This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

slagathor19

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I just wanted to get some opinions about my chance of getting into Texas MD programs. I have a 3.55 GPA, 3.4 sGPA, and MCAT of 500, which I know isn't ideal. I have 300+ hours of community service including the local free clinic, 500+ hours of clinical experience (I am a scribe in an emergency room and have been for a little over a year), about 50 hours of shadowing physicians (multiple different specialties),TA experience, multiple elected leadership positions in an organization I have been a part of for 3 years,1.5 years of research experience (I am currently working on a project with a pediatric neurosurgeon), and I am in the honors college at my university. I will be applying to Texas schools as that's where I live. I'm really nervous about whether I should even try at all considering my MCAT and GPA are kind of low. I could retake the MCAT, but I wouldn't get my score until August which I fear is too late. I second opinion on what I should do would be much appreciated!!