MD Chances of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slagathor19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to get some opinions about my chance of getting into Texas MD programs. I have a 3.55 GPA, 3.4 sGPA, and MCAT of 500, which I know isn't ideal. I have 300+ hours of community service including the local free clinic, 500+ hours of clinical experience (I am a scribe in an emergency room and have been for a little over a year), about 50 hours of shadowing physicians (multiple different specialties),TA experience, multiple elected leadership positions in an organization I have been a part of for 3 years,1.5 years of research experience (I am currently working on a project with a pediatric neurosurgeon), and I am in the honors college at my university. I will be applying to Texas schools as that's where I live. I'm really nervous about whether I should even try at all considering my MCAT and GPA are kind of low. I could retake the MCAT, but I wouldn't get my score until August which I fear is too late. I second opinion on what I should do would be much appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.