Program-Specific Info / Q's Chatham Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just got an email from chatham saying im priority waitlisted. i dont know if thats a good thing

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also received the email about being waitlisted.. I guess now we just wait.

I was waitlisted too! Honestly surprised because I wasn’t invited for an interview so I just assumed I was rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet? I was just wondering if they had started taking anyone off yet or if nothing has changed.

I got off the waitlist today!! :clap: I haven't officially accepted but I'm definitely going to within the next few days!

Reactions: 2 users
I got off the waitlist today!! :clap: I haven't officially accepted but I'm definitely going to within the next few days!
Congrats! Did MJ email you asking if you were still interested in attending Chatham before they accepted you off the waitlist?

Congrats! Did MJ email you asking if you were still interested in attending Chatham before they accepted you off the waitlist?
Yeah, she called asking if I was still interested and then I asked for a day to think about it.

Yeah, she called asking if I was still interested and then I asked for a day to think about it.
I wonder if I was going to get off the waitlist then. Oh well, I accepted my top school!

For everyone that interviewed and was accepted: What was the interview like? What questions did they ask? What did you think of the essay portion? What answers did you provide in the interview that you think caused you to stand out? I am trying to prep for the interview and would love any advice or pointers I can get!

For everyone that interviewed and was accepted: What was the interview like? What questions did they ask? What did you think of the essay portion? What answers did you provide in the interview that you think caused you to stand out? I am trying to prep for the interview and would love any advice or pointers I can get!

Congrats on getting an interview! Last year the day was structured with 4 components. There was an interview: you are interviewed with at least one person and there are two faculty members interviewing you. The essay portion. A tour of the OT spaces and then a q and a session with current students. For the interview research the school and have an unique answer of why you want to go there. You want to stand out against the other person you are interviewing with. The questions are pretty basic but make sure you have a couple of questions to ask then as well (save any specific class questions for the current students). My biggest advise for the essay is to brainstorm a draft before you write it out, there isn't much planning you can do right now for the essay. Best of luck with your interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on getting an interview! Last year the day was structured with 4 components. There was an interview: you are interviewed with at least one person and there are two faculty members interviewing you. The essay portion. A tour of the OT spaces and then a q and a session with current students. For the interview research the school and have an unique answer of why you want to go there. You want to stand out against the other person you are interviewing with. The questions are pretty basic but make sure you have a couple of questions to ask then as well (save any specific class questions for the current students). My biggest advise for the essay is to brainstorm a draft before you write it out, there isn't much planning you can do right now for the essay. Best of luck with your interview!
Thank you so much for the advice!!

What question did they ask you for the essay portion? I am pretty nervous about the essay portion. How much time do we get to write?

What question did they ask you for the essay portion? I am pretty nervous about the essay portion. How much time do we get to write?

The essay portion was just to see what our writing style was like. I don't remember exactly what the prompt was but I remember that it was easy to write and there was plenty of time to write and proofread.

Declined my invitation for an interview for Chatham (12/8). Hope this helped someone get an interview in here.