rochester, UConn, Memorial FL, UT Houston
8/20: U Arizona Tucson
8/21: Medstar Georgetown, Ochsner
8/24: Mayo FL, UConn Hartford, Spectrum, UT Houston, UMass, Texas Tech El Paso
8/25: UPMC, Mt. Sinai Miami, Univ of Iowa
8/26: Campbell University, Nebraska, Minnesota, Baylor Houston, George Washington University
8/27: Advocate Illinois Masonic, university of Florida, Cornell, UCLA
8/28: Penn State Hershey, BID, UK, Brandon regional
8/29: U Tennessee-Knoxville
8/31: NUMC, Parkview, Nassau, Loma Linda, USF/Bayonet Point, Tower Health, UF Jacksonville, Magnolia Regional Health
9/1: U Iowa, Northwestern, U Maryland
9/2: Mt Sinai/NYC, Bassett MC, U Florida, case western. Orlando Health, Mercy One Iowa, Kaiser SF
9/3: Broward Health, Orange Park Medical Center, St. Elizabeth Medical Center, MCW
9/4: U Missouri-Kansas City, Inova, Ascension Providence, Creighton, Danbury, U Missouri-Columbia, Baylor Scott and White-Round Rock
9/6: WVU
9/8: SUNY Downstate, SLU, UC Davis, UConn-Farmington, U Wisconsin, Coney Island, Lankenau, U Illinois-Peoria, Indiana University, U Miami
9/9: UCLA Harbor, Christiana Care, FAU, Montefiore Einstein NY
9/10: UConn Hartford, SIU, NYU langone
9/11: JFK, Texas tech El Paso, MGH, WVU.
9/13: Ascension St. John
9/14: UPMC, vidant Ecu, medical city, westChester
9/15: mt Sinai morningside, mCW
9/16: Danbury, newark BI, Danbury, baylor plano, northshore Evaston IL, Newark beth isreal, UC riverside, Kettering, SIU
9/17: Northside HCA/USF, Mayo AZ, UM JFK
9/18: Cook County, Marshall WV
9/21: St Luke PA, UMissouri Columbia
9/22: NYU Presby Brooklyn Methodist, UT Chattanooga, SUNY Downstate, Aventura
9/23: Mayo Scottsdale, U Mississippi,
9/24: VCU, Albany
9/25:
IMG requiring VISA:
8/12: UConn-Hartford (J1)
8/19: Memorial FL
8/24: Augusta, Spectrum
8/25: Iowa medical center- Mercy Des Moines, OHSU
8/26: U of Michigan, Oakland Mercy Detroit, Nebraska, GW, U Kansas, U Kentucky (J1), U Minnesota (H1B), Tufts (H1B)
8/27: Advocate Illinois Masonic, U Arizona (Phoenix)
8/28: Henry Ford, UK
8/31: CCF, University of Oklahoma, Einstein Philly
9/1: Allegany, U Wisconsin, U Iowa
9/2: UCSF, Kaiser SF, Johns Hopkins
9/3: University of Toledo, VCU (J1), MCW (J1)
9/4: UConn-Farmington (J1), Creighton (J1), Beaumont-Royal Oak (J1), temple (j1)
9/6: WVU (J1, H1B)
9/8: SLU (J1), East Tennessee (J1), Loyola (J1), Houston Methodist-Debakey (J1, H1B), UT-Memphis (J1), UConn-Farmington (J1), Rutgers-Newark (J1), East Carolina University (J1)
9/9: UPMC (H), Christiana Care (j), UT San Antonio(j), Tulane (j), ascension St John Detroit (j), USC LA (H)
9/10: morningside bronxcare (j), aurora st Luke (j), Hennepin/Abbott (j), Moorehouse (j), mercy st Vincent (j/h), UM JFK (j), UK bowling green (j), WVU (j), UT San Antonio (j).
9/14: Umiami/Jackson (j), westChester (j)
9/15: Case western (metrohealth) IMG no visa. UK bowling green.
