Program-Specific Info / Q's Chatham Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTD21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has received word on invites to interview for Chatham's MOT program yet. I know the last email that I received from them stated "invites may come anytime between now and late November" for an interview day of December 2nd. I'm just anxious and would preferably like to book my travel arrangements ASAP.

Members don't see this ad.

In the same boat. Still waiting and I live all the way in Florida and would love to book a flight ahead of time while they’re cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
In the same boat. Still waiting and I live all the way in Florida and would love to book a flight ahead of time while they’re cheaper.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I live in Texas, and have an interview in Ohio that following Monday the 4th. So if I do get the interview for Chatham, I would need to change my flight to head there and then drive to Ohio. The earlier the better because flight prices keep going up.

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE: I reached out to the Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions and she told me "invites are going out now through November 20: however, there could always be cancellations, and I will fill those spots up to the day before the interview date. Please continue to watch your email until then."
Hope this helps!! Let me know if you get an interview :)

Hello! I received an interview invitation this morning!!

Reactions: 1 users
woohoo!!! Congrats!!! Hopefully I'll hear something soon. If not, I'm still rooting for you. Where else did you apply?

Thank you so much! I hope you hear back soon!! :) I applied to Samuel Merritt, LLU, Springfield, Wesley, West Coast, ISU. What about you?

Thank so much! I hope you hear back soon!! :) I applied to Samuel Merritt, LLU, Springfield, Wesley, West Coast, ISU. What about you?
Thank you! Do you live in the West Coast? I applied to Murphy Deming, Chatham, Walsh, Creighton, MGH, Shenandoah, Emory & Henry, and Jefferson College of Health Science.

Yes im from the west coast! I submitted my application September 22. what about you?

Yes im from the west coast! I submitted my application September 22. what about you?

i didn’t get my application in until October 6th but Chatham is my top choice! Hope to see you on interview day.

Thank you so much! I hope you hear back soon!! :) I applied to Samuel Merritt, LLU, Springfield, Wesley, West Coast, ISU. What about you?

I applied to west coast and Samuel Merritt too! Have you heard anything yet from either school?

No! This waiting game is so hard!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on your interview! Still waiting to hear from them currently. Didn't submit mine until 10/4. This waiting is hard

congrats on your interview! Still waiting to hear from them currently. Didn't submit mine until 10/4. This waiting is hard
I'm with you and didn't submit my application until October. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

Are they sending invites on a rolling basis?
From what MJ told me, they're sending them now until the 20th and if they have cancellations they will invite up until Dec. 1. Which is going to be hard for those coming from out of state (like me) to have sufficient time to book travel.

No! This waiting game is so hard!

Right!! I’m from the West Coast too so those are in my top choices. Past years forums show the first people who heard back from Samuel Merritt was between November 6-10th so I’ve been frantically checking my email this week but nothing so far

Has anyone reached out to an admissions counselor from Chatham yet? I am getting very anxious and need to make travel plans accordingly.

Has anyone reached out to an admissions counselor from Chatham yet? I am getting very anxious and need to make travel plans accordingly.
I reached out via email on Monday and she replied with the information I posted above. If anyone else happens to reach out please let me know what she says. I told her I was coming from Texas and also had another interview on 12/4 in another state and needed to plan. She told me they schedule until the day before.
Does anyone know how many invites they send?

Crossing fingers for us all! I know multiple people who have been invited to the interview already, but Im sure they don't send them all out at the same time

I reached out via email on Monday and she replied with the information I posted above. If anyone else happens to reach out please let me know what she says. I told her I was coming from Texas and also had another interview on 12/4 in another state and needed to plan. She told me they schedule until the day before.
Does anyone know how many invites they send?

When i attended a tour of the program, they said that they interview about 100 people.

Does anyone know if they send out declined emails before the interview date as well?

Does anyone know if they send out declined emails before the interview date as well?
I was just wondering the same thing!! If they let all applicants know whether they got one or not. I don’t want to email them anymore than I already have though, so if someone finds out please share.

Anyone still waiting to hear back?

