[[CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND]]...LADIES! Currently: Leela VS Mulan!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Roque. Angelica will drive her classmates nuts.

Members don't see this ad.

angelica. rogue is too emotional to get through the first 6wks of med school without crying her eyes out and killing tons of people through hugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Angelica means serious business, as in "don't **** with my patients" serious, and so serious that she might kill a couple of people.

I vote for Rogue then, but she better get used to wearing baggy scrubs, none of those boobie-hugging spandex bodysuits on rounds.

Rogue. She'd make a great doctor and she is a MUTANT which is certainly a URM in medicine. a URM with such great ECs (saving the world) and great stats and leadership certainly deserves a spot in medical school.

My vote's for Rogue. It depends on whether we're discussing Rogue from the early TV show or Rogue from the movies though. She was a much better character in the cartoon (the angsty teen kind of killed my love for her a little bit). She is indeed an URM then, and I'm sure she has a good deal of shadowing under her belt with Hank McCoy/Beast and Jean Grey (though sources debate if she's REALLY a doctor). Plus, she works with Professor X who has a Ph.D. in genetics, biophysics, and psychology (and I'm sure he'd be willing to write her a wonderful letter of rec). Anyway, if you use the last x-men movie as your guide, she wouldn't zap people's stength anymore due to taking "the cure" (but that would kill her URM status).
Anyway, I wouldn't want to listen to Angelica whine during her intern year, and she certainly should not be dealing with "stupid babies."

I'm going to go with Angelica, Rogue's hair looks like it will get in the way and besides, Angelica is grown up in the teenage rugrats or whatever and she's a lot more mature there.

Angelica%20And%20Chucke%20on%20Yu%20Gotta%20Go.jpg

Poor showing by Sammy to not give us updated pics. I'm not going to send in a pic of myself as a toddler to med-schools!!

I'm going to go with Angelica, Rogue's hair looks like it will get in the way and besides, Angelica is grown up in the teenage rugrats or whatever and she's a lot more mature there.

Poor showing by Sammy to not give us updated pics. I'm not going to send in a pic of myself as a toddler to med-schools!!

:laugh:

Rogue!

Besides, she's fine if she's got gloves on. >.>;

Members don't see this ad :)
Rogue! As many others have said, she'll never forget to put on sterile gloves, and I mean, c'mon, she's one of the x-men.

Rogue definitely.

Angelica is far too self serving, annoying, and cut throat. Won't be able to work efficiently with her peers. In the interview she'll make the interviewer want to kill her.

Rogue's inability to directly touch patients isn't really a problem. She can wear latex gloves at all times. Many procedures already require them. Also, she's used to wearing thicker material most of the time so her sense of touch will be well adjusted for physical exams requiring palpation even with her hands covered. In addition, she's crazy charismatic and could probably rock the interview. She's had great life experience as well. She started with a rough past, but managed to overcome it and do good things. She also manages to stay focused despite her lifelong restriction from direct physical contact, and complicated family issues. With her grades and MCAT, she's got a good chance of acceptance.

I agree. Rogue gets my vote as well!

My vote's for Rogue. It depends on whether we're discussing Rogue from the early TV show or Rogue from the movies though. She was a much better character in the cartoon (the angsty teen kind of killed my love for her a little bit). She is indeed an URM then, and I'm sure she has a good deal of shadowing under her belt with Hank McCoy/Beast and Jean Grey (though sources debate if she's REALLY a doctor). Plus, she works with Professor X who has a Ph.D. in genetics, biophysics, and psychology (and I'm sure he'd be willing to write her a wonderful letter of rec). Anyway, if you use the last x-men movie as your guide, she wouldn't zap people's stength anymore due to taking "the cure" (but that would kill her URM status).
Anyway, I wouldn't want to listen to Angelica whine during her intern year, and she certainly should not be dealing with "stupid babies."

I like how Rogue from the, hmm, I dunno, comic book doesn't even figure in here.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

oaklandguy said:

Angelica%20And%20Chucke%20on%20Yu%20Gotta%20Go.jpg

:laugh:

Sorry guys, utterly swamped tonight so I don't have the chance to update this with the next round. Keep voting and new ones will be up tomorrow :)

Totally off topic, but Sammich I love your avatar. It's possible I have a weakness for moving, cute animal cartoons making amusing gestures. I could watch that little guy go back and forth forever. It's also possible that after very little sleep last night and a long day, I'm a tad slap-happy. Either way, :thumbup::D

Rogue definitely.

