Chances of getting in to dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CFP545

UNE CDM '22
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I submitted my application 2 weeks ago. My stats are AA-19 PAT-18 GPAo-3.4 GPAsci- 3.0
I've applied to 15 schools and I'm nervous about my stats. Any thoughts on my chances of getting in?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You applied a little late.

Reactions: 2 users
For those stats, it's kinda late. Not to say your chances are 0 but you're very avg/a little under avg even. Sorry dude :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I usually don't like to say this but with those stats AND this late into the cycle, it'll be difficult to get pre December interviews for sure. You might have better luck with post December, but it gets much harder when you're competing for less and less spots with below average stats. Good luck to you nonetheless, but I really suggest doing a post bacc/masters. Your DAT is not above average ... it's ohkay... but if you really do a post bacc/masters the 19 definitely would be a relatively lesser obstacle. Work on a post bacc/masters and solidify your EC's and if not this cycle, the post bacc/masters and solid EC's will make you a lot more competitive next cycle and land you pre December interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for the reality check. If it doesn't work out this year, I'll apply as soon as the application is available next year, first week of June. I'm hoping that will increase my chances. Thanks guys!

You should maybe retake the DAT if you believe you couldve done better.

As well as consider doing a masters/post-bacc to make yourself competitive.

Last edited:
Slim - poor DAT scores and low sGPA already hurts your chances, even if you had applied super early. I would retake the DAT.

You don't have a great chance given your low science GPA. I recommend post-bac courses or a masters to get that up.

Thank you for the reality check. If it doesn't work out this year, I'll apply as soon as the application is available next year, first week of June. I'm hoping that will increase my chances. Thanks guys!
Good luck nonetheless! You never know. I don't like making people feel more nervous than they already are haha I like to keep the glass half full attitude when saying stuff :D