If you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply and what are your application stats?
No problem! I applied really early for most of my programs. For Chatham I believe I submitted my application in mid September.
I graduated from Duquesne University this past May with a bachelor's degree in Psychology.
Still taking human growth and development pre req but I had an overall 3.7 gpa and 3.9 pre-req gpa.
301 math and verbal combined GRE and 5.5 on my writing GRE.
I’m a rehab aide at a hospital in Pittsburgh and have 400+ hours of inpatient/outpatient experience!
How about you if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
No problem! I applied really early for most of my programs. For Chatham I believe I submitted my application in mid September. Still taking human growth and development pre req but I had an overall 3.7 gpa and 3.9 pre req gpa. 301 math and verbal GRE and 5.5 on my writing GRE. I’m a rehab aide at a hospital in Pittsburgh and have 400+ Hours of inpatient/outpatient experience! How about you?

I submitted my application at the end of September. I have an overall 3.4 GPA and 3.6 GPA for my prerequisites. My verbal GRE was 155, my math was 150, and writing was 4.5. I did my internship at a SNF with about 200 hours. I am a little nervous about my stats just being average though!

I submitted my application at the end of September. I have an overall 3.4 GPA and 3.6 GPA for my prerequisites. My verbal GRE was 155, my math was 150, and writing was 4.5. I did my internship at a SNF with about 200 hours. I am a little nervous about my stats just being average though!
I honestly think your stats are fine! Your GRE scores and pre-req GPA are good and you have good experience. It's all so nerve-racking because you never know what these schools are looking for. I'm checking my email everyday - let me know if you hear anything! Where else have you applied?

I honestly think your stats are fine! Your GRE scores and pre-req GPA are good and you have good experience. It's all so nerve-racking because you never know what these schools are looking for. I'm checking my email everyday - let me know if you hear anything! Where else have you applied?

It is so nerve-racking! I know it's only the beginning of November, but I am just so anxious. I will definitely let you know and same for you please! I applied to Chatham, Emory and Henry, Belmont, VCU, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Radford, and ECU. What about you?

It is so nerve-racking! I know it's only the beginning of November, but I am just so anxious. I will definitely let you know and same for you please! I applied to Chatham, Emory and Henry, Belmont, VCU, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Radford, and ECU. What about you?
I applied to Chatham, Pitt, Slippery Rock, Gannon, Shenandoah, Walsh, and Ohio State. Haven't sent in Thomas Jefforson's yet because I am not sure if I would want to go there or not and their app isn't due until February so I have some time to decide and hear back from other schools. I received an interview from Walsh last week for December 1 (day before Chatham's if I get one)!

I applied to Chatham, Pitt, Slippery Rock, Gannon, Shenandoah, Walsh, and Ohio State. Haven't sent in Thomas Jefforson's yet because I am not sure if I would want to go there or not and their app isn't due until February so I have some time to decide and hear back from other schools. I received an interview from Walsh last week for December 1 (day before Chatham's if I get one)!

That's so exciting! Let me know how things turn out!

Don’t be nervous. I always find people on here comparing their stats to others but, we all really have no clue what the admissions committee is going to look for. We can’t compare our personal story, letters of recommendation or experiences to others. Obviously some schools look solely at grades while others look at applications holistically. Don’t get discouraged :)

Last edited:
I’m starting to lose hope with Chatham :( I submitted my application August 23rd and still haven’t heard anything!

I’m starting to lose hope with Chatham :( I submitted my application August 23rd and still haven’t heard anything!
I think I'm right there with you. I won't have sufficient time to book a flight to go.

Same I submitted mine so early!! 10 more days until they stop sending the initial ones though!

That’s EXACTLY what I’m thinking. I submitted all of mine early and it makes me nervous that that looks bad
Has anyone else on here reached out to see if they send emails notifying us if we DON'T get an interview?

same here, im losing hope with Chatham as well since people have already head back from them for interviews. Hopefully we all hear something at least and get into other schools we applied to!

Sending positive vibes out to everyone!!

I emailed one of the Graduate School Admissions counselors and this was the reply I received

"Invites will continue to go out until the day before the interview day. For this reason, we do not notify students if they are not invited to the interview day."​

I emailed one of the Graduate School Admissions counselors and this was the reply I received

"Invites will continue to go out until the day before the interview day. For this reason, we do not notify students if they are not invited to the interview day."​
Thank you for reaching out to them! So, if we are out of town and get an email the day before we are pretty much out of luck.