Chances to get into dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedDevil202013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's it going everyone!
I am just wondering what my chances are to get into dental school. Economics Major, my oGPA is 3.9, sGPA is around 3.8, got shadowing hours in, have one internship done, planning to get another one in this summer. member of couple of groups in college, in a soccer team and planning to start an organization at my university. I am planning to take the DAT in the summer and apply in the summer. I am a junior. What should I do/don't? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

How's it going everyone!
I am just wondering what my chances are to get into dental school. Economics Major, my oGPA is 3.9, sGPA is around 3.8, got shadowing hours in, have one internship done, planning to get another one in this summer. member of couple of groups in college, in a soccer team and planning to start an organization at my university. I am planning to take the DAT in the summer and apply in the summer. I am a junior. What should I do/don't? Thanks in advance!

Need your DAT scores before being able to give you a general idea.

Last edited:
How's it going everyone!
Everything looks solid, just get 20AA or above and you will be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
You're fine. Just don't bomb the DAT.

3.9 GPA chance me topics would be "free space" on SDN bingo.

Everything looks solid, just get 20AA or above and you will be fine
I noticed that you got into UD Mercy, that's one of the schools that i'm trying to into. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats when applying to the dental school? Also, any tips you can provide when applying to UD Mercy?

Need your DAT scores before being able to give you a general idea, bud.

All this looks good, but if you go and get a 15AA, then it's not looking promising, you know?
I totally agree, I have to preform well on the DAT as well. Here's hoping for a good score! haha

I noticed that you got into UD Mercy, that's one of the schools that i'm trying to into. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats when applying to the dental school? Also, any tips you can provide when applying to UD Mercy?

For Mercy specifically, I would recommend reaching out to them soon after they receive your application from AADSAS to show that you are genuinely serious about considering them. They are one of the couple of schools that move very quickly on applications, and are also one of the private schools that will be wary of interviewing people with very high stats (especially if you're OOS), because they expect that you will go to a cheaper school/an ivy/etc.

Reactions: 1 user