9/16: (All J1) baylor plano, medcollege georg/augusta, UC riverside, southern illinois university, Newark beth isreal
9/17: Charleston Medical Center WV (J), UArkansas MS (J1&H1), Mainline/Lankanau (J1), UWisconsin (J1), NYU Presby Queens
(J1)
9/18: Cook County (J), Lahey (H)
9/21: Beaumont Farmington (j)
9/22: SUNY downstate (j), LSU Shreveport -j1, UTMB Galveston-j, St John Ascension Detroit - j
9/23: LSU – H1, UTMB Galveston – J1
9/24: Mt sinai Beth isreal – j1, Metrohealth – j1
Rejections:
8/13: NUMC
8/18: U Chicago
8/21: Case Western (IMG), NUMC
8/24: Boston University
8/25: Duke, UMass, Mayo-Rochester
8/26: Kaiser SF
8/27: U Chicago, UCSD, Columbia
8/28: Loma Linda, U Kentucky
8/31: UK
9/1: Geisinger, University Texas-Austin Dell
9/2: Palmetto, George Washington, U Kansas
9/3: UF-Gainesville, Brown, U Arizona-Tucson, U Washington
9/4: Boston U, Northwestern, UCSF
9/8: Creighton
9/9: montefiore
9/11: LSU, Deborah
9/14: Brown University
9/15: Uwisconsin, UTennessee, advocate Lutheran
9/16: UNM, rush, loyola, mgh, deborah
9/17: Washington U, UKentucky, Innova Fairfax, Loyola
9/18: UConn-Farmington, NYU Winthrop
9/21: Morehouse, Indiana Univeristy, U Michigan
9/22: Huston Methodist, UMaryland
9/23: UC Davis, LSU Shreveport
9/24: UVA, scripps, BIDMC, MarylandU
You will likely need more than a few hours as most are a little longer than half a day. It’s better to take the day off so that you are not rushed for time and you can concentrate on the program you are interviewing instead of thinking about other tasks.Hi everyone, I'm curious, how long have the interview sessions been going on for? Did you have to take the day off from work or could you just be excused for a few hours?
Good to know. Ty!You will likely need more than a few hours as most are a little longer than half a day. It’s better to take the day off so that you are not rushed for time and you can concentrate on the program you are interviewing instead of thinking about other tasks.
My home institution is strongly preferring internal candidates.Now that we all have some interviews under our belts, anyone have any sense from their PDs whether the preference for internal applicants will still be a thing. I feel like Zoom interviews went smoother than anticipated and maybe they will not favor internal applicants as much, but haven't heard from anyone
Isn’t that always the case for placesMy home institution is strongly preferring internal candidates.
I guess no more interviews? I don't believe everyone got rejections from the programs listed on the rejection list. Is there hope that programs will still send out more interviews?
I've had a few come the past 2 weeks, dont give up hope yet!I guess no more interviews? I don't believe everyone got rejections from the programs listed on the rejection list. Is there hope that programs will still send out more interviews?
Isn’t that always the case for places
I agree. Its pretty depressing actually. Have not heard from a new program in weeks. This is a really weird cycle. Places I could have sworn I would have gotten interviews I have not got. Really wonder how this will play into chance of matching and spots that will end up not being filled.
This year in particular.
My theory.
It's cheaper to apply. Each program got more applicants per spot (this I do know), especially at the "top tier" places. Thus, these places can interview the same number of applicants but have an even more competitive applicant pool to choose from.
I agree but the overall applicant pool has not increased to this extent. The same people are interviewing over and over again. I really do think a lot of places are going to go unfilled.
I’ve heard there’s more applicants this year and applications per applicantI agree with you completely. It's not that there are more applicants, it's that the applicant pool is the same size but you can simply apply to more programs for cheap. Programs are selecting those same "elite" applicants leaving the good/mediocre applicants SOL. I think we will see some unfilled programs this year like you said.
One thing is for sure; I'm glad I'm not applying this year. Good luck everyone.
Nope. I still haven't heard from a lot of places though. Including places others have already gotten either invites or rejections. So I'm not sure what is going on, but considering rank deadline is approaching in nearly a month I'd anticipate we will find out things one way or another soon. Sorry, not a helpful response for your direct question but I think many of us are in the same curiosity boat.Has anyone heard from wayne state?
I’ve heard there’s more applicants this year and applications per applicant
Application volumes are up 30-40% at many places.
I have been sending thank you emails to PDs and PCs only. Did not hear back from any PDs though.Hi all, new poster here (out of frustration).
Applied to dozens of programs, but haven't heard back from the majority of them, including several programs that are on the list of having sent responses out. I did just get an interview offer today (!?!), and it seemed like an "unvitation" - "we just had a spot open up tomorrow, do you want to interview?"
Is it worthwhile e-mailing programs to reaffirm my interest in the program/check on the status of my application, or is it a lost cause/seen as a nuisance? If so, thoughts on what to say/who to send it to?
What is everyone's thoughts regarding post-interview thank you e-mails? Who are you sending them to? Would you send one to the PD even if he/she did not interview you?
Since I'm losing hope already, what are some backup plans if you don't end up matching?
I still think the applicant pool is the same number.Application volumes are up 30-40% at many places.
I think if it's significant, it wouldn't hurt.If you end up getting either a publication or a poster accepted mid application cycle is it ok to update programs you have interviewed about this?
I would rather do home call. For our first year, we do 50 home call. Don't need to go in unless it's someone critically ill. We round on Saturday/Sunday as the on call fellow but typically get out of the hospital between 10 and 1 depending on the attending and census. I only had to go in like 5-8 times during the year, the rest you can just give recs over the phone and sign it out in the morning.Pros/Cons of Night Float vs Traditional Call? I think I'd rather do a few weeks of nights as compared to 40 something 24-28hr calls, but am I missing something?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.