Chances for USC and U of Michigan after Dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've interviewed at those schools early (september & early october) but didn't make it to the first round of acceptance list.

What is the chance for me to eventually get an offer from those schools? My understanding for USC is that they only gave out 25% of class seats so I feel like more acceptances should be expected.

Just wanted to get a ball park figure (in terms of % ??) for those who couldn't make it in the initial admission batch on Dec 1st.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Good question.
I was wondering the same thing! Thanks for asking for me Kisung! ( such a nice name!)

Usc only accepted around 50 kids dec 1st. you will be fine. Just be patient

Members don't see this ad :)
also interested in an answer (for usc; interviewed oct 5)

Hi,

I've interviewed at those schools early (september & early october) but didn't make it to the first round of acceptance list.

What is the chance for me to eventually get an offer from those schools? My understanding for USC is that they only gave out 25% of class seats so I feel like more acceptances should be expected.

Just wanted to get a ball park figure (in terms of % ??) for those who couldn't make it in the initial admission batch on Dec 1st.

Thanks,

What I am about to say is only for michigan, and its purely based on my opinion (no real facts)

I think that if you interviewed early (like oct 1st - such as myself) at michigan, and didn't get accepted yet, its over for you lol. There were 60 people on that day, we were interviewed, our files were reviwed, we were ranked, and the very top of the ranks got an acceptance offer. The rest, I think are just rejections waiting to happen

Im sorry for being pessimistic

at my michigan interview they said they only accept about 2/3 of the class or about 70 people december 1st and that they would have another large amount of acceptances sent out mid january

I would say that you still have a good shot at USC because of its high tuition costs... most of the people they accepted on Dec 1st (at least on predents), also were accepted to other schools as well. So I'm assuming the cost would be a major factor swaying those accepted students away from USC (that was the case for me). It's definitely a great school especially if you can see yourself learning dentistry via the PBL curriculum. I would've definitely accepted my offer of admission had I not been accepted into Maryland (top choice)