CBSE February 8, 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it’s gonna be a cruel joke if they drop scores tomorrow lol

It's supposed to be tomorrow according to here:

Under 'Who will receive my examination score?'

Members don't see this ad.

It's usually the Friday after. Should be tomorrow so buckle up boys and girls

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody know what time they send the email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Food for thought, making the cbse P/F according to med school standards means a minimum score of 67/194. I think the average matching is like a 65 or something.

Trust me it would suck failing it. This ain’t the dental boards where you could study for a week and pass. So yeah making it p/f Would be pretty drastic and not good.

The CBSE is a separate exam with a separate purpose, I doubt anything will change unless AAOMS decides they want a different way to differentiate applicants and I doubt that will happen.
Can we as dental students or dentist able to USMLE step 1 ? Or do we need to do medical school for it ?

Any word of when the scores are coming out?
Asking for a friend. LOL

You guys got me checking my email every 30 min now j feel like they won’t be out for 2 weeks lol

Guess not today...

August’s scores were sent at 4:39pm (though it was Monday) so you never know. It’s not an automated system that sends at a specific time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the east coast got hit pretty hard with snow last weekend. We might be facing the February winter weather curse again. Trying to control my stomach dropping at each new email I get is going horribly regardless.

If I was a betting man it will be next week. I hope I’m wrong.

@Life of Pablo I think they sent this to the wrong email..? Wanted to forward it your way :p ;)
23.png

Reactions: 12 users
AAOMS says you have 10 days to report any incidents that occurred during your exam, so maybe they don't send scores until the 11th day?

AAOMS says you have 10 days to report any incidents that occurred during your exam, so maybe they don't send scores until the 11th day?
I think they’ve released scores by next Friday before. Question is if there are people left to take this Saturday. If not I have no idea why they would delete scores over today or Monday

@Life of Pablo I think they sent this to the wrong email..? Wanted to forward it your way :p ;)
Lmaoooo dead. Didn't want to make anyone feel too bad by scoring too high ;) Especially this guy:

Oof, gonna need a good life story along with that one Pablo

Word on the street is he has a tendency to sleep through perio quizzes. Luckily pablo is there to wake him up :diebanana:

Reactions: 3 users
Are we thinkin Monday or Tuesday? Because of the holiday

Last February we waited like almost a month, it was awful.

Maybe they literally have no clue how to curve it cause everyone got demolished and are wondering what to do lol

I hope they find the biggest curve available.

The curve is preset. It was determined before you even took it. The curve was created based on how previous students performed on all of the questions. The questions on the exam were from Step 1 exams previously administered to medical students.

Anyone else hate how we check scores? Wish there was a password...

The curve is preset. It was determined before you even took it. The curve was created based on how previous students performed on all of the questions. The questions on the exam were from Step 1 exams previously administered to medical students.

Yeah I know. Just being funny and optimistic

Where is this information coming from?
It would be nice to know if we should be studying the most recent material or not

Friend called on Friday. They said scores should be out middle of next week or Friday (2/21) at the latest.

Reactions: 9 users
If it’s precurved I don’t understand why it takes so long....

This organization needs to be more accountable to the students it overcharges and stresses out.

Reactions: 5 users
Haha I kinda agree with you guys. This whole range of a month is kinda embarrassing. There’s only like what 200-300 of us taking it? Makes no sense unless they just waiting to get out of the 10 day window or if a few people had to push back exam a week.

Haha I kinda agree with you guys. This whole range of a month is kinda embarrassing. There’s only like what 200-300 of us taking it? Makes no sense unless they just waiting to get out of the 10 day window or if a few people had to push back exam a week.
A month would drive me crazy. It is a little ridicules.

See you all again tomorrow....
tenor.gif

Bros feels like we never getting our scores back Lolol. Honestly I didn’t even care about result last week but I’m kinda burning now every day. Really wanna know haha. Solace that all you guys going through this. Almost there!

I just wanna know if I need to start up my anki reviews again. Don’t like seeing 2763 reviews

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Haha
Just called and spoke to John. He said that they haven’t even received scores from NBME yet. He said he suspects it’s due to a couple of centers being closed and they won’t release scores until they do their statistical analysis on ALL test takers. He said he has no idea when he’ll hear from them, but he’ll let us know via email if he doesn’t have it by Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
a month is starting to be more realistic lol

Looks like its going to be at least 3 weeks from Feb 08