CBSE February 8, 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Our scores were so atrocious NBME is trying to figure out what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Lol so I guess I'll just dive back into the reviews starting this weekend. Maybe by the registration deadline for august we'll get these scores! Think positive!

Just called and spoke to John. He said that they haven’t even received scores from NBME yet. He said he suspects it’s due to a couple of centers being closed and they won’t release scores until they do their statistical analysis on ALL test takers. He said he has no idea when he’ll hear from them, but he’ll let us know via email if he doesn’t have it by Friday.
Wait so are they still waiting to get scores from some test centers or are they doing stats now? This is a joke

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so are they still waiting to get scores from some test centers or are they doing stats now? This is a joke
What number did you use to get in touch with John. Every time I attempted to call it would make the fax noise.

He said he doesn’t know what’s going on. NBME does everything (including that stats) and then just sends the scores over to him. They could be waiting for scores or they could be doing stats. He made it seem like he doesn’t do anything except make them available to us as soon as he receives them.

What number did you use to get in touch with John. Every time I attempted to call it would make the fax noise.
Whatever number was at the bottom of the last email I got from John London. I called and some lady picked up and I asked about scores and she transferred me over to him.

Reactions: 1 user
They’re gunna sit on them until 2022 then we all get a P

Reactions: 3 users
Rumor has it that John London told @Likkriue that he scored too high on the test and now the people over at NBME have to rescore the exams. Who knows though...

• Haha
i get that NBME is dropping the ball here, but AAOMS needs to update the page that says we’ll get scores within a week... especially because these extended waits have happened in the past too

Reactions: 1 users
Seems the longer wait is the new normal. I get it with inclement weather in the winter, but in August I wasn’t sure what the hold up was. I agree that they need to either make it work and get them done in a more timely manner or update the small print

not to be dramatic but are you frickin kidding me.....?????

Guys, relax. The same thing happened in August. JL is probably just as eager to get these out as you are.

On the bright side, as long as these scores aren’t out there’s still hope in that you got a high enough score not to rewrite. I’ll take that hope over a ****ty score any day

Tom is the day I feel it! Anyone else feel it? Every time I get a new email my heart drops.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most likely this Friday lol.

hopefully it’s on Friday so we can all binge drink over the weekend.

Reactions: 4 users
hopefully it’s on Friday so we can all binge drink over the weekend.
Only if we can have pamcakes at Ben’s Diner after
7F7C3404-3DCA-4106-97C9-0588DA49A545.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone in/close to Philadelphia, PA: We will be boycotting the NBME center on 37th and Market tomorrow at noon. Bring your own pitchforks and torches.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 7 users
What are the chances we get the big email on Weekend day?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ JL TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Reactions: 4 users
I emailed JL. He’s waiting to hear back from nbme, as soon as he hears something he’ll send us a notification

Don’t get your hopes up or this weekend will suck lol

Last year feb cbse took a month. I checked the old threads.
because there was a snowstorm in the NE and many prometric centers had to close on the day the cbse was supposed to be given.

There’s no explanation this year.

Attachments

• C61B90C3-C14A-4AA9-957D-DDF2F8DC658B.jpeg
    C61B90C3-C14A-4AA9-957D-DDF2F8DC658B.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 186
I have emailed and called NBME and they give the same answer. They don't really understand what I am talking about. They say that the scores will be sent to your medical school 48-72 hours after the close of the testing window. I tried to explain that I'm a dental student and I know that we don't receive scores through our school, but from a separate body that receives them from NBME and they just say they don't know.

Out scores are lost forever

79, done with this exam thank god. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
It won’t accept my login. Do I need to email them? I don’t even know who to email?

It won’t accept my login. Do I need to email them? I don’t even know who to email?
try closing your browser window or get on your laptop instead of your phone, stuff like that. Mine did that a couple times back in August when I kept refreshing all day but I don’t think anything was actually wrong, it just wasn’t loading right.

Wahoo finally got in!! 88 so over this thing!!

Reactions: 6 users
Is the 3 digit score conversion basically the same or did they put out a new one?

Done with this exam. Good luck to everyone taking it in the future. This exam absolutely sucks, and studying for it while managing dental school stuff was insane.

Last edited:
Adjustments.JPG

This is the conversion table I received in August, so I would go by this.

80 btw, let’s go!!!

Does anyone have info on what percentages omfs applicants have which score ranges or anything like that?

congrats everyone!!! feels unreal to be officially DONE

Where do I log in lol?

For those of you who did well, congrats. Would you mind sharing how long you studied and what resources you used. I am currently using first aid , boards and beyond, pathoma, u world and anki to study it all. Advice ? Helpful tips? Goal is obvi as high as possible hoping for an 80+

For those of you who did well, congrats. Would you mind sharing how long you studied and what resources you used. I am currently using first aid , boards and beyond, pathoma, u world and anki to study it all. Advice ? Helpful tips? Goal is obvi as high as possible hoping for an 80+
I am also taking it in August . Been studying for 3 months and haven’t taken it before.