Angelica is far too self serving, annoying, and cut throat. Won't be able to work efficiently with her peers. In the interview she'll make the interviewer want to kill her.

Rogue's inability to directly touch patients isn't really a problem. She can wear latex gloves at all times. Many procedures already require them. Also, she's used to wearing thicker material most of the time so her sense of touch will be well adjusted for physical exams requiring palpation even with her hands covered. In addition, she's crazy charismatic and could probably rock the interview. She's had great life experience as well. She started with a rough past, but managed to overcome it and do good things. She also manages to stay focused despite her lifelong restriction from direct physical contact, and complicated family issues. With her grades and MCAT, she's got a good chance of acceptance.

QFT. Angela was a brat. I'd far rather Rogue as a doctor.

Rogue! Besides, she's fine if she's got gloves on. >.>;
Which she SHOULD as a physician! PPE 4tw :D

I'm with Rogue all the way. And besides, if my hair keeps sprouting grays in the same spot as it is, in a few years I'll look like her too. :thumbup:

Totally off topic, but Sammich I love your avatar. It's possible I have a weakness for moving, cute animal cartoons making amusing gestures. I could watch that little guy go back and forth forever. It's also possible that after very little sleep last night and a long day, I'm a tad slap-happy. Either way, :thumbup::D

:annoyed: (at no one in particular). I still can't see animated avatars, although I haven't been trying very hard to fix this.

Roooggguuueee. Oh, and I missed the vote, but Mulan is awesome and sure earned a lot of honor for her family here.

azrael87 said:
Thanks!!!! I love the little guy :) I still get entertained watching him go.

angelica. rogue is too emotional to get through the first 6wks of med school without crying her eyes out and killing tons of people through hugs.

QFT.

Angelica :thumbup:

rogue... i think Angelica would annoy the interviewers to hell.

[Banzai!]Voting Over![/Banzai]

Rogue utterly demolishes Angelica 29-12 to move onto the Elite Eight. Hopefully at the final adcom meeting they'll overlook the fact that she just savagely beat a 4 year old. ;)

X-men-Rouge.jpg
= Winnah!

On to the first battle of the Midwest, Sweet Sixteen!

Claire
heroes-season-3-cast-promo-claire.jpg

GPA: 3.5
MCAT: 32P (9/12/11)
Why do you want to be a doctor? To save the world.

Snookie
snooki.jpg

GPA: 3.0
MCAT: 26L (7/10/9)
Why do you want to be a doctor: My ultimate dream is to move to Jersey, find a nice juiced hot tanned guy and be a doctor.

Make your case!

Snookie. Her EC's say it all. G. T. L. 'Nuff said.

i dont know who either of these women are. i'm going to guess snookie is from jersey shore judging by the comment about her (am i right?). and who is claire?

i dont know who either of these women are. i'm going to guess snookie is from jersey shore judging by the comment about her (am i right?). and who is claire?

Claire is the cheerleader on Heroes.

I vote Claire. Granted I don't watch Jersey Shore, but Snookie looks like a tramp (I say that in the nicest way possible). I don't want to be hoping that my doctor is wearing panties every time I have a consultation with her.

Are you kidding me?

Claire in a heartbeat. Snookie will give diseases to her patients. Plus, she is a ruhtard.

I don't watch either show and I know this.

I don't know what the hell a snooki is and frankly, I do not wish to find out.

I'm voting for Claire.

Even though I don't watch either show, I'm going with Claire. At least Hayden is pretty. Snookie's head's speed bump is so high birds are nesting. And based on the show she is in, I'm guessing she's not particularly bright or classy.

Claire looks too serious and borrrrring. I vote for Snookie. She'll always know how to keep the study party poppin.

Claire. If Snooki she will probably advise her patients to go tanning 5 hours a day without sun block. I'm sure many will be diagnosed with skin cancer.

Um, who is Claire? I have no idea who she is. I pick Snooki because she's become a pop culture D-list walking joke.

Autoreject both. Cite something about fit, large number of qualified applicants, limited number of seats, good luck somewhere else, etc.