Program-Specific Info / Q's Chatham Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope none of us find out last minute. If I get an invite the day before I will not have any time to travel at all :(

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview invite for Dec. 2 today and applied 10/1, was verified by OTCAS on 10/7

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview invite for Dec. 2 today and applied 10/1, was verified by OTCAS on 10/7
Congrats!!! I applied after you so that gives me a little hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay!!!!! Now book your travel arrangements. So excited for you :)
I live in Pittsburgh so I’ll be here! I do have to go to Walsh for an interview the day before so that kinda sucks having 2 in a row! Hope everyone enjoys coming to Pittsburgh! :)

Just received an email! I'm sure that means more are coming soon!!

I submitted my application on 10/17 and was notified on 11/16 that I have an interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else heard anything lately? I think I'm about to lose hope with Chatham.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I reached out the person over admissions for the program and she told they have about 20 more invites to send out. My overall GPA was on the borderline of what they accept so if I receive an invite it won't be until close to the interview date. Hope that helps anyone. But if you call im sure she can tell you where you stand.

So I reached out the person over admissions for the program and she told they have about 20 more invites to send out. My overall GPA was on the borderline of what they accept so if I receive an invite it won't be until close to the interview date. Hope that helps anyone. But if you call im sure she can tell you where you stand.
Thanks for that info! Did you call or email her?

I called her
I just called her. She wouldn’t tell me anything except “invitations will continue to go out today and this weekend but there’s only a handful left. I will also invite up to the day before so just check your emails. If you don’t get anything then you didn’t get an invite”

I was invited for an interview on Wednesday night and I was told if I didn't accept it would go to someone else. There is still plenty of time to hear back! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

What was the GPA?

Received an email this morning that the interview slots are now full :(. Good luck to everyone else though!

Received an email this morning that the interview slots are now full :(. Good luck to everyone else though!
Received the same one. You're not alone. Keep your fingers crossed for the next school :)

Received the same one. You're not alone. Keep your fingers crossed for the next school :)

Also received this! Those who got this email...would you mind sharing your stats?

Also received this! Those who got this email...would you mind sharing your stats?
Wanted to post my stats as well

University: Florida A&M University
Major: Pre-occupational therapy
Overall GPA: 3.1 (3.02 overall according to OTCAS)
Last 60 GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.5 depending on school
GRE: V:143 Q:143 W:4

Extra-Curric: National Counsel of negro women, big sister little sister, campus actives board

Volunteer: 57 hours skilled nursing, 27 hours outpatient, 20 hours inpatient, Goodwill, The arc Jacksonville

Applying: Texas Tech University, Texas Womens University, Brenau University, Chatham University, University of Sciences, Nova Southeastern University, Winston-Salem University, American International University Florida Gulf Coast University

Acceptances:

Rejections: Brenau

Interviews: SO FAR
Nova (video interview)

I know my gre is very low so I opted to apply to schools that do not require the gre, have no minimum or require a low minimum. If I don't get into school this time around I will probably look into COTA school or take more classes to raise my overall and prereq gpa. Still waiting to hear from other schools though

University: University of California Davis
Major: Human Development
Overall GPA: 3.44
Last 60 GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: V:161 Q: 158 W: 4.5

Extra-Curric: Human Development research assistant (2 yrs), caregiver for people with disabilities, manager of a church nursery, cabinet member of a national sorority, member of UCD pep squad (1 yr), Order of Omega Honors Society, recruiting assistant for UCD football (2 yrs)

Volunteer: 52 hrs pediatric clinic, 27 hrs at a hand clinic, 40 hrs outpatient, 40 hrs acute care

Letters of rec: 1 from research team supervisor, 1 from an OT I shadowed, 1 from the mother of a young adult with autism that I was a caregiver for

I messed up and I didn't send in my official GRE scores until last week because I thought Chatham didn't accept the GRE for some reason. I emailed them and they said they'd make an exception and look at my application if I sent the official score in ASAP but I still didn't get an interview spot, and deservedly so since I messed up pretty badly lol oops

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who got interviews and I'll keep my fingers crossed for those who didn't that another even better door will open for you soon! :) It's a hard process but you're doing great!
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about what to expect at the interview?? It is this weekend and I am a little nervous! I have only interviewed at one school so far but it was pretty informal. This one seems a little more rigid! Starting to get nervous!!

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who got interviews and I'll keep my fingers crossed for those who didn't that another even better door will open for you soon! :) It's a hard process but you're doing great!
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about what to expect at the interview?? It is this weekend and I am a little nervous! I have only interviewed at one school so far but it was pretty informal. This one seems a little more rigid! Starting to get nervous!!
Hi! I’m very nervous too and this is my first OT school interview! I’ve heard that they do group interview (like 2 students) and there is a writing sample that we must complete during the time of our interview. I’ve heard the questions are pretty basic like why OT? And why OT at Chatham and that we should make sure our answers will stand out. I don’t have much more info though so if anyone else has any more please let us know!

I’m a recent grad from Chatham (class of 2017), feel free to send me a message if you have any questions! You will all do great things, no matter where you end up I loved Chatham and had a wonderful experience there.

has anyone been invited to an interview but not attending?? i'm on a waitlist for the interview... theres only 1 interview she said and no skype...

I interviewed at Chatham last year. They break you down into smaller groups and there's 4 different activities. There is a tour, a writing sample, a Q&A session with current students and then the interview portion. You are in the interview with another candidate and I believe there are two interviewers. I don't remember all of the questions, but some of them were like what does OT mean to you, at what moment did you decide you wanted to be an OT, and why are you interested in Chatham.

Good luck to those of you who are interviewing this weekend. I was waitlisted last year and had to apply again, so I am extremely bummed to not have received an interview this time. I guess these programs become more competitive each year. Good luck to everyone.

Yes! I just got to Pittsburgh and the nerves are setting in. I really do not know what to expect with the writing portion?? Do you know what sort of topics they may use?
How do you like Pittsburgh so far? And I don’t know what to expect either! I’m hoping it’s a basic question or it might be a scenario or a GRE essay type question

I interviewed at Chatham last year. They break you down into smaller groups and there's 4 different activities. There is a tour, a writing sample, a Q&A session with current students and then the interview portion. You are in the interview with another candidate and I believe there are two interviewers. I don't remember all of the questions, but some of them were like what does OT mean to you, at what moment did you decide you wanted to be an OT, and why are you interested in Chatham.

Good luck to those of you who are interviewing this weekend. I was waitlisted last year and had to apply again, so I am extremely bummed to not have received an interview this time. I guess these programs become more competitive each year. Good luck to everyone.
What was the Q&A session with current students like? Was it 1 on 1 or a group of people? And was the interview at the end?

Has anyone heard about acceptance/waitlist/decline from the dec. 1 interview yet?

Has anyone heard about acceptance/waitlist/decline from the dec. 1 interview yet?
They send out all the decisions on the same day, I think the email said around Dec. 31? You will find out if you are accepted, wait listed, or declined

They send out all the decisions on the same day, I think the email said around Dec. 31? You will find out if you are accepted, wait listed, or declined
They said by December 31. I work with a woman who did interviews and she said at least 2 weeks after the interview till December 31 will be first rounds

Has anyone heard anything since the interview?

I also got accepted and will most probably be attending :)

for those who were accepted, do you mind sharing how much the deposit is to hold your spot?

Does anyone know how the second round of acceptance works? For example do they accept 40 people the first round then however many decline they fill their spots with the second round of acceptance letters? For example if they accept 40 people to fill the class and 15 decline in the first round. Do they then accept 15 more people to fill the class or do they do 20 the first time and 20 the second.