Career Changer Program Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurodc4

Reaction score
I am currently applying to premed post-baccalaureate programs. In doing so, I have noticed there is often information available on GPA minimums, but rarely minimum or recommended GRE, ACT/SAT scores.

My ACT score was lame so I am taking the GRE. So far, Quant = 34th percentile, Verbal = 73rd percentile, AWA = 4. I received an A in College Algebra and have worked in computational biology research for 3.5 years (frequently employing statistical modeling) during/post-college, so am wondering if that may be able to supplant my (also lame) quant GRE score. Cumulative GPA 3.5.

Thoughts whether it sounds like a tossed application or additional consideration?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently applying to premed post-baccalaureate programs. In doing so, I have noticed there is often information available on GPA minimums, but rarely minimum or recommended GRE, ACT/SAT scores.

My ACT score was lame so I am taking the GRE. So far, Quant = 34th percentile, Verbal = 73rd percentile, AWA = 4. I received an A in College Algebra and have worked in computational biology research for 3.5 years (frequently employing statistical modeling) during/post-college, so am wondering if that may be able to supplant my (also lame) quant GRE score. Cumulative GPA 3.5.

Thoughts whether it sounds like a tossed application or additional consideration?

I just finished a career changer post-bacc and I know for the program I attended the recommended GRE score was >50%. I think I was sitting comfortably at ~60th and ~80th percentile for each section. My program was moderately competitive but definitely not one of the more difficult programs to get into. I wouldn't say scrap it, but I'd definitely work on getting your score up a bit if you can! Good luck and feel free to reach out with any other questions. I am applying to schools now and would say I was really successful with the post-bacc route.