Checking Application Status: The What and Who's

Started by jandm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jandm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When waiting for a response (invite to interview; decision post-interview), who do you contact? Do you just email admissions (i.e., no particular admissions member)? Or, do you email a particular admissions member?

For those that have actually done this, what's the best way to be tactful when asking for a status update on your application?

I'm particularly interested in other applicants' experience/advice in this area since I am a non-traditional student lacking people to ask about what they've done in similar situations.

Currently I'm awaiting on any response whatsoever to my applications. I applied in later December and have heard no word from some schools (no interviews and I've confirmed my application is complete) I know I'm stating the obvious, but since I applied so late in the cycle and it is so late in the interview process, I would like to know if an interview is likely!

I'd love to hear some input.
 
What schools are you applying to? The schools make a big difference, though in general I have found a respectful phone call to the DO schools to always be welcome. MD schools tend to have a broader flavor.

List the schools and we can give you some specific advice.
 
When waiting for a response (invite to interview; decision post-interview), who do you contact? Do you just email admissions (i.e., no particular admissions member)? Or, do you email a particular admissions member?

For those that have actually done this, what's the best way to be tactful when asking for a status update on your application?

I'm particularly interested in other applicants' experience/advice in this area since I am a non-traditional student lacking people to ask about what they've done in similar situations.

Currently I'm awaiting on any response whatsoever to my applications. I applied in later December and have heard no word from some schools (no interviews and I've confirmed my application is complete) I know I'm stating the obvious, but since I applied so late in the cycle and it is so late in the interview process, I would like to know if an interview is likely!

I'd love to hear some input.

This late in the cycle, it'd be best to call all the schools directly and ask them about the status of your application.
 
If calling call the main admissions number. If you want to send a letter of interest to basically say im still here and still want to come to your school email it to the director of admissions and send a copy snail mail.