This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureDDS_19

Reaction score
Hi all!
Very curious, I'm applying to about 15-18 schools, I currently have a 3.5 GPA, 3.4 sGPA, and amazing extracurriculars, letters and personal statement.
I just recently took my DAT and did not score as well as I anticipated
PAT:18
QR:17
Reading:18
Bio:18
Chem:16
Orgo:18
TS: 17
AA:17
I plan on retaking my DAT as soon as the 90 days is over which is end of october/beginning of november. Do I have any chance to interview between now and that timeframe if I put that I am retaking and if I retake and raise all those scores up, do I have any chance for this cycle??

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You may get an interview because I had a friend with the same stats (he got 3). I would definitely retake the DAT and make sure the schools know about it. Make sure that your DAT retake doesn't conflict with any school deadlines that's all!

Reactions: 1 user
Some schools will close their application cycle by the time you’re retake is scheduled. Obviously all the scores are low, but the difference between a 16 and 17 is big as most schools that have cutoffs will cut off below 17. Keep shadowing and volunteering/keep good relations with those that wrote you letters in case you have to apply next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools will close their application cycle by the time you’re retake is scheduled. Obviously all the scores are low, but the difference between a 16 and 17 is big as most schools that have cutoffs will cut off below 17. Keep shadowing and volunteering/keep good relations with those that wrote you letters in case you have to apply next cycle.
Although I have already applied, would it matter if its after their application cycle has ended if its just considered an update to my application?

Although I have already applied, would it matter if its after their application cycle has ended if its just considered an update to my application?

Well, technically no. But you most likely won’t be on their Pre-December interview list by that point in time. Nonetheless, it’s still possible.