[[CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND]]...LADIES! Currently: Leela VS Mulan!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mulan!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Mulan. She'll probably go to Yale.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW so surprised my girl patty's doin so poorly here.

i think patty and skeet skeet (skeeter) should be a tag team of internist and surgeon. much like JD and turk.

also if i remember correctly, patty was a wiz at math and tutored doug all the time.

definately mulan, she rescued the emperor (that is one heck of an experience)

Mulan. If she could cross dress, fight off the Huns, and save the Emperor to protect her father, I'd say she's pretty dedicated and badass enough to do whatever the hell she sets her mind to. :thumbup: for being hardcore.

This one's hard. I don't know whether to vote based on nostalgia or based on the sheer awesomeness of Mulan's extracurricular activities.

I think I'm going to side with Mulan, cross dressing hun killing emperor saving sword wielding badass wins over sweet Patty Mayo this time. Maybe Patty could go into physical therapy instead.

Mulan. Better stats, better EC's, and Disney is the freaking crap.

Mayo.

Oh wait, Patty Mayo?

Still gonna go with Mayo.

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
This one's hard. I don't know whether to vote based on nostalgia or based on the sheer awesomeness of Mulan's extracurricular activities.

I think I'm going to side with Mulan, cross dressing hun killing emperor saving sword wielding badass wins over sweet Patty Mayo this time. Maybe Patty could go into physical therapy instead.

This. I will vote for Mulan. She's awesome and her ECs provides her with a compelling story.

Besides, any song from Mulan soundtrack >>>> Doug theme song. :rolleyes:

Mulan, cuz she's Asian. Patty looks like a character from Doug and that show sucked.

Mulan/ because I am Chinese, too!!!

~*~On hiatus for the weekend since there's less traffic on SDN... Want to keep it consistent :)~*~

Meh, I would've guessed that on weekends SDN would have increased traffic. I suppose SDNers are more socially adjusted then I thought. :p

doughowcoulduqs7.jpg

I'm going to change my vote from Mulan to Patty. I remember watching that show now... I didn't like Doug because I thought he was a total wuss, but I liked Patty.

Just saw Mulan on Disney Tonight, I'm changing my vote to mulan.

It's Monday so the Sweet Sixteen is back!!! Your winner from last week is:

Drum roll, please....

Mulan
mulan8.jpg

Next matchup of the West:

Angelica

mainimage_rugrats_angelica.jpg

GPA: 3.3
MCAT: 31S (8/8/15)
Why do you want to be a doctor?: I am wonderful aren't I? And lets face it I am definitely talented... JAZZ HANDS

VS

Roque

X-men-Rouge.jpg

GPA: 3.6
MCAT: 33T (11/11/11)

Why do you want to be a doctor?: It's called stupidity, shugah... it's not supposed to make sense

State your case!
(also - if you change your vote, post a new reply to make sure I see it)

Although rogue could make deep, deep connections with her patients, this may also affect her ability to provide quality care.

And Angelica was the perfect villain.

My vote goes to Angelica! Plus, that 15 is impressive.

Hmm, my nature says to pick Angelica, but someone put it very well - she's a gunner and very self-centered.

I go with Rogue, she can be a radiologist and not really have to touch people. Or she could just always wear gloves and always be prepared.

Rogue. Loved the old-school X-men series before it went soft. All in all Angelica is very unlikable.

I really liked X-Men, but I really didn't like rogue. This is a tough one though, but I vote rouge. Mutants count as URM's right?

Rogue, she's already adept at getting the latex gloves on.

This matchup made me feel so incredibly old. I vote for senility and a babe to boot - Patty.

Don't feel old. I know who Patty is now after people mentioned Doug. I just never really watched the cartoon. :)

And I hate Angelica. Vote goes to Rogue (as long as it's the cartoon or comic incarnation and not the Anna Paquin version -- :barf:)

I really liked X-Men, but I really didn't like rogue. This is a tough one though, but I vote rouge. Mutants count as URM's right?

Have you watched the 1992 X-Men animated series? Rogue was awesome!

No contest. My vote goes to Rogue.

Rogue definitely.

Angelica is far too self serving, annoying, and cut throat. Won't be able to work efficiently with her peers. In the interview she'll make the interviewer want to kill her.

Rogue's inability to directly touch patients isn't really a problem. She can wear latex gloves at all times. Many procedures already require them. Also, she's used to wearing thicker material most of the time so her sense of touch will be well adjusted for physical exams requiring palpation even with her hands covered. In addition, she's crazy charismatic and could probably rock the interview. She's had great life experience as well. She started with a rough past, but managed to overcome it and do good things. She also manages to stay focused despite her lifelong restriction from direct physical contact, and complicated family issues. With her grades and MCAT, she's got a good chance of acceptance.

Rogue. Angelica is a total brat. Also rogue can examine people as long as she's wering gloves...which she should be wearing anyway :)