Career Changer Course Repeat Question

Started by migvsu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Or you could re take at a community college, which wouldn't be a big deal especially if you are going to take some upper level biology courses from the university.
 
Hi All,
I graduated with a business degree in 2012. I took a couple of science courses during my undergrad because I thought I may want to seriously pursue medicine at some point after graduation. I transferred colleges after my freshman year. Unfortunately, I took general biology and received a C+ as a freshman. The school I transferred to and graduated from gave me credit for this course but will not allow me to retake it. I am leaning more toward DO schools due to the grade replacement. Any ideas how to retake this course? I want to relearn this content for the MCAT.

I could retake the course at the university I attended as a freshman since they allow retakes regardless of grade. Would that be my best best?

Retake it wherever is convenient. Med schools don't care about your school's policy. A retake doesn't have to be at the same school.